ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Tell me about your eyeballs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273604)

HemiEd 06-06-2013 12:10 PM

Blue, floater, distance correction and reading correction, color identification is degrading, other than that they are perfect.

FlaChief58 06-06-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9732966)
I have the little floaters and bubble thingies in my eyes too. I didnt realize they were so common.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uOcvmTLTtNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mikey23545 06-06-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9730865)
I wear glasses to read and for distance vision, but for some reason I prefer to take them off when I eat and when I use the computer.

We are obviously related.

Pepe Silvia 06-06-2013 04:43 PM

Shit Brown

cdcox 06-06-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9732817)
When I was in jr. high, I accidentally poked myself in the eyeball with an ice pick, while trying to get a knot out of a strap on my backpack. Blood was oozing out of the white part of my eyeball right under the iris. I had to go in for emergency surgery, and have internal and external stitches on my eye. Had to wear a patch for several months.

Kept my vision, by some crazy stroke of luck. Just a millimeter or so in a different location, and I would have lost my eye. I still have floaters and squigglies in my vision because of some fluid on my lens, but I consider myself fortunate. Depth perception FTW!

There is a coffee shop on campus that is run by a blind guy and his family. He is the nicest, most upbeat guy that you'll ever meet. I've been buying coffee and sandwiches from him for 20 years and never knew the story behind his blindness. Evidently, he had two independent accidents involving a knitting needle and a pencil within months of each other when he was under 7 years old. Holy crap.

KChiefer 06-06-2013 07:25 PM

I smoke a lot of weed so my eyes are red and my vision is clear. My eyebrows on the other hand need regular correction which they don't receive, because I smoke a lot of weed.

Rain Man 06-06-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9734267)
There is a coffee shop on campus that is run by a blind guy and his family. He is the nicest, most upbeat guy that you'll ever meet. I've been buying coffee and sandwiches from him for 20 years and never knew the story behind his blindness. Evidently, he had two independent accidents involving a knitting needle and a pencil within months of each other when he was under 7 years old. Holy crap.

I will echo your last sentence. That's almost unimaginable.

KCrockaholic 06-07-2013 02:17 AM

The one thing I really have going for me is my perfect vision. Not 20/20 vision. But more like 20/10.

TinyEvel 06-07-2013 08:52 AM

I had serious "coke bottle" glasses my whole young life. Started wearing contact lenses when I was 14. That was when "permalens" contacts came out. You could wear them for two weeks, sleep in them, just had to put eye drops in your eyes when you woke up. Being a teenager, I was lazy, so I think I must have worn them for up to six weeks before taking them out to clean them. Then all the news reports came out that sleeping in contact lenses could seriously damage your eyes. So I kept it up.

When I was 30 and had a baby. Any time the baby cried at night it took me about 8 extra seconds to find my coke bottle glasses at the bedstand. I thought "What if there's an earthquake? I'd be useless"
So I got Lasik.

My vision is 20-35. Pretty good considering I was basically legally blind before.

I just bought glasses to get back to 20-20. Hipster glasses as you guys would call them.

Fish 06-07-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9734267)

JFC... What's the odds of that? I would be so angry with life......

Otter 06-10-2013 08:28 PM

I haven't logged on for a couple weeks just because I've been as busy as a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest but this popped up as "latest poll" before I even hit the forums and I would have bet good money it was a Rain Man.