ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anonymous Releases Name of Amanda Todd Bully (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265282)

vailpass 10-17-2012 10:26 AM

We have 3 boys and it is a daily thing to keep them safe and navigate the waters for them in this new digital world.
Having said that, thank God we don't have daughters.

Titty Meat 10-17-2012 10:51 AM

This story doesn't make much sense. So a 32 year old guy sent nude pics to her classmates and teachers but was never arrested? I thought she was picked on because she banged some popular chicks bf? Regardless rip to that little girl so sad.

I remember when I was in 4th grade my friend and I were being picked on outside by some middle schoolers. Grandpa came out holding a shotgun and that was that.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-17-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9024010)
I'm going to be coming to you later for tips. I've got 3 daughters and I'm scared shitless of when they grow up.

Me too. My 9 yr old daughter has been begging for internet access on her PC, so she can "play and download games".... My wife has been trying to push me to let her...

I am scared for 8 years from now... Have a 4, 7 and 9 year old girls, currently... :eek:

NewChief 10-17-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9024042)
This over and over. Never allow a computer with internet access in your children's room. Put it in the living room and only allow then to surf when the family is in the room.

At what point are you all going to allow your kids to have phones with data plans? Ipads? I need to get my iPad on lockdown, as my kids use it quite often. It's scary how quickly they can go from inadvertently from watching a kidz bop video to something completely inappropriate without even meaning to.

My kids are just exploring, pointing and clicking at this point, while I'm supervising at least to some degree, because they're too young to really do anything intentionally wrong. That being said, I want to make the iPad safe for them to use.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-17-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9024200)
This story doesn't make much sense. So a 32 year old guy sent nude pics to her classmates and teachers but was never arrested? I thought she was picked on because she banged some popular chicks bf? Regardless rip to that little girl so sad.

I remember when I was in 4th grade my friend and I were being picked on outside by some middle schoolers. Grandpa came out holding a shotgun and that was that.

I had an incedent in 5th grade, where a 6th grader (that had even been held back a year) was following me and my friend home from school trying to fight us... We ended up running all the way to my buddies house where his brother (who was a Junior in High School at the time) was in the front yard... Kid even tried to be tough to the brother and fight him... what a knucklehead. That was the end of that.

L.A. Chieffan 10-17-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9024109)
Nobody runs anonymous.

Are you Ben Roethlisberger?

Tribal Warfare 10-17-2012 11:19 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KRxfTyNa24A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and here is the text card video she did

Grim 10-17-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9024075)
Speak N Spell is running Anon?

lol!
Sounds like loquendo

Titty Meat 10-17-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9024259)
I had an incedent in 5th grade, where a 6th grader (that had even been held back a year) was following me and my friend home from school trying to fight us... We ended up running all the way to my buddies house where his brother (who was a Junior in High School at the time) was in the front yard... Kid even tried to be tough to the brother and fight him... what a knucklehead. That was the end of that.

Yup the best way to handle a bully is to hit them in the face. I just don't understand this story at all. Nobody stepped in to report this 32 year old man? That little girl was pretty i'm very surprised nobody had her back.

Chiefnj2 10-17-2012 11:22 AM

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=7399759

According to this article the address they gave out is incorrect (per police).

KC_Lee 10-17-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9024257)
At what point are you all going to allow your kids to have phones with data plans? Ipads? I need to get my iPad on lockdown, as my kids use it quite often. It's scary how quickly they can go from inadvertently from watching a kidz bop video to something completely inappropriate without even meaning to.

My kids are just exploring, pointing and clicking at this point, while I'm supervising at least to some degree, because they're too young to really do anything intentionally wrong. That being said, I want to make the iPad safe for them to use.

That's up to you as a parent. If you educate your kids and monitor thier activity (not sure if you can look at history on an iPad) and call out anything that looks suspicous to you.

There is no one answer or magic bullet. But if we as parents help teach our kids and take the precautions to ensure that our kids are not available to be exploited but the scum of the Earth we can make this a better place to live.

J Diddy 10-17-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9024117)
That's generally because a lot of parents don't educate their kids properly about the world. If you don't use your own controlled environment to teach your kids about what a meat grinder the world can be, someone else will, or they will have to learn in a way like this girl learned.

As I said, it's our job to be our kids safe keepers. That also means educating them about these things and not sugar coating it. We watched Traffic with my 14 year old a few months ago. That movie really hit home with her. As someone who grew up dealing with a sibling that was an addict, I never ever want to see my kids travel down that path. So I will do whatever it takes to let them see how ugly it can get, before they are actually IN that ugly.

This x a billion.

Too many people in this world wanting to be their child's best friend. If you want to be your child's best friend then you have to do what it takes when they are young so that can grow into the kind of adult you would associate with.

Another misconception is that you can protect them and control their environment totally. That's not how it's done. You protect them by arming them with the knowledge to make a rational choice. Just like teaching a child how to drive, you don't just throw them the keys and say good luck.

KC_Lee 10-17-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9024321)
This x a billion.

Too many people in this world wanting to be their child's best friend. If you want to be your child's best friend then you have to do what it takes when they are young so that can grow into the kind of adult you would associate with.

Another misconception is that you can protect them and control their environment totally. That's not how it's done. You protect them by arming them with the knowledge to make a rational choice. Just like teaching a child how to drive, you don't just throw them the keys and say good luck.

:clap::clap::clap: Well put!! :clap::clap::clap:

You cannot explain why there is evil in the world, you simply have to accept it as a fact and make a plan from there.

J Diddy 10-17-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9024304)
Yup the best way to handle a bully is to hit them in the face. I just don't understand this story at all. Nobody stepped in to report this 32 year old man? That little girl was pretty i'm very surprised nobody had her back.

The most bothersome thing about this that I've seen is the lack of action by the parents short of running away.

The Franchise 10-17-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9024326)
The most bothersome thing about this that I've seen is the lack of action by the parents short of running away.

That and they're now setting up a fund for people to donate money to.