ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why does this team fail to show up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263878)

htismaqe 09-18-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924172)
When he won two out three games with at the end of last year it was a no brainer. The team really responded to the guy and we barely missed the playoffs. Green Bay was a big win but it had very little to do with why I wanted RAC to be the HC.

One of the two games we won was Green Bay.

beach tribe 09-18-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924222)
Not directly. There is a chain of command.

He's the most inconsistant player on the roster. He got a contract because he stepped up his game. Now he looks like he doesn't give a shit. I wouldn't be doing it for motivation. I would be doing it to make us better. I am tired of the DJ roller coaster ride. We have been through this 100 times with DJ.

It would send a message. The message would be play hard or get the **** out.

Also, are you GAChiefKU?

It's not a lack of effort. It's all focus. Coaching is his problem right now. Cutting him would monumentally stupid. He's an all pro LB when focused, and The first two games this season are the first two that he has looked like his former self in a looong time. The guy is a monster, he just needs a good kick in the ass.

htismaqe 09-18-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924183)
Pioli has very little interaction with any of the players directly.

He's on the field each and every day, interacting with the players. They come and talk to him in his office - at least he says they do.

You're flat wrong.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8924223)
We looked equally as bad the first two games last season. If not worse. The D needs to get it's shit together. I think that's going to happen soon.
I may be the only one, but now that the anger of looking like complete bafoons has subsided, I still think the season is worth saving and can actually be saved, after watching Manning look like shit last night.

I'm just not there yet and I applaud your hope. I just want to throw it in the trash can and rebuild. I am having a hard time even liking some of our players after last week. My entire perception has changed in the last few days. These players aren't who I thought they were.

Rausch 09-18-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924222)
Not directly. There is a chain of command.

YES!

DIRECTLY!

A player has no man to fear more than the owner or GM...

PhillyChiefFan 09-18-2012 08:00 AM

Pioli needs to be fired, he is the common denominator. Hunt needs to find his balls and fire him, if he is AT ALL serious about winning a SB. He has had time to build this team and they are going downhill quickly. He has failed. He rode Dimitroff and BB's coat tails to a payday. Sack up, admit to the mistake and MOVE ON.

The team is uninspired and give up as soon as they are down because their QB goes fetal if a finger gets laid on him. He has chosen to start a QB who was drafted in the 7th round and has won a starting job for 2 teams: Chatsworth High School and The Kansas City Chiefs.

Next GM needs to come in, hire his own HC, collaborate to hire a quality OC and DC (quit screwing around with HC wearing mulitple hats), draft the best QB coming out of next year's class, and utilize the $30 mil caproom to sign quality young vets.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8924233)
He's on the field each and every day, interacting with the players. They come and talk to him in his office - at least he says they do.

You're flat wrong.

So what are they talking about? Is he telling them how to play Mr. Conspiracy theorist?

He's their boss in a sense but he has no real influence over them. His actions mean more than his words man. He can fire them and they fear that but the roster decisions are up to Romeo.

This is basic business 101.

I see where you are coming from but this isn't worth talking about. I think you don't get it and you think I don't get it.

htismaqe 09-18-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924243)
So what are they talking about? Is he telling them how to play Mr. Conspiracy theorist?

He's their boss in a sense but he has no real influence over them. His actions mean more than his words man. He can fire them and they fear that but the roster decisions are up to Romeo.

This is basic business 101.

I see where you are coming from but this isn't worth talking about. I think you don't get it and you think I don't get it.

You know next to nothing about how this team is structured.

The roster decisions come from Pioli. He has supreme authority for everything on the field. EVERYTHING.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

You know next to nothing about how this team is structured.

The roster decisions come from Pioli. He has supreme authority for everything on the field. EVERYTHING.
How do you know? I'd like it if you would prove it. I would like to be educated on this. I'm being serious and am not being a smartass. In what way is this team run differently than the rest of the NFL?

Rausch 09-18-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924274)
How do you know? I'd like it if you would prove it. I would like to be educated on this. I'm being serious and am not being a smartass.

Because he's the ****ing GM...

Black Bob 09-18-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8924278)
Because he's the ****ing GM...

He provides the players. The coach decides who makes the roster and sets the depth chart. Pioli does not make the final roster decisions. He has said it.

THIS IS THE WAY IT WORKS ACROSS THE ENTIRE NFL.

htismaqe 09-18-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924274)
How do you know? I'd like it if you would prove it. I would like to be educated on this. I'm being serious and am not being a smartass. In what way is this team run differently than the rest of the NFL?

Well, the first and plainly obvious instance is that the Chiefs are the only team in the league with a HC that is also the team's DC.

But when it comes to the structure of the team, there's a reason Romeo was hired. At his age, at this juncture of his career, he had one shot to be a head coach. And this GM conveniently needed a guy that wouldn't question any of his moves.

htismaqe 09-18-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924282)
He provides the players. The coach decides who makes the roster and sets the depth chart. Pioli does not make the final roster decisions. He has said it.

THIS IS THE WAY IT WORKS ACROSS THE ENTIRE NFL.

The coach can't put somebody into the 2-deep that isn't on the team.

By providing the players, the GM has a direct influence on who sees the field.

tredadda 09-18-2012 08:24 AM

As much as I am anti-Cassel, the fact that this team is playing the way they are falls on the coaching staff. They are failing to have this team ready to go.

PhillyChiefFan 09-18-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8924284)
Well, the first and plainly obvious instance is that the Chiefs are the only team in the league with a HC that is also the team's DC.

But when it comes to the structure of the team, there's a reason Romeo was hired. At his age, at this juncture of his career, he had one shot to be a head coach. And this GM conveniently needed a guy that wouldn't question any of his moves.

Completely agree on both points. Romeo is a yes man at this point in his career.

I'm sick of the HC wearing two hats. Haley was HC/OC and how did THAT turn out??? Last time this team was competitive was when we had an HC, OC, AND a DC.