ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

Frazod 09-17-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9988256)
Brimstone was great. John Glover as the devil? Sign me up.

I actually found a site where you can watch pretty much any old show like that, but it's horrible quality. IIRC I found the link through the IMDb page.

Baby Lee 09-17-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9988227)
I think the only Tim Burton film I've ever watched had Batman in it, so I would have no way of knowing that.

No Scissorhands? No Big Fish? No Beetlejuice?!?!? NO ED WOOD!!!

keg in kc 09-17-2013 06:04 PM

We could probably have a long thread on good shows fox cancelled. After Firefly and Brimstone and Terminator: TSCC, I'll name Lone Star. Which probably none of you remember, since it only lasted two weeks.

keg in kc 09-17-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9988270)
No Scissorhands? No Big Fish? No Beetlejuice?!?!? NO ED WOOD!!!

Oh, I did watch bettlejuice. Hated it.

Baby Lee 09-17-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9988275)
We could probably have a long thread on good shows fox cancelled. After Firefly and Brimstone and Terminator: TSCC, I'll name Lone Star. Which probably none of you remember, since it only lasted two weeks.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0oMTmtN7lHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-17-2013 06:24 PM

Good show.

Cheater5 09-17-2013 06:56 PM

Expected...no, wanted better writing. The Abby character sux, and Orlando Jones is being wasted as a characterization.. Kinda hoped the sherriff--Abby's partner (the 'Kurgan') was going to last longer. Seems like they're rushing it, and trying to turn this into a Buffy-type series.

007 09-17-2013 07:54 PM

This is the problem with pilots. The networks require them to get a setup of every character which forces writers to reveal too much in them. This is why what Kevin Spacey said a few weeks back regarding the subject of pilots and how they need to be dumped resonated so much. Take the leap on a show and go with it.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9988692)
This is the problem with pilots. The networks require them to get a setup of every character which forces writers to reveal too much in them. This is why what Kevin Spacey said a few weeks back regarding the subject of pilots and how they need to be dumped resonated so much. Take the leap on a show and go with it.

Networks spend about $250 million per year on pilots. Without them, the networks would be lost and have no clue what would work and what wouldn't.

And Kevin Spacey isn't a producer, nor does he run a network or studio.

007 09-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9988705)
Networks spend about $250 million per year on pilots. Without them, the networks would be lost and have no clue what would work and what wouldn't.

America **** yeah. That is insane. Yes, I'm being facetious.

Deberg_1990 09-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's time to break the paradigm? No one can deny that the cable networks and Netflix are kicking network TV butt when it comes to dramatic TV shows.

keg in kc 09-17-2013 08:05 PM

Wasn't Kevin Spacey heavily involved with Netflix's House of Cards? Maybe that has experience has something to do with his comments.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9988728)
America **** yeah. That is insane. Yes, I'm being facetious.

That's a combined number. But the cost of creating brand new program, from actors to sets to screenwriters, etc., is high.

Baby Lee 09-17-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Yeah, we just love how our entertainment prospects are decided by a corral of layabouts with clickers that focus group pilots into oblivion, giving the non-talented, non-creative $$-folk the backstop to note the talent to death, and then lock them on the sidelines with development deals for decades. Thanks.

Baby Lee 09-17-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9988763)
Wasn't Kevin Spacey heavily involved with Netflix's House of Cards? Maybe that has experience has something to do with his comments.

Yeah, he's speaking directly in response to his Netflix experience.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P0ukYf_xvgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>