ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Best 5/Worst 5 Drafts Through Three Rounds (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272540)

oldandslow 04-27-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9636031)
Your rationalization on Fisher is hilarious. "Well we saved money." We will have saved zero guaranteed dollars. Maybe 3-4 million per year. Enough to pay for our PUNTER I guess. Goddamn. That's what you get out of 1.****ing.1?

horse hockey. Fisher was and is the BPA at 1.

Jordan was the only other option and he doesn't play every down, nor has been that productive.

Rausch 04-27-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Your rationalization on Fisher is hilarious. "Well we saved money." We will have saved zero guaranteed dollars. Maybe 3-4 million per year. Enough to pay for our PUNTER I guess. Goddamn. That's what you get out of 1.****ing.1?

It's like your daughter marrying the pot dealer down the block.

The more you fight it the worse off you are...

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636293)
It's like your daughter marrying the pot dealer down the block.

The more you fight it the worse off you are...

Enjoy it and let it happen.

Rausch 04-27-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9636296)
Enjoy it and let it happen.

I wouldn't go that far.....but......yeah.

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636301)
I wouldn't go that far.....but......yeah.

Ok. Not your daughter..............

Friendo 04-27-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9636274)
The solace if things continue to go to hell in Chiefsland as the naysayers insist [don't agree personally] is that the Ravens have long been my favorite nonChiefs team, and the Rams are growing on me under Mr. Jeffrey.

keep in mind that most of the "naysayers" also thought Marty was a fail.:rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501 04-27-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

No, I am using common sense that the Chiefs took the best available player in a class that had no top shelf talent at skill positions. So much so that teams struggled to trade down and the one team that did (Oakland) got absolutely fleeced.

farmerchief 04-27-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 9636287)
Loved the Fischer pick...Period. BPA- at 1.1. So relieved it wasn't Joeckel.

Liked the Kelce pick. He keeps his head on straight and we have a winner.

Kniles Davis - really? Bad pick. Period. Will be RB's in the sixth round who are better.

Two thirds of this draft gets an A...one thrid gets an F. Just glad the A is with the first two picks.

I agree with all that you said! Like the T, and TE, but as you indicated, a later round flier on a RB seemed more logical! Lets see what "diamonds" they uncover in the next few rounds, perhaps enough to make the entire draft more palatable?

Lex Luthor 04-27-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9635422)
It's amazing to me how terrible this offseason looks right now. The Alex Smith trade really set the tone. Some of the free agent moves were okay, but there's far too much that looks bad to counterbalance. This really does smell like 2009 all over again, but with a veteran head coach that's probably 7 years past his prime instead of a rookie head coach that's clearly over his head.

(I really want to like Andy Reid, he seems like a great guy, but it's just head-scratching move after head-scratching move)

Oh my God, let's fire him!

I was on the Geno bandwagon, but I'm willing to keep things in perspective. When guys like Kiper and McShay insisted that there are no elite quarterbacks in this draft, we called them ****ing idiots and ignored them. But guess what? Based upon the first 3 rounds of the draft, it sure looks like every GM in the NFL agrees: THERE ARE NO ELITE QUARTERBACKS IN THE DRAFT THIS YEAR.

Given that, the only choice Andy Reid had was to get the best free agent quarterback available. The Alex Smith haters on Chiefsplanet insist that Alex Smith is simply Matt Cassel Part Deux, but I find that hard to believe. Cassel elevated suckage to an art form. Alex Smith looked a helluva lot better the last two years than Cassel ever did.

The fact is that there weren't any Drew Brees type free agents out there. So Dorsey and Reid are putting together the best roster they can under the circumstances.

How about waiting before the new Chiefs actually hold a practice, play a game, or even play a full season before you declare Andy Reid to be 7 years past his prime and you give up on the Chiefs altogether? It's fine to be a fan and to examine and criticize what the team is doing, but there's a hell of a lot of people on this forum who aren't nearly as smart as they think they are.

Thank God we at least don't have to read all of the pillowbiter postings about the Chocolate Penii any more.

Lex Luthor 04-27-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9635510)
Chiefs will be in the bottom 1/3 of draft grades after it all shakes out.
....as usual.

Last year Seattle drafted Russell Wilson in the third round, and got their elite quarterback for the next 10 years, and made the playoffs.

This is how their draft was graded before any of their draftees played a down in the NFL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports Illustrated
Seattle Seahawks: Oh right, this is how Ingram made it to San Diego — the Seahawks went bonkers and picked Bruce Irvin at 15. Could he develop into a solid pass-rusher? Sure, but this was a spit take-inducing selection. LB Bobby Wagner (47) and RB Robert Turbin (106), both from Utah State, will help, and QB Russell Wilson (74) has a bright future, even if Seattle didn’t really need him. Everything else was … very … blah. Grade: C

http://nfl.si.com/2012/04/29/2012-nfl-draft-grades/

FFTOOLBOX gave the Seahawks a D-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFTOOLBOX
D- Seahawks
It is hard to look past Bruce Irvin at 15th overall. Irvin is one dimensional and while he does that one thing really well, it is not the more complete player teams hope to find in the 1st half of the 1st round. Seattle did little post-Irvin to make up for the blunder in the subsequent rounds.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...aft-grades.cfm

USA Today ranked the Seahawk's draft 26th out of the 32 teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA TODAY
26. Seattle Seahawks: GM John Schneider has made an early living mining gold in the mid-to-late rounds and free agency, and his choice of RB Robert Turbin in Round 4 looks like a score. Yet Schneider's first three picks — Round 1 DE Bruce Irvin, Round 2 LB Bobby Wagner and Round QB Russell Wilson — have exposed him to immediate criticism .

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...aft/54629536/1

The general consensus was that the Seahawks had a bad draft last year. That shows how much stock you should put in draft grades.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 9635704)
Don't see how you can judge without any of these guys playing a down in the league. ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9635790)
I'm so sick of this argument.

It's like me telling you that you should at least try to do your homework with a 32 book encyclopedia set before saying the internet is better...

No, it's not. There's nothing wrong with people grading the draft before the players play, as long as you understand that the grades are totally meaningless because they are simply pure opinion. Anyone who throws in the towel because they didn't like the draft is an idiot.

HemiEd 04-27-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9635966)
You are also making assumptions about his health and his desire to play for the Chiefs. The Chiefs don't seem to be cheap this year. IMO, they overpaid for Colquitt and Bowe. None of us know the true back story here.

Actually I do believe what I read from Albert himself. He is a VERY high character man.
I have watched his workout videos that he posted on FB. He has said publicly that he wants to be a Chief.
Is he over valuing himself? Probably, but those things can be worked out without the team fumbling the whole thing in the media.

Rasputin 04-27-2013 07:29 AM

LOL @ Chargers drafting Monte' Teo

threebag 04-27-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9635467)
I don't really like the Texans draft

I don't either mother****ers took Sam Montgomery.

mlyonsd 04-27-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9636394)
LOL @ Chargers drafting Monte' Teo

First order of business for them is finding Monte a real girlfriend so he can concentrate on football.

Al Bundy 04-27-2013 07:45 AM

Tampa should be third on that list, they drafted a much more goofy Chris Simms with zero ability.