ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Was your Scout Leader a Perv? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268913)

YourChiefConcern 01-15-2013 02:13 PM

Andy has always had high calibur RBs.

To say he's gonna pass a lot is just ridiculous. Clearly you know nothing about football.

loochy 01-15-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9320926)
I wouldn't even want to be a leader then on the Boy Scout level.

Generally there is a good distribution of older scouts and younger scouts. I think the ages range from like 6th grade to 12th grade. The older, more responsible scouts in leadership positions typically act as the authority and leadership with rough guidance from the scoutmaster(s). The SPL (Senior Patrol Leader, an older scout) runs the meetings and activities and delegates authority appropriately. The group is further broken up into patrols of 5 or 6 scouts with their own designated leadership.

NewChief 01-15-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9321187)
Generally there is a good distribution of older scouts and younger scouts. I think the ages range from like 6th grade to 12th grade. The older, more responsible scouts in leadership positions typically act as the authority and leadership with rough guidance from the scoutmaster(s). The SPL runs the meetings and activities and delegates authority appropriately.

Exactly. Each of our patrols would plan their entire menu for the group, designate shoppers, and take care of all the cooking for themselves. My dad's job was basically to ride chaperone, plan the overriding activity (often with help from the SPL's), and then eat with whatever patrol he thought had the best food.

loochy 01-15-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9321233)
Exactly. Each of our patrols would plan their entire menu for the group, designate shoppers, and take care of all the cooking for themselves. My dad's job was basically to ride chaperone, plan the overriding activity (often with help from the SPL's), and then eat with whatever patrol he thought had the best food.

Our adults would always cook their own meals and they would always cook some delicious gourmet dutch oven food. Every once in a while they's let us have some, but not often. It seemed like us kids always made foil pack meals and breakfast burritos.

binkybink77 01-15-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9320950)
Are you calling me a "name is silly"? The Chiefs will pass a lot because of the Walrus!!!

Andy needs Josh Freeman and the top Tackle in the draft. He'll immediately turn this franchise around.

Have fun with Andy's clock management and timeout usage. Oh, and Jamaal Charles just extended his career by 3 years. His touches will be cut in half and half of those touches will be receptions.

Easy 6 01-15-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9321393)
Oh, and Jamaal Charles just extended his career by 3 years. His touches will be cut in half and half of those touches will be receptions.

We're WAY ahead of you on that take, but i'll give you a 9.0 for the effort.

Stewie 01-15-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9320607)
I'm unsure whether we'll do Boy Scouts or not. Modern Boy Scouts seems a little "pussy" for my tastes, and I'm not exactly a hard core military type.

http://ib.huluim.com/video/12426219?size=512x288

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9321393)
Have fun with Andy's clock management and timeout usage. Oh, and Jamaal Charles just extended his career by 3 years. His touches will be cut in half and half of those touches will be receptions.

Don't forget incessantly passing on 1st down, on 3rd and 4th in short, in goal line situations, and on 20 degree, 50 mph wind days.

And offensive line coaches as defensive coordinators.

And running your franchise RB with less than 2 minutes to go in a blowout.

youtube. com/watch?v=AhO_W7BIA60

loochy 01-15-2013 03:43 PM

g

BucEyedPea 01-15-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9320278)
LA Times has posted information they've researched from the BSA about incidents with scout leaders. There's over 5000 cases, and they have an interactive map where you can check your hometown for reported cases.

Yikes said Canteen Boy.....

http://spreadsheets.latimes.com/boyscouts-cases/

When I would assist my daughter's Troop Leader on GS/Brownie trips, her and the other two mothers would sit around talking about this. One was a counselor and she mentioned grown men, and boys telling her how this stuff happened. She heard it all.

loochy 01-15-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9321532)
When I would assist my daughter's Troop Leader on GS/Brownie trips, her and the other two mothers would sit around talking about this. One was a counselor and she mentioned grown men, and boys telling her how this stuff happened. She heard it all.

Oh yeah? Well when I was on BS/Webelos trips, the Scoutmasters would sit around talking about this. One was a counselor and she mentioned ugly fat women and girls telling her how this stuff happened. He heard it all.

binkybink77 01-15-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9321408)
We're WAY ahead of you on that take, but i'll give you a 9.0 for the effort.

You're going to have one "heck of" a screen game though.

houstonwhodat 01-15-2013 04:26 PM

Only on CP would you read a thread like this.

Bravo!

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkybink77 (Post 9321586)
You're going to have one "heck of" a screen game though.

And if you go into the season without a punt returner or linebacker or safety, you're probably "fine there".

binkybink77 01-15-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9321593)
Only on CP would you read a thread like this.

Bravo!

Actually, I know of another forum in the NFL that covers everything from blue waffles to come recipes. This would be a pretty typical thread there.