ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Random guy: Chiefs leaning toward Dion Jordan with 1st pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271927)

ChiefAshhole20 04-09-2013 06:11 PM

Drafting Dion would allow Tamba to rush the passer every time now that he won't have to worry about pass coverage, since that is one of Dion's strengths, along with being another dangerous rusher. Just line him up at ILB and let him rove around in different spots to blitz on either side of Houston/Hali or drop back in coverage in zone or on a TE. I'd rather have Geno personally, but if a trade down isn't possible, I think Dion as an alternative would be satisfactory.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9572580)
Drafting Dion would allow Tamba to rush the passer every time now that he won't have to worry about pass coverage, since that is one of Dion's strengths, along with being another dangerous rusher. Just line him up at ILB and let him rove around in different spots to blitz on either side of Houston/Hali or drop back in coverage in zone or on a TE. I'd rather have Geno personally, but if a trade down isn't possible, I think Dion as an alternative would be satisfactory.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58 04-09-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9572342)
There's no "first day rule" to apply here. They are NOT taking Fisher or Jokel, and that is NOT wishful thinking on my part. Look at the moves. If Lilja comes back, you can ESPECIALLY cross those two off your mock. Yes, we are in Win Now but Dorsey is not a goddamned idiot looking for "value" like his predecessor. He wants impact players and he wants the future addressed as well. Dorsey wants Geno, and he is GOING to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

As I'm watching all the "Path To The Draft" guys on NFLN right now, say there isn't a QB this year worth the Jags taking @ #2 :)

Gravedigger 04-09-2013 08:40 PM

Anything but a tackle and I'd be happy. You're just causing trouble, almost Pioli-esque arrogance, by drafting Joeckel or Fisher. There will be other great tackles out there in the coming years if not in later rounds this year. Giving up on Albert if you aren't able to trade him is a mistake that will come back to bite ya.

B14ckmon 04-09-2013 08:43 PM

How does bringing back a backup OG mean they aren't taking a LT?

BossChief 04-09-2013 09:56 PM

If they are dead set on passing on a qb with the top pick (as expected) the only two choices should be pass rusher with elite upside/trade down.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9573820)
If they are dead set on passing on a qb with the top pick (as expected) the only two choices should be pass rusher with elite upside/trade down.

This. Impact or future; nothing else is acceptable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla 04-09-2013 10:20 PM

This is simply a crappy year to have 1.1. Clowney? Not eligible. The difference between QB #1 and #8? Negligible in the eyes of many.

I watched Geno on Gruden's QB Camp and thought he looked great. That being said, I don't know who should go 1.1.

Chiefshrink 04-09-2013 10:38 PM

I bet we go Jordan if we can't trade out. And I am okay with that. Geno,Dion or Tavon.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9573888)
I bet we go Jordan if we can't trade out. And I am okay with that. Geno,Dion or Tavon.

Solid choices. It would never happen, but I'd take Austin with the one if I was dead set against QB. HE could have an immediate impact.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 04-09-2013 10:46 PM

I'd rather have Barkevious Mingo if we have to go with an edge rusher.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9573906)
I'd rather have Barkevious Mingo if we have to go with an edge rusher.

I dont know much about Mingo. Is it possible we could get him in the third? It seems to me they'd want to address the interior first. Everyone keeps saying "Tamba is old"' but DJ is no spring chicken either, and he's not exactly Ray Lewis consistent out there anyway. To be fair, he's not Donnie Edwards either, so that's good.
Posted via Mobile Device

nychief 04-09-2013 11:06 PM

Dion is a physical freak... JPP like, no?

Chiefshrink 04-09-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9573897)
Solid choices. It would never happen, but I'd take Austin with the one if I was dead set against QB. HE could have an immediate impact.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. Tavon will be 2013 offensive rookie of the year IMO.

Chiefshrink 04-09-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9573942)
Dion is a physical freak... JPP like, no?

And Dion could very well be 2013 defensive rookie of the year.