ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pistol offense changing the NFL AKA draft Geno reason #59270286 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268080)

TrebMaxx 12-29-2012 07:40 PM

Now that Chris Ault has retired as Nevada's HC could he be a possibility for OC if Geno is our target for QBOTF?

milkman 12-29-2012 08:45 PM

This is why I think Chan Gailey is the best candidate as an OC if he gets fired in Buffalo.

He's shown an ability and willingness to adapt scheme to talent.

I don't think he's HC material, but he's as innovative and creative as any OC in the league.

bowener 12-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9250156)
This is why I think Chan Gailey is the best candidate as an OC if he gets fired in Buffalo.

I don't think he's HC material, but he's as innovative and creative as any OC in the league.

I hadn't thought of this. You, sir, are brilliant!

Ace Gunner 12-29-2012 10:06 PM

Always liked ol' Mr. Chan

Pitt Gorilla 12-29-2012 10:36 PM

Elements of the spread/spread quarterbacks will never work in the NFL\ CP braintrust.

Demonpenz 12-29-2012 10:38 PM

Still hasn't won a title yet.

Easy 6 12-29-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9250156)

I can already hear the "retread" groans, but you're absolutely right... i could get behind him as an OC.

The only caveat i would have to add with him, is that i would want a top flight QB coach to work hand in glove with him.

He's a solid schemer, but i have doubts about how well he can communicate those ideas to his QB... yes, he made thiggy look atleast competitive, but aikman was known to have hated working with him and he didnt exactly make fitzpatrick shine - like weis did with cassel to an extent - either.

He's good, but needs a great HC to keep an eye on things and a quarterback coach to keep his guy focused and on the right track.

lostcause 12-30-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9243932)
Brady rarely runs and is rarely a threat to do so. They are not built on tons of misdirection fakes and stacked backfields that he's running play action on. That's my point, not that they don't run 2 TE sets more than the typical team does. Brady is a traditional pocket passer, and he rarely moves out of it or rolls.

The point of this article is how you use the QB as a legit running threat to change the defense. NE does not do that whatsoever.

The Pats do not run a typical pro style offense. They run a "whatever the **** Belicheck wants to run this down" style offense.