ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So Rich Gannon was talking about his days in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264966)

memyselfI 10-12-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9002578)
His stats are nearly identical to Grbac. Here are their stats with Grbac first. Completions 57-56%. TD% 3.5-4.0. INT% 1.9-2.3. YPA 6.2-6.5. Rate 79.1-79.8. Grbac was throwing the ball more.

Yes, but Gannon put up those numbers in an offense that was not tailored to him, right? The difference when he got the the Raiders is that Gruden crafted his offense AROUND Gannon. Rich likely would have been a very effective QB here, or anywhere, where the emphasis on the offense was built around his strengths and not his weaknesses.

htismaqe 10-12-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9004194)
We don't lose to Denver. that good enough?

We would have won that game if there wasn't a couple of TERRIBLE phantom calls, with or without Gannon.

Try again.

htismaqe 10-12-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9004196)
Had Gannon played that Playoff game vs Denver, we win.

Gannon was not great, but the Chiefs were winning.

Starting a guy with minimal playing time heading into the post-season is borderline reeruned.

The Chiefs were 7-2 with Grbac, 5-1 with Gannon. Our 2 worst offensive performances of the season were both with Gannon at QB.

The idea that he had ANYTHING to do with that season is a fallacy.

Any QB could have done what he did. Hell, ELVIS GRBAC did it and he sucked according to everyone here.

htismaqe 10-12-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9004571)
Yes, but Gannon put up those numbers in an offense that was not tailored to him, right? The difference when he got the the Raiders is that Gruden crafted his offense AROUND Gannon. Rich likely would have been a very effective QB here, or anywhere, where the emphasis on the offense was built around his strengths and not his weaknesses.

Bullshit.

Gruden ran the SAME offense in Tampa, with Brad Johnson, and won a Super Bowl.

Gannon FIT Gruden's offense, Gruden didn't tailor anything for Rich.

Bullshit.

Deberg_1990 10-12-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9004578)
Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Wasnt Paul Hackett still the Chiefs OC in 97? He basically ran the same offense as Gruden or very similiar didnt he?

I just think Gruden liked to the throw the ball alot more than Marty did, and the Raiders had Tim Brown and Jerry Rice, so of course they played to their strengths at the time.

Dartgod 10-12-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9004578)
Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Better to leave Richie alone before she threatens to sue.

Nzoner 10-12-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9004196)
Had Gannon played that Playoff game vs Denver, we win.

Gannon was not great, but the Chiefs were winning.

Starting a guy with minimal playing time heading into the post-season is borderline reeruned.

As I recall Grbac started the last regular season game against the Saints at Arrowhead in a cold drizzle and absolutely sucked.That alone should have been all the warning Peterson needed.Yes,I said Peterson,I still think Grbac getting his job back was Carl's ultimate call based on a report I remember hearing by Gretz and then later comments made by Marty himself when he was then working for ESPN on NFL Live.