ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So Cassel is clearly the wrong guy, but what should Pioli have done? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264907)

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996609)
Then you haven't watched enough of Sanchez.

Again: Just watching his playoff performances is enough to say he's a better player than Cassel.

And I said this last year: Sanchez had a "bad season" according to true fans, and still threw 26 TD.

Cassel had a "good season" and threw 27.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8996589)
Some posts from Dane. Remember, he WATCHED the games and didn't just look at stats

Alright Smartass, how about these (because I knew your **** ass was up to something)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7079149)
If Cassel continues to play shitty, I'm betting Haley replaces Cassel.

I don't see any reason why they'd be so stubborn as to **** the team out of wins.

Belichick & Pioli had no problem replacing and sticking with Bledsoe after Brady performed well in 2001 and after the Super Bowl win, Bledsoe was traded.

The only difference being that I don't think Cassel's worth a draft choice to anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7098731)
Cassel shouldn't be blamed for the loss.

But, Cassel proved once again that he shits the bed when something of value is on the line, in this case, the game.

Three straight incompletions.

Using one thread as a barometer is ****ing stupid.

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996602)

Shit, he might even elevate Jon Baldwin away from superbust status.

I can't in good conscience call Baldwin a superbust when he's had Cassel as his QB.

If he can't produce with Geno next year, then he needs to go.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996606)
:shrug: So Pioli has built a better team (outside of the QB position) than the Jets the last few years? Jets have VERY clearly declined the last 2-3 years. Tannenbaum/Ryan could also be in trouble. Of course, they're having really bad luck with injuries as well (Revis and Holmes, obviously).

I don't care. This team sucks. Fire everyone. Stop trying to defending Patriot shitdicks. Pioli is just another Mangini.

RunKC 10-09-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996611)
Would have been an amazing pick by Pioli, and would have showed incredible foresight.

And he'd have come cheap.

Dalton would have fit in perfectly here. He has everything needed to succeed just like in Cincy. We would have won the division last year and most likely this year. With Dalton we win playoff games.

Deberg_1990 10-09-2012 05:05 PM

Could have maybe swung for the fences in 2009 for Stafford or Bradford in 2010 to trade up.. Doubtful they would have given up on Cassel so soon in 2010 though....

They wouldn't have tried to upgrade after 2010 season..so that leaves last year. Orton isn't the answer, but he's clearly better than Cassel. Should have resigned Orton.

I don't remember any other free agent QBs in 2009 we could have snagged instead of Cassel? Anyone remember?

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8996618)
Dalton would have fit in perfectly here. He has everything needed to succeed just like in Cincy. We would have won the division last year and most likely this year. With Dalton we win playoff games.

Additionally, Dalton not having to go against Balt/Pitt Ds twice a year would probably result in better results, more confidence, and ultimately more production.

-King- 10-09-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8996614)
Alright Smartass, how about these (because I knew your **** ass was up to something)

Using one thread as a barometer is ****ing stupid.

The posts I quoted came AFTER the season after you had formulated a complete opinion on Cassel.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8996622)
The posts I quoted came AFTER the season after you had formulated a complete opinion on Cassel.

Whatever. Throughout the season, I constantly posted my issues Cassel and at no point in 2011, at least did I recall, did I ever say that the Chiefs couldn't improve the QB position.

But go ahead and continue to use the search function. I guess it gives you something to do with your time.

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996613)
Again: Just watching his playoff performances is enough to say he's a better player than Cassel.

And I said this last year: Sanchez had a "bad season" according to true fans, and still threw 26 TD.

Cassel had a "good season" and threw 27.

Sanchez had 26 TDs against 18 picks and 10 fumbles. The year before that he had 17 TDs against 13 picks and 9 fumbles (only one lost, which I call a fluke, which evened out the next year when 8 of 10 were lost). His rookie year it was 12 TDs and 20 picks with 10 fumbles. He averages 30 sacks per year and hasn't thrown better than 57% completion yet.

The dude sucks. I agree he elevated his game in the playoffs -- played much better for whatever reason -- but you can't suck that hard during the regular season because it really doesn't put you in a position to GET to the playoffs to begin with.

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996617)
I don't care. This team sucks. Fire everyone. Stop trying to defending Patriot shitdicks. Pioli is just another Mangini.

ROFL

-King- 10-09-2012 05:11 PM

Sanchez has had 4 straight games where he's completed less than 50% of his passes.

Like TK13 said, that's Ryan Leaf territory.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996636)
ROFL

You know it's true. Your boy Romeo is a walking pile of pus, too. Why Pioli thought he should be a head coach again is a ****ing mystery.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:13 PM

Hey gang, so Hitler was clearly the wrong guy, but what should Germany have done?

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8996620)
Could have maybe swung for the fences in 2009 for Stafford or Bradford in 2010 to trade up.. Doubtful they would have given up on Cassel so soon in 2010 though....

They wouldn't have tried to upgrade after 2010 season..so that leaves last year. Orton isn't the answer, but he's clearly better than Cassel. Should have resigned Orton.

I don't remember any other free agent QBs in 2009 we could have snagged instead of Cassel? Anyone remember?

Honestly don't think any power on earth could've gotten the Lions to trade the Stafford pick or the Rams the Bradford pick. Those teams finished last and their fans would've gone ape if they gave up a future QB stud no matter what the package.

Agreed on Orton. That was a pretty obvious mistake.