ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Michael Jordan banned from golf course... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267174)

Deberg_1990 11-29-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9161204)
I actually like the game of golf to a degree. I get it. Being outside with freshly cut grass, hitting the absolute shit out of a little ball with a big giant metal club. It feels good. It's a shame I'm complete and utter dog shit at it, or else I would play the game myself. However, it's really the PEOPLE that can ruin it. Like others have already said, there are a lot of snobby, horribly dressed dipshits out there that care more about appearance and shit than just the game itself. It's sad and pathetic. It's like the people that listen to rap music in their cars and turn it up really really ****ing loud when they enter a QuikTrip parking lot. Most of those people don't really enjoy going deaf listening to that shit. They just want everyone else to NOTICE that they're listening to it. Makes em feel "cool" or whatever. I wish I had a rocket propelled grenade for those assholes to be honest...

Kind of where i am with the sport. Ive played it, its ok..not my favorite, but i get how it can be fun.

I just dont get why there has to be this "Air of elitism" about the sport? I guess i dont understand the history.

loochy 11-29-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9161213)
Your and idiot

A country club is established with rules, and all of the members pay a significant amount of money (not me, I can't afford it and don't want to be part of that lifestyle) to be part of that club with those rules. Jordan isn't above the rules, especially as a guest.

YOUR AND IDIOT

It's still ridiculous. I'm not advocating that Jordan has rights or that he should sue the place. I just think it's stupid.

Sorter 11-29-2012 10:54 AM

Why doesn't MJ just buy the golf course?

LMAO

NJChiefsFan 11-29-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9161307)
Why doesn't MJ just buy the golf course?

LMAO

That would be pretty funny.

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9161347)
That would be pretty funny.

It would be the ultimate **** you.

He could just lounge around in his cargo shorts all ****ing day long. ROFL

Dave Lane 11-29-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9160381)
Everyone knows that you can't wear ****ing Cargo shorts at a Country Club

Why?

loochy 11-29-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9161455)
Why?

Because they are the same as normal khaki shorts.....EXCEPT THEY HAVE A POCKET ON THE LEG!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!! POCKETS ARE EVIL!!!!! I MEAN DAMN...SOMEONE COULD USE THOSE POCKETS TO PUT STUFF IN OR SOMETHING!!!

Easy 6 11-29-2012 11:54 AM

The story of golf, as related to me by a born Scotsman and master storyteller - There once was a village idiot who grew bored with drunkenly meandering about town all day, so one day as he was walking with his stick, he smacked a rock with it and thought "well, thats a bit of fun"

But pretty soon the villagers grew tired of the idiot, his rocks were hitting people, hitting their houses and so they said "get out of here and dont come back, idiot"

So across the fields he went, smacking his rock as he went, when one day his rock fell into a ground squirrel hole, well, he thought this added an exciting new twist to this game he had since dubbed "smiting the stone"

So on he went across the field, looking for holes to smack his rock into, pretty soon he came to another village, and as he passed through, that villages idiot noticed him and asked if he could join him in smiting the stone... but soon they were thrown out, just like the last village.

So on they went across the fields, and as they passed through the next village, another idiot thought this all looked like great fun and so he joined them, and again they were thrown out, and on across the fields to the next village they went, collecting idiots as they went, enthralled were they all with smiting stones into squirrel holes.

Soon every village idiot in Scotland was playing smite the stone, and the rest as they say... is history.

morphius 11-29-2012 12:41 PM

This story would have been a lot more fun if he would have just ripped the pockets off and just continued to play.

HemiEd 11-30-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9161259)
YOUR AND IDIOT

It's still ridiculous. I'm not advocating that Jordan has rights or that he should sue the place. I just think it's stupid.

So since George Brett was one of the best ever at what he did, he should be able to walk into a restaurant naked?

Same thing.

I don't really care for the snootyness of Country Clubs, but those members have chosen that environment, and all agree to it.

Heck, they got upset at me one time for pissing behind a tree, so I just choose not to go most of the time. Their rules, their club. Jordan is not different.

Rain Man 11-30-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Why?

Only servants carry cargo. You can't be a country club member if people confuse you with the servants.

HemiEd 11-30-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Why?

It is written into the rules of every CC I have played at in the last couple of years, and I don't care for it either, but it is the rules.

I suspect it is written in the rules because they are just plain ugly and sloppy looking?

One of our Naples Fl. group had to buy a pair of shorts in the Pro Shop last year, and was told ahead of time not to wear the cargo shorts.

There are dress codes at most golf courses, even public municipal courses.

KCWolfman 11-30-2012 02:04 PM

Did he join the club? Did he understand the rules before he joined? Is there a reason he couldn't understand the rules?

I don't understand the issue.

Hammock Parties 11-30-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9164874)
Did he join the club? Did he understand the rules before he joined? Is there a reason he couldn't understand the rules?

I don't understand the issue.

The only issue is Michael Jordan could buy and sell your dumb ass.

Stewie 11-30-2012 03:22 PM

MJ is a grown man and plays tons of golf. He knows the rules and etiquette, especially at very exclusive private clubs. He was an invited guest and should have had a second thought about wearing cargo coolots.