ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Ikea coming to Kansas City. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264301)

Bump 09-27-2012 10:43 AM

is this place good for someone who is trying to flip a house? For stuff like tiles, flooring, wall paper and shit like that? There is one not too far from me, but I never been in there.

NewChief 09-27-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8954332)
is this place good for someone who is trying to flip a house? For stuff like tiles, flooring, wall paper and shit like that? There is one not too far from me, but I never been in there.

I'm not sure that they'd be cheaper than Lumber Liquidators for flooring. Fixtures, lighting and cabinetry are cheap, though.

Bewbies 09-27-2012 10:46 AM

IKEA is awesome. We have one here in Atlanta, and the only drawback is that when you go there it will be 2+ hours. Even if you're only in there for one specific thing. It's so big it makes a Super Wal Mart look like a corner grocery store.

NewChief 09-27-2012 10:48 AM

Ikea pro tip:

Make an account online and set it up for the store you're visiting. Make your "shopping list" online and print it out (or get it when you get there). Don't bother going through the showrooms. Go straight to the warehouse and pick and pull. This saves you tons and tons of time, because winding your way through the showrooms is what takes so freaking long.

Of course, you may want to browse, but if you're trying to be efficient, that's not the way to do it.

blaise 09-27-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8954344)
IKEA is awesome. We have one here in Atlanta, and the only drawback is that when you go there it will be 2+ hours. Even if you're only in there for one specific thing. It's so big it makes a Super Wal Mart look like a corner grocery store.

It's big and it makes you walk through the whole store. There's on little shortcut in the middle, but you mostly see the whole store.

Bewbies 09-27-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8954350)
Ikea pro tip:

Make an account online and set it up for the store you're visiting. Make your "shopping list" online and print it out (or get it when you get there). Don't bother going through the showrooms. Go straight to the warehouse and pick and pull. This saves you tons and tons of time, because winding your way through the showrooms is what takes so freaking long.

Of course, you may want to browse, but if you're trying to be efficient, that's not the way to do it.

:thumb:

I'm teaching this to my wife pronto...

Deberg_1990 09-27-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8954350)
Ikea pro tip:

IMO you dont go to an IKEA store to be efficient. The main experience is walking through the showrooms.

Richard_Cuckold 09-27-2012 11:30 AM

IKEA baby

Richard_Cuckold 09-27-2012 11:30 AM

those Swedish bastards have great stuff haha

vailpass 09-27-2012 12:18 PM

Don't let your wife take you there unless you are prepared for a journey. I did it once a few years ago, no more for me.

Bewbies 09-27-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8954540)
Don't let your wife take you there unless you are prepared for a journey. I did it once a few years ago, no more for me.

When your wife takes you to Ikea the proper behavior display for a man is to head to the cafe area and get cinnamon rolls and ice cream. Then you sit at a table and play on your phone for the next 2 hours, while stuffing your face full of tasty goodness. LMAO

vailpass 09-27-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8954746)
When your wife takes you to Ikea the proper behavior display for a man is to head to the cafe area and get cinnamon rolls and ice cream. Then you sit at a table and play on your phone for the next 2 hours, while stuffing your face full of tasty goodness. LMAO

Where were you when I needed you? :D

Honestly, I didn't mind the journey as a first-time/one-time deal. Pretty interesting set up and they had a lot of interesting shit in there. But if I ever find myself there again I'll employ your technique for part of the trip.

mr. tegu 09-27-2012 01:52 PM

Is it as big as Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Is the quality about the same or slightly worse?

mr. tegu 09-27-2012 01:56 PM

I-35 and Johnson Drive. What is funny is when they built all those shops I could tell nothing was going to fill those spaces. IKEA is just going to demolish them now haha.

That area is going to be absolutely PACKED with traffic! It is already a pretty tight area as far as roads go, add in the train tracks on Johnson Drive just a block aways.

vailpass 09-27-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8954776)
Is it as big as Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Is the quality about the same or slightly worse?

There isn't anyplace to tie up your horse if that's what you are asking.