ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forget the draft - radio hosts and callers already rationalizing starter MATT CASSEL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269146)

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 12:38 PM

Cassel would make a solid backup, which is what he's always been. Under this condition, I'd have no problem with him remaining on the roster with a restructured (and thus far cheaper) deal.

Cassel hate was always an extension of Pioli disdain.

-King- 01-21-2013 12:39 PM

You guys pay way too much attention to people/things that don't need any attention.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63 01-21-2013 12:40 PM

What would really suck big time for all the STHs is that everyone is pumped by Reid and Dorsey hire and renew their tickets only to see Matt Noodle Arm trotted out as a starter. That would be ridiculous....

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-21-2013 12:40 PM

If you can listen to the 610 afternoon show for more than two hours. Your brains cells slide down the back of your throat and you develop a speach impediment.

CoMoChief 01-21-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9339092)
Cassel would make a solid backup, which is what he's always been. Under this condition, I'd have no problem with him remaining on the roster with a restructured (and thus far cheaper) deal.

Cassel hate was always an extension of ***** disdain.

He'd be a solid backup if he was making only $1M/year.

Doesn't even deserve that considering how much money he's robbed from the Hunt family, I'm just going by the average backup salary (which is more like $1.6M).

keg in kc 01-21-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9338786)
We're quickly moving into a dead period in terms of KC sports. No one in the city, generally speaking, gives a shit about the NBA or NHL. There is only so much mileage that one can get from college basketball. NFL season is over, and viable draft information is scarce. Spring Training isn't really in full gear yet.

Lots of air time to fill with little material to discuss.

Expect a lot of stupid shit because of all of the above.

Yep.

This is when I tune out until baseball season and the draft.

Although to be honest, I've pretty much stopped listening to sports talk. It's really of minimal value for anything other than eating time. You don't really get any great insight, and predictions and analysis don't really mean anything or have any sort of impact on the outcome of events. It's hours a day of hosts masturbating over the airwaves.

Cannibal 01-21-2013 12:42 PM

Cassel will be gone.

He is the epitome of the losing ways of the ***** regime. Reid will want eliminate that stench of losing and start fresh I think.

I don't even think he'll be retained as a backup.

wazu 01-21-2013 12:49 PM

Talk radio would be a lot better if they wouldn't take callers, ever. Everybody who actually calls in seems to be a moron. Even the ones who almost get it right, almost always ruin it at the end with something stupid, or won't get off the line after making their point. I usually flip to another station when some random idiot gets air time.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9339092)

Cassel hate was always an extension of ***** disdain.

Nah, they were equal. In many ways, a lot of Pioli disdain was fueled by his insistence on elevating Matt Cassel even though it was obvious he didn't deserve it.

saphojunkie 01-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9338786)
We're quickly moving into a dead period in terms of KC sports. No one in the city, generally speaking, gives a shit about the NBA or NHL. There is only so much mileage that one can get from college basketball. NFL season is over, and viable draft information is scarce. Spring Training isn't really in full gear yet.

Lots of air time to fill with little material to discuss.

Expect a lot of stupid shit because of all of the above.

Yet another reason why KC should get an NBA team.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339101)
Yep.

This is when I tune out until baseball season and the draft.

Although to be honest, I've pretty much stopped listening to sports talk. It's really of minimal value for anything other than eating time. You don't really get any great insight, and predictions and analysis don't really mean anything or have any sort of impact on the outcome of events. It's hours a day of hosts masturbating over the airwaves.

Unfortunately, I have the choice between that and silence. I can't listen to music and get any work done.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9338750)
I don't get it.

I FULLY understand that not everybody is convinced that we should, or even will, draft a QB to start next year.

But what is it with the last few days of people talking about MATT ****ING CASSEL as next year's starter?

Caller after caller to 810. TJ Carpenter on Friday night telling everybody to be prepared for Matt Cassel because Reid can "fix him". Petro talking today about Reid being able to get "another 2010" out of Cassel.

Is this just a case of battered fan syndrome? Does anybody REALLY think Matt Cassel starting next year is a realistic scenario?

It's the dumbest fanbase in professional sports.

RunKC 01-21-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339120)
Unfortunately, I have the choice between that and silence. I can't listen to music and get any work done.

Listen to the draft podcasts for Senior Bowl. Even if Geno isn't there, you'll find out about the other QB's and some good prospects at other positions that could be on our team.

It's way better than the crap on KC radio.

Lion-O 01-21-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9339109)
Talk radio would be a lot better if they wouldn't take callers, ever. Everybody who actually calls in seems to be a moron. Even the ones who almost get it right, almost always ruin it at the end with something stupid, or won't get off the line after making their point. I usually flip to another station when some random idiot gets air time.

Think about the type of people that have the ability to call and wait on hold for several minutes or hours during typical work hours. I assume it's mostly old people or losers without jobs.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-21-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9338750)
I don't get it.

I FULLY understand that not everybody is convinced that we should, or even will, draft a QB to start next year.

But what is it with the last few days of people talking about MATT ****ING CASSEL as next year's starter?

Caller after caller to 810. TJ Carpenter on Friday night telling everybody to be prepared for Matt Cassel because Reid can "fix him". Petro talking today about Reid being able to get "another 2010" out of Cassel.

Is this just a case of battered fan syndrome? Does anybody REALLY think Matt Cassel starting next year is a realistic scenario?

Chiefs fans are the stupidest ****ing fans in the world.