ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rate Brady Quinn's performance today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265101)

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9013991)
1st start in sometime I would say average. C at best, he forced a few throws. Both INT's were not so much his fault, one was iffy by throwing into tight coverage, but it was catch able.

With more time with the 1's , he can be a service able QB. His one big failure in the past is his inconsistency with his passes.

Bottom line is we need a good # 1 QB and much better coaches.

You just described Matt Cassel.

tonyetony 10-14-2012 06:48 PM

He's not the answer and tried to fit it in some unreasonably tight windows but he didn't hang anyone out to dry for a career ending injury either. I'll take him for the remainder of our quest to draft the highest rated QB in next years draft.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-14-2012 07:20 PM

I voted D.

Positives:
Neither one of the interceptions was his fault.
He knows how to escape pressure and not crawl up into fetal position.
He's clearly better than what Cassel has been.

Negatives:
He was playing the worst pass defense in the league, threw the ball almost 40 times, and still had less than 200 yards. That is unacceptable.
No touchdowns.
Seemed handicapped by playcalling, just like Cassel has been. This team is scared to death to try to throw the football.

ILChief 10-14-2012 07:26 PM

He is different than Cassel. Much better arm strength and mechanics. Puts the ball in better position for receivers.

Checked down too much and didn't take many shots down the field. I guess I would give him a low c since its his first start since 09. Grading will be much tougher next game (provided they don't go back to Cassel)

tredadda 10-14-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9014347)
He is different than Cassel. Much better arm strength and mechanics. Puts the ball in better position for receivers.

Checked down too much and didn't take many shots down the field. I guess I would give him a low c since its his first start since 09. Grading will be much tougher next game (provided they don't go back to Cassel)

I am willing to bet Cassel is back for the Oakland game. No matter how much he has sucked this season he continued to start until a concussion prevented it this week. He had all this week, next week and the week after leading up to that game to heal. He will start, especially since Quinn did not win and we got blown out with him starting.

ROYC75 10-14-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9014023)
You just described Matt Cassel.

Uh, No I did not. Cassel grades much worst.

Quinn most likely is not our answer and 1 game is not enough to judge him on since his Cleveland debacle days.

Sure you could feel he was not comfortable out there, but what QB could have with the way our played today, the play calling and not having much time to work with the 1's.

Again, we know we have a glaring problem at the QB position, but I am more inclined to say that with the talent we do have it's our coaching staff as the problem that it was Brady Quinn today.

We could bring in any QB you like, until we get a quality coaching staff, this team will under perform.

ROYC75 10-14-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9014434)
I am willing to bet Cassel is back for the Oakland game. No matter how much he has sucked this season he continued to start until a concussion prevented it this week. He had all this week, next week and the week after leading up to that game to heal. He will start, especially since Quinn did not win and we got blown out with him starting.

Bet Cassel does too, but this game was not lost because of our QB play, ( unlucky )crazy plays, defense and poor coaching all the way around.

If RC can't figure out what is wrong, he needs to watch the game film through most of the eyes of the planet members and Chiefs fans.

tredadda 10-14-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9014643)
Bet Cassel does too, but this game was not lost because of our QB play, ( unlucky )crazy plays, defense and poor coaching all the way around.

If RC can't figure out what is wrong, he needs to watch the game film through most of the eyes of the planet members and Chiefs fans.

I agree we didn't lose because of our QB play, but we didn't win because of it either. This time we got blown out while breaking even on turnovers (if I am not mistaken). The excuse for starting Cassel is that we were only blown out because of us finishing on the negative for turnovers and by limiting them he gives us our best chance to win.

I want Cassel to start as I feel Quinn gives us a better chance of winning and I am all for us losing out this season. That is what we need to clean house and rid this team of our GM, HC, and QB.

Strongside 10-14-2012 08:51 PM

1/10...would not do.

Jive Ass 10-14-2012 08:54 PM

D+

He wasn't a colossal failure, but didn't do much during any part of the game. Better passing than Cassel, though...even if they were dink and dunk most of the time.

Gravedigger 10-14-2012 09:16 PM

This was the competition they brought in to challenge Cassel without Dabolls thoughts on him. This organization is lost. Personally I think it's the playcalling + rustiness that was the issue today. No matter what quarterback is behind center the playcalling will be dumbed down and neutered for them. With our playcalling it's about asking the QB to not lose the game instead of go out there and win the game and the fan base. They're lucky Charles is around or else we'd be the worst team bar none in the league.

WV 10-14-2012 09:45 PM

He's obviously better than Cassel, but let's be honest. This is like trying to decide between two buckets of shit. We're only modestly happy because Quinn Shit is different shit.

The Bad Guy 10-14-2012 09:49 PM

Are you grading on how NFL Qbs should play? F

Are you grading on how Chiefs QBs have played? D+

Mrs. Loopner 10-14-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9012801)
I made this comparison in chat, and I'm going to throw it out here.

Brady Quinn is like getting anally raped by a 4 inch dick.
Matt Cassel is like getting anally raped by a 10 inch dick.

You think getting anally raped is by a 4 inch dick is less painful, but who the **** cares?

You're still geting a dick in your ass.

A dick's a dick, no matter how small.

I like the way you talk, Mr. Milkman!

kcbubb 10-14-2012 10:40 PM

What was the Chiefs rushing yardage totals today? 65 yds?