ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Does Charles and Bowe and other Chief players seeking Peyton's autograph bother you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267105)

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9156030)
Pussy ass losers.

LMAO

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...4t4Cnm4KqmrtEQ

Change it... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...applicator.jpg

Chiefnj2 11-27-2012 07:19 AM

Football in this day and age is different then it was 30 years ago. These guys put their cleats on for 3 hours and then it is over. When the final whistle blows, the game is over and these guys are friends. You may sit and steam for a few days, these guys don't.

ForeverChiefs58 11-27-2012 07:20 AM

I don't remember anyone from the team doing that when they played Rapelisberger, Brady, Rodgers or even his little brother Eli who has more SB rings.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-27-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9156034)
Football in this day and age is different then it was 30 years ago. These guys put their cleats on for 3 hours and then it is over. When the final whistle blows, the game is over and these guys are friends. You may sit and steam for a few days, these guys don't.

Yeah, you're right. I don't know if I can turn it down to a level they have. If I do, ****, I'm not getting paid. I could just fall off altogether.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9156035)
I don't remember anyone from the team doing that when they played Rapelisberger, Brady, Rodgers or even his little brother Eli who has more SB rings.

We wouldn't know about this at all if KCTV weren't there with cameras.

And when was the last time Brady played in Arrowhead?

Peyton is an entirely different animal.

Goldmember 11-27-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9155670)
It's like Otis Taylor asking for Ben Davidson's autograph.

It's like Marty asking for Elway's autograph.

Pitiful.

You can't beat a hero, so don't have heros.

Marty played golf with Elway and Shanarat before. Elway beat him in the playoff, again.

AdumbGuy 11-27-2012 07:32 AM

hate manning, but this is kinda funny. It's like they think he's so old, he's retiring after this year.

And as far as whom Bowe and Charles can ask for autographs on the chiefs? Colquitt - our best player the last few years and the one we've designed our game plans around.

Codered 11-27-2012 07:33 AM

In todays NFL, fans hate their rival teams more so then the players. I am sure Peyton has fans that play on 31 other NFL teams.

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 07:34 AM

Give me a ****ing break. Who gives a shit?

I've known talented individuals who eventually get "broken" by terrible leadership and no motivation to perform at a high level. They either stick around and collect a paycheck, or move on and shine in an environment that works for them.

Unfortunately many of our talented players on our team are simply collecting a paycheck, and I can't really blame them. I wouldn't give a shit if my coaches were Romeo Crennel and Brian Daboll. They obviously have no interest in winning, why should our players?

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9155976)
I don't care if they want an autograph. My sole objection is that I want the players on my favorite team to be at least as passionate about their team as I am. By all means, get an autograph. Get 100 autographs. But don't camp out waiting for the guy to emerge from the locker room after he just whooped you on your own turf. I don't even want to hear crap about "it was only 8 points" either.

It wasn't all that long ago that little-known, mediocre talent George Teague tackled T.O. at mid-field in Texas stadium when TO was a Niner and twice defiled the Cowboys' logo in post-TD celebrations. If this team had more George Teagues and less D'Wayne Bowes, it would be in a whole lot better shape than 1-10.

The autograph hounds thing seems so, so minute in the grand scheme of things but it's so big when you think about just how much this locker room sucks and their will to win is absolutely gone. I pay $10-25 to play softball tournaments on weekends and I'm more angry about losing stupid old man softball games than these jokers are about losing a football game for which they're compensated hundreds of thousands of dollars and all the strange vagina they can possibly use. While I'm well-aware that comparing beer-sofftball to professional football is stupid, the point stands.

It's pathetic. I know it's a business and there's a lot of money involved. I'm okay with that. I don't expect any Chiefs player to cut themselves after a tough loss. But I do expect our stars to WANT to win. I want them to be pissed off when they lose. I want there to be enough peer pressure in that locker room that players who screw up feel ashamed and have some accountability when they walk out of that stadium in their $2,000 suits and hop into their cars that cost more than my house. Buck up men. If you have nothing left at all, play for pride.

Good god. That statement made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 07:37 AM

It bothers me some. In the offseason, you can be friends and "hero worship" all you want....but on gameday? Pathetic.

Does Ray Lewis ask for Roethlisbergers sig after games?

mikey23545 11-27-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9156048)
Give me a ****ing break. Who gives a shit?

I've known talented individuals who eventually get "broken" by terrible leadership and no motivation to perform at a high level. They either stick around and collect a paycheck, or move on and shine in an environment that works for them.

Unfortunately many of our talented players on our team are simply collecting a paycheck, and I can't really blame them. I wouldn't give a shit if my coaches were Romeo Crennel and Brian Daboll. They obviously have no interest in winning, why should our players?

Really?

Your pride and will to win have to come from an outside source?

Good Lord...LMAO

Easy 6 11-27-2012 07:39 AM

It shouldnt have happened how and when it did, but as long as the new regime comes in and instills more pride and zeal, this will all be forgiven and forgotten.

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9156052)
Really?

Your pride and will to win have to come from an outside source?

Good Lord...LMAO

Yeah, that's what I said. :doh!:

mikey23545 11-27-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156051)
It bothers me some. In the offseason, you can be friends and "hero worship" all you want....but on gameday? Pathetic.

Does Ray Lewis ask for Roethlisbergers sig after games?

Roethlisberger takes him to his favorite bar and they snuggle in the bathroom for awhile after the games...