ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs can rescind the tag on Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270747)

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9467031)
Would it make it better? Sure. Significantly better? No. A waste of a pick? Absolutely.

I understood your opinion. Like I said, I don't accept it.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467034)
Past picks are sunk costs. They shouldn't affect future decisions except to the extent that they may still have lingering effects on cash and cap salary.

It matters when they are quality/young/acending players. We have a damn good line and Albert/Allen/Hudson/Asamoah/Winston all are worthy of starting spots next year. Sure Allen was lackluster, but deserves more PT before rotting the bench so soon.

Are you one of the dumb****s that thinks the line was the problem last year?

The Franchise 03-05-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467035)
This is still a low football IQ take.

No it's not.....if you think that the OG position is the weakest link on this football team....then you take Chance Warmack. You don't take Luke Joeckel and hope that he becomes a great OG.

Fish 03-05-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467029)
We could be better. The only question is whether or not it's worth the sacrifice. I understand that you don't think so.

Every team in the league could be better. And obviously it's not worth it, because we don't see a majority of teams throwing vast resources at the OLine. Look at the depth of the Superbowl teams you referenced... Who's the backup LT for the Ravens?

htismaqe 03-05-2013 12:12 PM

Draft Joeckel and move him to guard?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pat, you should stick to politics. You know jack shit about football.

Saul Good 03-05-2013 12:15 PM

Didn't pat win the gambling pick em challenge a few years ago?

Sassy Squatch 03-05-2013 12:16 PM

Warmack would be the pick if we wanted an OG. Lets not do that though..

htismaqe 03-05-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9467064)
Didn't pat win the gambling pick em challenge a few years ago?

Do I ****ing care?

Picking games doesn't equate to football knowledge.

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9467042)
It matters when they are quality/young/acending players. We have a damn good line and Albert/Allen/Hudson/Asamoah/Winston all are worthy of starting spots next year. Sure Allen was lackluster, but deserves more PT before rotting the bench so soon.

Are you one of the dumb****s that thinks the line was the problem last year?

No, it doesn't matter. If they suck they need to be replaced no matter what round they were picked in and if they're great they don't need to be replaced even if they were UDFA.

I'm one of the dumb****s who thinks the line is important and that it's long term quality should be treated as a high priority. I'm not one of the dumb****s who thinks he knows that Geno Smith is a can't miss prospect or who thinks he knows that Luke Joeckel is the best player in the draft.

htismaqe 03-05-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467071)
No, it doesn't matter. If they suck they need to be replaced no matter what round they were picked in and if they're great they don't need to be replaced even if they were UDFA.

I'm one of the dumb****s who thinks the line is important and that it's long term quality should be treated as a high priority. I'm not one of the dumb****s who thinks he knows that Geno Smith is a can't miss prospect or who thinks he knows that Luke Joeckel is the best player in the draft.

You're just a dumb****.

Period.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467071)

Who sucked last year and needs to be replaced?

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467043)
No it's not.....if you think that the OG position is the weakest link on this football team....then you take Chance Warmack. You don't take Luke Joeckel and hope that he becomes a great OG.

My understanding is that Chance Warmack is less likely to be LTotF than Joeckel or one of the other top tackle prospects in the draft. This pick should be made with the future in mind, not just 2013.

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9467055)
Draft Joeckel and move him to guard?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pat, you should stick to politics. You know jack shit about football.

I'm the dumb**** who can read.

ChiefsCountry 03-05-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467086)
Who sucked last year and needs to be replaced?

I would assume the rookie who played guard for the first time.

htismaqe 03-05-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467090)
I'm the dumb**** who can read.

ROFL