ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274326)

Otter 07-06-2013 10:47 PM

WOW!

kcxiv 07-06-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9796026)
I'm not a fan of either one. The post fight interview just gave off a very weird vibe, that's undeniable.

Yep, i got that too and i quickly went to, i think he lost the desire to fight and that had nothing to do with him being knocked out like that!

I just never seen someone say, naw i dont want a rematch after the first fight. Maybe after 2-3 fights, but NEVER EVER the first defeat.'

Just as i thought, Even Rogan just said, he got to the point where he didnt want to do it anymore.

BigCatDaddy 07-06-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9796026)
I'm not a fan of either one. The post fight interview just gave off a very weird vibe, that's undeniable.

Maybe some pressure off but he didn't throw that fight. His eyes rolled and knees buckled.

Stanley Nickels 07-06-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9796031)
Maybe some pressure off but he didn't throw that fight. His eyes rolled and knees buckled.

I think the argument is, he put himself in the position to be knocked out.

And, when you think about it that way, you realize how absurd that argument is. It's against human nature to simply allow yourself to get knocked out. Was he moronically lax in his approach? Certainly. But you can't push your chin into a fist... just doesn't happen.

BigCatDaddy 07-06-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9796029)
Yep, i got that too and i quickly went to, i think he lost the desire to fight and that had nothing to do with him being knocked out like that!

I just never seen someone say, naw i dont want a rematch after the first fight. Maybe after 2-3 fights, but NEVER EVER the first defeat.'

Just as i thought, Even Rogan just said, he got to the point where he didnt want to do it anymore.

These guys always talk about quitting after a big loss. There will be a rematch in 4 months. Watch.

rico 07-06-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9796036)

And, when you think about it that way, you realize how absurd that argument is. It's against human nature to simply allow yourself to get knocked out. Was he moronically lax in his approach? Certainly. But you can't push your chin into a fist... just doesn't happen.

He was beaten by someone who is better than him.

BigCatDaddy 07-06-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9796036)

If he didn't put himseld in thay position in all of his fights I might listen. Same shit he always pulls this rome he just got caught on the button.

rico 07-06-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9796031)

Yup, undeniable...he was rocked.

kcxiv 07-06-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9796037)
These guys always talk about quitting after a big loss. There will be a rematch in 4 months. Watch.

who? i been watching combat sports since i was a kid in the early 80's. I never seen it in boxing only after someone got defeated twice. NEver the first time like that. EVER.

Not from someone that was a Legend. NEVEr.

Not saying he didnt get rocked, he did, but i dont think he gave it anything close to his all.

jd1020 07-06-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9796045)
who? i been watching combat sports since i was a kid in the early 80's. I never seen it in boxing only after someone got defeated twice. NEver the first time like that. EVER.

Not from someone that was a Legend. NEVEr.

Not saying he didnt get rocked, he did, but i dont think he gave it anything close to his all.

Silva never gives it his all... dont you get it?

He fought this fight the same way he's fought every other fight and he lost. Move on.

Bwana 07-06-2013 11:02 PM

Drop

https://plus.google.com/107531526020...ts/Q7nYsDbTkLf

Pants 07-06-2013 11:11 PM

I knew I should I have put money down on Weidman. Dude is the next great champion. At first I was really questioning his decision not to keep taking Anderson down, but it's obvious he knew that Silva was going to keep taunting him and it was a matter of time before he caught him.

And no offense to anyone, I love all you guys, but Silva most certainly was not trying to throw the fight. That's a really stupid thing to say.

People don't throw fights by letting the other guy knock them the **** out, they throw fights by letting themselves get submitted and then tapping. If Silva was going to throw the fight, he had the perfect opportunity when Weidman was going for that ankle lock which transitioned to a knee bar in the 1st.

Silva was playing the classic sore loser tactic by acting like losing to Weidman was no big deal and he didn't really care and he doesn't even want a rematch. You don't become the greatest MMA champion of all time with that type of mindset.

All in all, this was a great ****ing card to watch.

Stanley Nickels 07-06-2013 11:11 PM

This will be down in T-minus ten minutes, but here's the original call. Look at the insanity of the last couple seconds..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-fpkKyI3YdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 07-06-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796047)
Silva never gives it his all... dont you get it?

He fought this fight the same way he's fought every other fight and he lost. Move on.

I seen him do stupid shit, but then get serious about it, but this time it seemed like he was overdoing it a bit, then everyone saying, this is what he does!

That interview after words just left me like huh? what? lol

rico 07-06-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9796056)
I knew I should I have put money down on Weidman. Dude is the next great champion. At first I was really questioning his decision not to keep taking Anderson down, but it's obvious he knew that Silva was going to keep taunting him and it was a matter of time before he caught him.

And no offense to anyone, I love you all guys, but Silva most certainly was not trying to throw the fight. That's a really stupid thing to say.

People don't throw fights by letting the other guy knock them the **** out, they throw fights by letting themselves get submitted and tapping. If Silva was going to throw the fight, he had the perfect opportunity when Weidman was going for that ankle lock which transitioned to a knee bar in the 1st.

Silva was playing the classic sore loser tactic by acting like losing to Weidman was no big deal and he didn't really care and he doesn't even want a rematch. You don't become the greatest MMA champion of all time with type of mindset.

All in all, this was a great ****ing card to watch.

THIS!