ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What type of QB does Andy Reid prefer? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268404)

Sorter 01-03-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9274694)
I seriously question the quantity of film watched, the vision and the judgement of some of the planeteers who make some of these claims, Mr. Sorter.

I question whether they consumed a large quantity of paint chips as children.

For some, they probably never kicked the habit.

gta0012 01-03-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9274695)
Matt Cassell is the prototypical Reid quarterback. No joke.

Leadership, toughness, screen passes all day long...

Ladies and gentlemen your Chiefs starting quarterback for 2013.... Matt Cassell!

Trust me I wouldn't be surprised. Let's hope we get new GM that pushes Cassel out.

Molitoth 01-03-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9274694)
I seriously question the quantity of film watched, the vision and the judgement of some of the planeteers who make some of these claims, Mr. Sorter.

What bothers me is that us chumps on a website can sit here and watch a ton of film on these QB's and figure out who looks to be the best prospect.

and then you have PAID PROFESSIONALS like Kiper who do this every day 24/7 and they are pimping someone like Glennon over Geno.

I really just don't get it.

Nightfyre 01-03-2013 01:40 PM

Mel is paid extra by agents to plug guys. The average viewer doesn't know that he's wrong, just accepts his word as the expert.

Ace Gunner 01-03-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9273982)
Espn is scaring me... Talking about how he can fix cassel

:)

Sorter 01-03-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9274722)
What bothers me is that us chumps on a website can sit here and watch a ton of film on these QB's and figure out who looks to be the best prospect.

and then you have PAID PROFESSIONALS like Kiper who do this every day 24/7 and they are pimping someone like Glennon over Geno.

I really just don't get it.

Paid by agents to market players+ arrogance + overall being shitty talent evaluators. For ****s sake, Mel Kiper thought that Jamarcus Russel would be Elway and Russel WIlson would be complete garbage. Gruden almost beat his ass on set over that ROFL

ToxSocks 01-03-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9274698)
I'm pretty sure Geno lovers have good reason to rejoice...

As do Geno Haters.

Reid brings a new dynamic and confidence when it comes to new QB's.

All of a sudden, those physical tool Geno exhibits have a greater chance of turning into NFL production.

Nightfyre 01-03-2013 01:44 PM

With Childress and Reid selecting and coaching a prospect, you have a high probability of success.

Molitoth 01-03-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9274729)
Paid by agents to market players+ arrogance + overall being shitty talent evaluators. For ****s sake, Mel Kiper thought that Jamarcus Russel would be Elway and Russel WIlson would be complete garbage. Gruden almost beat his ass on set over that ROFL

That's why I tell people to go research prospects on their own rather than just listening to what Kiper has to say.

These are the same type of people who accept being a Jehovah's Witness because their parents told them its the truth.

GO RESEARCH YOURSELF PEOPLE, OPEN YOUR MINDS!
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...mage-kuato.jpg

Sorter 01-03-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9274739)
With Childress and Reid selecting and coaching a prospect, you have a high probability of success.

For as much hate as people have for Childress, I think he can be creative at times.

My question is, Reid primarily utilizes a zone-blocking run scheme, whereas IIRC, Childress and the majority of WCO uses a power scheme that utilizes a fullback. It will be interesting to see how our run game looks next year IMO.

in b4 Reid doesn't use RBs

Nightfyre 01-03-2013 01:49 PM

This offensive line is well-built for a ZBS for many years due to the young talent. It would be a mistake to choose a scheme over the talent on the line.

houstonwhodat 01-03-2013 01:51 PM

Do ya'll really want Andy Reid as your coach?

Rausch 01-03-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9274775)
Do ya'll really want Andy Reid as your coach?

No, not really...

Sorter 01-03-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9274764)
This offensive line is well-built for a ZBS for many years due to the young talent. It would be a mistake to choose a scheme over the talent on the line.

Definitely. Our OL is athletic enough to get in space quickly and cut. Additionally, I feel we're going to see much more use from Charles in the screen game

Nightfyre 01-03-2013 01:54 PM

Honestly, I hope to see something in the mold of the Coryell system with a higher emphasis on the running and play-action game. Frankly something similar to what Al Saunders ran.