ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Which car would you choose? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270964)

TEX 03-10-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9483610)
Buy a bicycle.

This

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-10-2013 06:15 PM

I'd offer $2000(maybe, the milage is too low for me not wonder why) for the Camaro or $2400 for the Cavalier. And probably move on.

007 03-10-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9483526)
Don't mean to be a dick, but maybe waiting a few weeks is a better option. Getting in situations like this where you feel like you have to make a purchase is the surest way to get ****ed, because you lose all of your leverage.

I have no problem walking away. Thats why I posted here, to get opinions. Kind of surprised to see more support for the Camaro to be honest.

Bugeater 03-10-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9483730)
I have no problem walking away. Thats why I posted here, to get opinions. Kind of surprised to see more support for the Camaro to be honest.

LMAO Seriously? You do know you're talking to a bunch of Chiefs fans here, right?

007 03-10-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9483746)
LMAO Seriously? You do know you're talking to a bunch of Chiefs fans here, right?

I know but I really thought there would be more support for the Cav. My mistake.

Unfortunately, these are the best two cars I have found in 2 months of looking.

tooge 03-10-2013 06:58 PM

The camaro will have a solid drive train but will have Ricky tack things go wrong. The cavalier will have everything go wrong. Cavalier is an entry level vehicle. Camaro is not

007 03-10-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9483769)
The camaro will have a solid drive train but will have Ricky tack things go wrong. The cavalier will have everything go wrong. Cavalier is an entry level vehicle. Camaro is not

What are Ricky tack things?

Exoter175 03-10-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9483519)
Well there you go Guru, looks like this guy has you covered.

:thumb:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9483526)
Don't mean to be a dick, but maybe waiting a few weeks is a better option. Getting in situations like this where you feel like you have to make a purchase is the surest way to get ****ed, because you lose all of your leverage.

Feeling like you have to make a purchase on a complete pile of shit must be a really uneasy feeling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9483610)
Buy a bicycle.

This guy right here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9483761)
I know but I really thought there would be more support for the Cav. My mistake.

Unfortunately, these are the best two cars I have found in 2 months of looking.

Stop what you're doing right now if those are the two best cars you've found in 2 months of looking.

PM Me your budget, your area, the mileage you're willing to go for a car, the needs and wants of the future car, and for whom the car is for. I'll find you something better in literally less than 15 minutes, assuming I'm online when I receiver the PM.

Right now you've got your wallet in hand, outstretched for someone to come take you and run away with your hard earned cash, and neither of those two are reasonable options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9483769)

No, that camaro is not a solid drivetrain, its like an automatic and that transmission is shit, that motor is shit, and like all GM cars prior to the mid 2000's, is a pile of plastic shit. Everything plastic in the interior will break, everything electrical will somehow find a problem, and you'll be left there with your dick in hand calling guys to come pick your shitbox up for 200-300 bucks for scrap.

Superbowltrashcan 03-10-2013 07:23 PM

Go look on Craigslist in Manhattan, Lawrence before the end of college spring term. I found both my daughters nice cars for under 3K from students not wanting to take their vehicle with them....

Exoter175 03-10-2013 07:57 PM

PM replied, if you need any other assistance let me know!:thumb:

aturnis 03-10-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9483132)
neither. A camaro for your kid - lol, call your insurance agent.

and Cavaliers might be one of the worst cars ever made.

On another note i saw a green 4 dour Ford Contour the other day parked down by the south end of the Topeka Blvd bridge, window said $1,800.

Cavalier is a very reliable car. Also, if you need parts there are so many of them in the junkyard it's easy to find cheap replacement parts.

007 03-10-2013 08:42 PM

Doesn't help that my son is really wanting the Camaro now. LMAO

My mistake. I should never have taken him on that test drive with me.

Exoter175 03-10-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9484065)
Doesn't help that my son is really wanting the Camaro now. LMAO

My mistake. I should never have taken him on that test drive with me.

Its a hard decision to make now.

If you don't buy it, he'll be upset.

If you do buy it, I promise your wallet will be upset within the year lol.

007 03-10-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9484073)
Its a hard decision to make now.

If you don't buy it, he'll be upset.

If you do buy it, I promise your wallet will be upset within the year lol.

not my wallet. His. he is paying for it.

Cavalier is off the table. Owner just texted me he had another offer and I can make an offer if I want. Told him to accept the other parties offer.

Called his bluff.

EDIT

Yep, he is upset that we are telling him to look at more cars before settling on the Camaro. Going to be a battle now.

Bugeater 03-10-2013 09:39 PM

Well, if it was my son and his own money, I'd let him buy it with the understanding he's not to come crying to me every time the damn thing breaks, and not to come crying to me that he can't get to work because there's an inch of snow on the ground.

And while Exotor is the first person I've heard speak ill of that 3800 engine, I am not emotionally invested enough in this to get into a internet war over it. But it wouldn't be an engine I would be uncomfortable purchasing.

My biggest problem is a car like that has more than likely been hooned a time or two or three thousand. Just because it doesn't have a V8 doesn't mean it hasn't been driven like it does, especially with that manual trans. HAY GUYS CHECK OUT TEH SECOND GEAR SCRATCH!!!

So yeah, that, along with the age, shit's gonna break. If he's not willing to get his hands dirty and learn a thing or two about fixing your car yourself, it's not the car for him.