ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The start of my juice cleanse/fast. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270599)

teedubya 03-01-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9455042)
That's your body's way of saying "Hey dumbass, this isn't working, we need to try some actual food so I have something to work with here."

LOL.

58-4ever 03-01-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9454980)
Im a spicy bitch. I use a lot. I love ginger and its so damn good for you. I would say I use maybe 1/2 a ginger root for 32oz of juice?

Good lord that's a lot! ;) I use a piece about the size of a golf ball or smaller.

MahiMike 03-01-2013 03:33 PM

Thought about this many times. Heard you can't move outta bed for 1st couple days though...

Carlota69 03-01-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9455070)
Good lord that's a lot! ;) I use a piece about the size of a golf ball or smaller.

1/2 a ginger root is just a little bigger than a golf ball? Or maybe it's double, but I love it.

Carlota69 03-01-2013 03:39 PM

I plan on doing a 1//2 juice day deal, once Im in motion from knee surgery. Juice for breakfast and sometimes for lunch (3-4 days a week) and then sensible dinner.

El Jefe 03-04-2013 07:45 AM

Ok, my thoughts so far:

I'm going to alter my diet. I have had phenomenol success so far. I started at 358, and I weighed 341 this morning. I will contribute that to be vastly over weight, and the juice cleaning me of a lot of water weight and bad toxins. Im going to alter this plan a bit to fit me better. I am going to juice for 2 meals and have a good third meal. I am going to start doing this friday, so I give the juice a bit more time.

I had some issues with headaches, but it seems the more water I drink the better it gets. I was drinking about 2 2litres of Diet pop a day. Now I haven't had any for four days and I am drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. Good news is, that water is very good for you, bad news is I have to pee like a race horse every hour and a half. I will cut back on that though. I have not craved any bad food or pop since probably saturday. Which isn't some ridiculous feat, but for me that is pretty good. Before doing this I would shove anything in my gullet. I am not craving any diet pop at all, water tastes pretty good.

I did cardio every day so far, and yesterday I did a light weights workout, and felt great. The juicer I bought is a broken piece of crap that I am taking back. I am going to use my blender. This morning I blended 6 oranges and a bananna for breakfast and it was excellent.

Sad realization:

In 2010 I was heavy into lifting, I weighed 260lbs and was 18% body fat, played basketball all the time. I was 10-15lbs from where I should have been, but I was crushing weights. My knee started bothering me, so I quick working out as much and began to gain weight. By 2011 I was 290, 2012 I was 330, and then I got up to 358 in 2013. It's sad, but, at least I am doing something about it now. I won't get back to that weight ever again.

Al Bundy 03-04-2013 07:54 AM

I didn't go through the whole thread, but I imagine you have added blueberries to your diet?

Jenson71 03-04-2013 07:55 AM

Seriously that's a huge jump. I didn't think something like that was possible so quickly.

Jenson71 03-04-2013 07:58 AM

Also, is this the pos juicer?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ENQyqs2eL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-BMJ330-C.../dp/B0032XEIOG

NewChief 03-04-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9462435)
Now I haven't had any for four days and I am drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. Good news is, that water is very good for you, bad news is I have to pee like a race horse every hour and a half. I will cut back on that though. I have not craved any bad food or pop since

I pee pretty much hourly with the amount of water I drink, so I don't think you're that far off.

GloryDayz 03-04-2013 08:46 AM

Are you going to update the OP or just keep it in line? And I'd be interested in weigh-in reports to see if/when there's a plateau. I know the HDL and LDL levels can't really be done daily, but I've heard this diet works quickly, so for the guy two offices down (peanut butter in his veins), I'd love to show him a real-life example of how quickly it works.

And thanks, this is awesome! So many folks (6!!!) in my office got lap bands, and it just seems to me that along with the lap band, this is about what they did. So what was it, the lap band or the diet. I know they say the lap bands "magic" is you feeling full almost right away, but that's a will thing, and they seem to have assumed a LOT of risk for lack of will....

Anyway, thanks, this is cool...

Imon Yourside 03-04-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Ok, my thoughts so far:

I'm going to alter my diet. I have had phenomenol success so far. I started at 358, and I weighed 341 this morning. I will contribute that to be vastly over weight, and the juice cleaning me of a lot of water weight and bad toxins. Im going to alter this plan a bit to fit me better. I am going to juice for 2 meals and have a good third meal. I am going to start doing this friday, so I give the juice a bit more time.

I had some issues with headaches, but it seems the more water I drink the better it gets. I was drinking about 2 2litres of Diet pop a day. Now I haven't had any for four days and I am drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. Good news is, that water is very good for you, bad news is I have to pee like a race horse every hour and a half. I will cut back on that though. I have not craved any bad food or pop since probably saturday. Which isn't some ridiculous feat, but for me that is pretty good. Before doing this I would shove anything in my gullet. I am not craving any diet pop at all, water tastes pretty good.

I did cardio every day so far, and yesterday I did a light weights workout, and felt great. The juicer I bought is a broken piece of crap that I am taking back. I am going to use my blender. This morning I blended 6 oranges and a bananna for breakfast and it was excellent.

Sad realization:

In 2010 I was heavy into lifting, I weighed 260lbs and was 18% body fat, played basketball all the time. I was 10-15lbs from where I should have been, but I was crushing weights. My knee started bothering me, so I quick working out as much and began to gain weight. By 2011 I was 290, 2012 I was 330, and then I got up to 358 in 2013. It's sad, but, at least I am doing something about it now. I won't get back to that weight ever again.

Good luck to you sir, That is good progress. You don't want to lose your water weight though, that would be very unhealthy. What I know about cleansing is that you will feel like shit and have many aches for a while to start. You should make sure you ease into it, going too fast can be detrimental.

Imon Yourside 03-04-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9462460)
I pee pretty much hourly with the amount of water I drink, so I don't think you're that far off.

Ya I drink about 2 gallons a day most days, and I receive quite a bit of shit over my restroom visits. It's good to be the boss though. ;)

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9454541)
I think it's hilarious that the juicer is called an Omega 330BM,

ROFL Nice catch.

Quote:

Ok, my thoughts so far:

Sad realization:

You've lost 17lbs in 3 days? Holy jumping ****ing shitballs!

Imon Yourside 03-04-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9462586)
ROFL Nice catch.

You've lost 17lbs in 3 days? Holy jumping ****ing shitballs!

Yes that Juice cleanse works VERY quickly, it's also very dangerous and should be watched over by a doctor...You can go a little slower as well.