ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyson Jackson redid his contract. He will remain with the Chiefs in 2013. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270765)

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9467979)
that raises a good question about Sutton's 3/4... and its differences with Romeos. Is there one?

Supposedly, Sutton is going from a 2 gap responsibility to a 1-gap responsibility.

Guys like Neil Smith, Bruce Smith, J.J. Watt, etc. are 7-technique defensive ends, whereas Dorsey and Jackson have been 5-technique defensive ends.

Jackson's never really shown the ability to rush the passer, so I'll be surprised if he's signed more than a 2 year deal. It's also possible that they ask him to lose weight, which in theory, should make him quicker.

mcaj22 03-05-2013 04:55 PM

there is going to be a lot of people on here eating crow now that their last "hes in a 2 gap hes not asked to rush the passer" excuse will now be exposed if we move to a 1 gap and Tyson Jackson still cant rush the passer

what will the excuse be then "D-lineman need 7 years in the NFL to fully bloom to their potential?"

Bowser 03-05-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9467966)
In a 1 gap yes. Tyson been playing in a 2 gap.

I'm assuming you know the Chiefs are switching to a one gap attack defense this season.

suds79 03-05-2013 04:56 PM

Cool.

Tyson plays just about the least important position in the 3-4. Just take up space.

He does his job. If he was a 3rd round pick we would be celebrating what he brings us. But because where he was drafted he's a bust.

Time to let it go. He'll never be that player. However, he's suitable for the position he's in and is the least of our worries.

Glad he redid his contract.

Direckshun 03-05-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9467979)
that raises a good question about Sutton's 3/4... and its differences with Romeos. Is there one?

Romeo D = 2-gap

Sutton's D = 1-gap

Read here.

Sassy Squatch 03-05-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9467993)
there is going to be a lot of people on here eating crow now that their last "hes in a 2 gap hes not asked to rush the passer" excuse will now be exposed if we move to a 1 gap and Tyson Jackson still cant rush the passer

what will the excuse be then "D-lineman need 7 years in the NFL to fully bloom to their potential?"

I really do not understand this fascination with hoping that a player sucks just to be proven right...

The Franchise 03-05-2013 04:57 PM

So if they can bring in someone like Canty in FA.....that all but eliminates a defensive lineman at 1.1.

If they sign a CB.....there goes Milliner.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-05-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9467995)
I'm assuming you know the Chiefs are switching to a one gap attack defense this season.

Yup

Sassy Squatch 03-05-2013 04:58 PM

**** it do both.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468006)
So if they can bring in someone like Canty in FA.....that all but eliminates a defensive lineman at 1.1.

Agreed

Quote:

Not necessarily. I have a hard time believing that the Chiefs are happy with the current crop of nickel defenders (Arenas, Brown, etc.) so they could sign a guy like Sean Smith as a nickel and draft a starter opposite Flowers.

RyFo18 03-05-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9467937)
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
.@stevenlourie 3-4 defense, dude, you don't ask your DL to make sacks.

Matt youre a ****ing AIDS ridden moron

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9467939)
He's right

Yes, he is.

/Haloti Ngata nods in agreement.

Direckshun 03-05-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Christ.

Surely they're not clearing the way for Geno, right?

...right?

The Franchise 03-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9468018)
Not necessarily. I have a hard time believing that the Chiefs are happy with the current crop of nickel defenders (Arenas, Brown, etc.) so they could sign a guy like Sean Smith as a nickel and draft a starter opposite Flowers.

No way they pay what Sean Smith is asking and then start him at NB.

Hammock Parties 03-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9468018)
so they could sign a guy like Sean Smith as a nickel

A 6-3, 215 CB is going to play nickel?

Dane proving how stupid he is again.

mcaj22 03-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9468003)
I really do not understand this fascination with hoping that a player sucks just to be proven right...

theres always a winner and a loser in arguments, two sides, ones about players are what people see on their televisions, use analytics, own opinion to defend their stance.

numbers dont lie that hes horrible at rushing the passer, that's not asking to be proven right, but when people find excuses to defend something that's not defend-able, then it becomes a point to laugh at people for being wrong, the whole time, in this case, for four years.

It has nothing to do with my thinking of "Is Tyson Jackson a bad player?" I dont think he's bad, but what I am not homer about and I am realistic is the fact that he has no pass rush ability and nor do I expect any, ever