ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adam Caplan's nice write up on GM candidates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267079)

Chief Roundup 11-26-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9154421)
Not only that, he's being paid like a GM.

He doesn't have to uproot his family.

He clearly loves the area, so who wouldn't want what is a essentially a lifetime contract to stay with one great organization with a committed owner?

I understand that stuff and it does mean a lot. But I would want the ability to advance in my career. If there was a position come up with a team that I wanted. I would want the ability to take it without buying out my contract.

And the Ravens may be all those things to him and that is great. But if he felt that way why would this type of a contract be necessary? Just so you don't have to answer the phone and say "Thank You for you consideration but I am not interested at this time".

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9154453)
I understand that stuff and it does mean a lot. But I would want the ability to advance in my career. If there was a position come up with a team that I wanted. I would want the ability to take it without buying out my contract.

JFC, Dude, he already DID advance his career. When Ozzie retires, he's the GM. In the meantime, he's being PAID like he's the GM.

Do you honestly believe that Kansas City, with Clark as CEO, is a better job than Baltimore, with Steve Biscotti?

LMAO

DaveNull 11-26-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Tom Gamble/San Francisco 49ers/Director of Player Personnel: In my 14 years of covering the NFL, I don’t recall getting as many strong comments about a potential GM candidate from high-ranking personnel executives and NFL player agents as I’ve received about Gamble in doing research for this piece.
I think I remember hearing similar things a few years ago about a certain Scott Pioli.

Chief Roundup 11-26-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9154480)
JFC, Dude, he already DID advance his career. When Ozzie retires, he's the GM. In the meantime, he's being PAID like he's the GM.

Do you honestly believe that Kansas City, with Clark as CEO, is a better job than Baltimore, with Steve Biscotti?

LMAO

It just wouldn't be for me. He is not advanced to the top yet. When Ozzie retires....If nothing happens he is quaranteed the job. That sounds good and all but I have lived too long and seen too many of these guarantees disappear for various reasons.

I didn't mention KC at all. This is not about that. It is just a situation that I would not put myself in if I was DeCosta.
I would question the need for such a contract. To me it shows a lack of trust.

Baby Lee 11-26-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9153748)
I really like what AZ has done defensively through the draft. Lindley could be a good backup, I have no idea.

Offensively via the draft, they've picked up some good players recently.

Lindley was dog SHIT yesterday, I mean 'even Cassel's not that bad' level dog shit.

Sorter 11-26-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9154812)
Lindley was dog SHIT yesterday, I mean 'even Cassel's not that bad' level dog shit.

Welp, then I guess they'll be in the Wilson/Barkley sweepstakes.

DTLB58 11-26-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9153932)
Looks to me like the writer wanted to do a feature on Gamble and then added the others. Wish he would have treated them all the same way.

Nice catch :thumb:

RealSNR 11-26-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 9154499)
I think I remember hearing similar things a few years ago about a certain Scott Pioli.

Pioli had no personnel experience

Titty Meat 11-26-2012 07:34 PM

The Chiefs are going to get someone cheap since Hunt extended Pioli and still has to pay Romeo 3mil for a few more years.

ILChief 11-26-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Palko?

Baby Lee 11-26-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9154951)
Palko?

Actually, I was being a BIT unfair. There were moments of mobility and a couple nice passes, but he had 4 INTs, 2 for TDs [to the same DB, a rook]. There were several 'who was that even aimed at' passes as well. He started semi-respectable and slid downhill FAST, against the Rams with their asshole still gaping from the Jets' ministrations.

whoman69 11-26-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Lindley is a rookie. Why are they having a rookie throw the ball 52 times? He did have over 300 yards. Don't know why they can't get the ball to Fitzgerald. He was targeted 12 times and only had 3 catches.

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9154519)
It just wouldn't be for me. He is not advanced to the top yet. When Ozzie retires....If nothing happens he is quaranteed the job. That sounds good and all but I have lived too long and seen too many of these guarantees disappear for various reasons.

I didn't mention KC at all. This is not about that. It is just a situation that I would not put myself in if I was DeCosta.
I would question the need for such a contract. To me it shows a lack of trust.

It sounds like you haven't dealt with employment contracts before.

Sorter 11-26-2012 09:06 PM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9155195)
It sounds like you haven't dealt with employment contracts before.

tredadda 11-26-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9153907)
DeCosta or FAIL

Baltimore drafts very well every year it seems. Can't go wrong w/ that.

How much of that has to do with him and not Newsome? I worry about him because of that. Remember the accolades Pioli came in with and who the true architects of that success were.