ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Ray Lewis is Amazing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267095)

Molitoth 11-27-2012 09:05 AM

You guys realize this is a TEAM game, correct?

Montana and Brady did not win those superbowls on their own.

BlackHelicopters 11-27-2012 10:01 AM

The military-industrial complex is behind the success of Ray Lewis.

Dayze 11-27-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9156323)
The military-industrial complex is behind the success of Ray Lewis.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...5854575505.jpg

loochy 11-27-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9156233)
You guys realize this is a TEAM game, correct?

Montana and Brady did not win those superbowls on their own.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/30879260.jpg

TheGuardian 11-27-2012 11:02 AM

I don't think the league can test for GH at this point in time, so it's not out of reason to think that Ray might have used it for healing. Good for him.

bowener 11-27-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9156474)
I don't think the league can test for GH at this point in time, so it's not out of reason to think that Ray might have used it for healing. Good for him.

Honestly, if and when the league finds a way to test for HGH, I think they should allow it to be used for severely injured players. This would allow them to test players that are actively playing every week, but then allow the players the best possible rehab and treatment money can buy when they need it. Honestly, I'm not sure there isn't a massive lawsuit in there somewhere. If I were super wealthy and tore my triceps I would pay for the best treatment available, so I'm not sure the NFL could/should punish an injured player for doing the same.

okoye35chiefs 11-27-2012 11:12 AM

the guys is a beast..

his life story on the NFL network is amazing (not just his troubling years)

He is going to be one hell of a coach some day

TheGuardian 11-27-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9156489)
Honestly, if and when the league finds a way to test for HGH, I think they should allow it to be used for severely injured players. This would allow them to test players that are actively playing every week, but then allow the players the best possible rehab and treatment money can buy when they need it. Honestly, I'm not sure there isn't a massive lawsuit in there somewhere. If I were super wealthy and tore my triceps I would pay for the best treatment available, so I'm not sure the NFL could/should punish an injured player for doing the same.

GH doesn't give you any real performance advantage other than allowing you to heal, so I have never been able to figure out why it's banned. It doesn't make you faster or stronger really (regardless of what you have read). It will make you a bit leaner, and allow you to recover from injuries more quickly. Seems like that would be something the league would want to consider endorsing actually.

Sorter 11-27-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9156501)
GH doesn't give you any real performance advantage other than allowing you to heal, so I have never been able to figure out why it's banned. It doesn't make you faster or stronger really (regardless of what you have read). It will make you a bit leaner, and allow you to recover from injuries more quickly. Seems like that would be something the league would want to consider endorsing actually.

I agree. To be fair, I'm not very familiar with the negative side effects of HGH.

TheGuardian 11-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9156510)
I agree. To be fair, I'm not very familiar with the negative side effects of HGH.

The only ones there really are, is that it can grow your internal organs and/or bones structure IF you go f'n crazy with how much you are taking. However for guys to really heal and see the wonders from it, you don't need that much. 4-8 i.u. a day during the recovery period.

Sorter 11-27-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9156513)
The only ones there really are, is that it can grow your internal organs and/or bones structure IF you go f'n crazy with how much you are taking. However for guys to really heal and see the wonders from it, you don't need that much. 4-8 i.u. a day during the recovery period.

I'd heard about the bone structure one and didn't know if it was true. There's been a rumor for quite some time that Randy Couture was on HGH bc of the way his head appeared to swell/change shape over the course of a few years.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 11-27-2012 11:34 AM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Potato_23.gif

TheGuardian 11-27-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9156527)
I'd heard about the bone structure one and didn't know if it was true. There's been a rumor for quite some time that Randy Couture was on HGH bc of the way his head appeared to swell/change shape over the course of a few years.

Quite possible. Fighters probably deal with more injuries than any other athlete I can think of. When I was training with fighters a few years ago I was more beat up then than from anything else I ever did before. Even in my years of tournament fighting. MMA really beats the living shit out of you. My guess is most of the guys don't walk into the ring at 100% ever.

Sorter 11-27-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9156540)
Quite possible. Fighters probably deal with more injuries than any other athlete I can think of. When I was training with fighters a few years ago I was more beat up then than from anything else I ever did before. Even in my years of tournament fighting. MMA really beats the living shit out of you. My guess is most of the guys don't walk into the ring at 100% ever.

Yup.

SAUTO 11-27-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9156540)

kinda off topic here but have you ever tried hyperbaric treatments?