ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Chiefsplanet Show and Tell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273492)

Canofbier 06-05-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9723533)
This is a Boba Fett costume, made from scratch. I sold it years ago. Model is my sister.

The model is your sister, but your sister's no model.

Simply Red 06-05-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9721682)
Show us something cool that you own. Preferably something kind of unusual.

My company collects magnets any time we go anywhere. Here's one wall of our kitchen where you can see them on the fridge, the door and window frames, and tracing across the ceiling. The ceiling line goes to the opposite wall where we have about the same number on some magnet boards. We have around 350 magnets on display now from tons of cities, about 30+ states, and over 20 foreign countries, and the collection continues to grow.

So what do you have? Show me something cool.

Initially I thought this was your house - once I kept reading I discovered this was your office in the OP & relief washed over me in an awesome wave.

tooge 06-05-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9730464)
I love the PTO on that thing. That would be super handy.

Yeah, it's pretty cool and actually works. I don't have any of the attachments for it though.

Rain Man 06-05-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9730491)
Initially I thought this was your house - once I kept reading I discovered this was your office in the OP & relief washed over me in an awesome wave.

Yeah, the magnets are at the office. Our collection at home is ceramic jungle creatures.

Phobia 06-05-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9730522)
Yeah, it's pretty cool and actually works. I don't have any of the attachments for it though.

The beauty of PTO is that virtually any farm implement should work on it.

tooge 06-05-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9730542)
The beauty of PTO is that virtually any farm implement should work on it.

Yeah, eventually I want a tiller and saw for sure

jspchief 06-05-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9721690)
Damn
It's in storage, but I have a piece of a space shuttle.
My dad worked for the GSA, and one of his buddies got it for him. Apparently (and I'm sure someone can confirm or bs this) these pieces fall off during launch.

Search YouTube for space shuttle thermal tile demonstration. They are amazing.

I'd link the vid but I'm on my phone.

Hydrae 06-05-2013 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this about 25 years ago in exchange for a small amount of drugs. I have never had it appraised or anything because I have been told that it is not legal for a non-Native American to have an artifact like this. One of the coolest things I have ever owned but not something I can generally share with the public.

It has been repaired at some point because the pieces are held together with thread. The rest is definitely genuine though, leather, silver (maybe pewter), turquoise, and the claws/talons.

If anyone can help me identify the claws and talons, that would be great. I am pretty sure from the far left is mountain lion, the next one is a talon of some kind (eagle perhaps?) that is in pretty bad shape, then wolf, and finally bear although it seems kind of small.

<a href="attachment.php?attachmentid=104550&amp;d=13704632646" rel="Lightbox_9731069" id="attachment104550" target="_blank">

<a href="attachment.php?attachmentid=104551&amp;d=13704632654" rel="Lightbox_9731069" id="attachment104551" target="_blank">

<a href="attachment.php?attachmentid=104552&amp;d=13704632663" rel="Lightbox_9731069" id="attachment104552" target="_blank">

tooge 06-05-2013 02:24 PM

might be a badger claw in there

seclark 06-05-2013 02:44 PM

think I've posted some of these before.

patteeu 06-05-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9731149)
think I've posted some of these before.

That arrow is pretty cool. What's the story behind it, if there is one?

seclark 06-05-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9731172)
That arrow is pretty cool. What's the story behind it, if there is one?

I found the point in one of the creeks around here. wife was in Oklahoma at some kind of native American craft show and this guy was making the arrows and his wife was setting them in frames. so she came home and stole the point from my box of goodies and sent it to him. he set it in the shaft and his wife framed it and sent it back to my wife. she gave it to me for Christmas. which I don't know if giving someone something that was already theirs is really a gift, but I sure like it. never knew it was gone.

I put my favorite piece in the casket w/my best friend/rock hunting buddy a couple years ago...blue-flint adena w/a quartz chip, right in the middle of it.
****it...it was somebody elses before I had it.

sec

patteeu 06-05-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9731192)
I found the point in one of the creeks around here. wife was in Oklahoma at some kind of native American craft show and this guy was making the arrows and his wife was setting them in frames. so she came home and stole the point from my box of goodies and sent it to him. he set it in the shaft and his wife framed it and sent it back to my wife. she gave it to me for Christmas. which I don't know if giving someone something that was already theirs is really a gift, but I sure like it. never knew it was gone.

I put my favorite piece in the casket w/my best friend/rock hunting buddy a couple years ago...blue-flint adena w/a quartz chip, right in the middle of it.
****it...it was somebody elses before I had it.

sec

That's a great gift idea and even more ingenious of Mrs. sec to give you your own stuff.

It sucks that you had to put anything into a friend's casket. :(

seclark 06-05-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9731197)
It sucks that you had to put anything into a friend's casket. :(

yep...he and I walked just about every creek, river and field in this part of the state. I've gone rock hunting twice since he died. hopefully, the grandsons will want to go when they get a little older and i'll start up again.

sec

Cheater5 06-05-2013 03:14 PM

Maybe this should go in a car thread

1 Attachment(s)
Not too many Defenders out and about anymore. This is a '94 that I've had for 15 years. And I have NO IDEA why the picture is upside down; operator head space and timing...