ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Prince is a Dick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270719)

Frazod 03-06-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9470834)
I saw the Eagles special. Frye and Henley have a "who can be the biggest prick diva" contest for several years. Then they all reunite to go on a "show me the money" tour.

Mojo Nixon was right. Don Henley must die.

Meh. It's not like I want to hang out with the guy - just listen to him sing. And by that I mean the old stuff. That last album they put out (basically every song was Henley telling the listener THE WORLD'S ****ED AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!) was offensive as hell.

Frankly, if I saw him coming down the street, I'd start walking in the opposite direction.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9470918)
Meh. It's not like I want to hang out with the guy - just listen to him sing. And by that I mean the old stuff. That last album they put out (basically every song was Henley telling the listener THE WORLD'S ****ED AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!) was offensive as hell.

Frankly, if I saw him coming down the street, I'd start walking in the opposite direction.

What's interesting is that he was less bitter (although definitely bitter) in the 70's than the last time I spoke with him in 2001 (which I've detailed in the past).

The segments with David Geffen are hysterical and painful at the same time. But Henley was dumb enough to sign with him twice, so part of the blame lies with him.

Seeing Irving Azoff was interesting as well. I started at Universal (MCA) after all the payola trials, mafia crap, etc. but heard plenty of nasty things about him.

gblowfish 03-06-2013 04:04 PM

I think the only good thing with that whole circus is the Joe Walsh turned his life around and didn't kill himself by drugging and drinking. I like Joe Walsh a lot.

Frazod 03-06-2013 04:17 PM

Okay, Dane, we need some more dickish Prince anecdotes.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9471192)
Okay, Dane, we need some more dickish Prince anecdotes.

I wish I had some! :D

The guy was a ghost out here. I was at Uni and then Paramount's music division (sold to Sony) and I never had any interaction with him because he was strictly a Warner Brothers guy when I was in the biz.

He moved his catalog over to Uni in 2005 and terminated that deal last year. I still have a ton of friends over there, so I'll ask around and report in the future.

Frazod 03-06-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9471197)
I wish I had some! :D

The guy was a ghost out here. I was at Uni and then Paramount's music division (sold to Sony) and I never had any interaction with him because he was strictly a Warner Brothers guy when I was in the biz.

He moved his catalog over to Uni in 2005 and terminated that deal last year. I still have a ton of friends over there, so I'll ask around and report in the future.

You should give us a random diva story to sate us in the meantime!

Blindside58 03-06-2013 07:44 PM

Kevin smith (Silent Bob) did a 1 hour special a while back where he talked about his life experiences and one of his main stories was some time filming a documentary on prince. He basically had the same opinion. Prince is a dick. Great story though...on my phone or i would dig it up and embed it.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou 03-06-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside58 (Post 9471894)
Kevin smith (Silent Bob) did a 1 hour special a while back where he talked about his life experiences and one of his main stories was some time filming a documentary on prince. He basically had the same opinion. Prince is a dick. Great story though...on my phone or i would dig it up and embed it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think his point was more that Prince is a complete ****in' nutjob. Batshit crazy. Being a dick is just a side effect.

Deberg_1990 03-06-2013 09:09 PM

Dane, give us a good Kip Winger anecdote

SAUTO 03-06-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9472362)
Dane, give us a good Kip Winger anecdote

Seventeen
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee 03-06-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9471161)
I think the only good thing with that whole circus is the Joe Walsh turned his life around and didn't kill himself by drugging and drinking. I like Joe Walsh a lot.

I like Joe too, but one of the funniest bits was Billy West doing Joe Walsh on Howard Stern back in the day.

Google those terms I'm sure you'll find some great bits.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9471210)
You should give us a random diva story to sate us in the meantime!

Fortunately for me, most of the people I've been running into lately have been phenomenal, save for that ****ing asshat Chris Brown, who I swear, is on a mission to kill me when I take out my trash.

NewChief 03-07-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9472798)
Fortunately for me, most of the people I've been running into lately have been phenomenal, save for that ****ing asshat Chris Brown, who I swear, is on a mission to kill me when I take out my trash.

OMG. Dane is Frank Ocean! I never figured you as bisexual.

Discuss Thrower 03-07-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9473552)

Whoa. It all makes sense.

DaneMcCloud 03-07-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9473552)

LMAO

In case you hadn't read, that ****face Chris Brown bought a home nine house up the street from me. He's a jerkoff and his posse is even worse.