ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I won my secret internal battle. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274420)

bogey 07-10-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9803520)
I wish you the best of luck; having alcoholics in the family, I can tell you it is a bitch.

Thank you sir. Yep, my family has generations of folks with very addictive personalities.

Fish 07-10-2013 02:43 PM

I have a drinking problem, but I'm able to control it enough that I've never felt like doing anything about it. Good for you for taking that step and addressing it. Especially if it was causing problems with the family. I hope you stick with it. Best of luck.

bogey 07-10-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9803546)
I have a drinking problem, but I'm able to control it enough that I've never felt like doing anything about it. Good for you for taking that step and addressing it. Especially if it was causing problems with the family. I hope you stick with it. Best of luck.

Thank you. Yes, my two most important reasons for quitting are family and health.

teedubya 07-10-2013 02:56 PM

Maybe this will inspire me to stop banging hot Korean hookers? LOL

houstonwhodat 07-10-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9803190)
wow! good luck man.

I too quit drinking on July 8th! I'm on a cleansing thing with my wife and it requires no alcohol for 24 days. I don't know if I can do it. I don't think I'm an alchy...but damn man....24 days! and you are going for life. I salute you dude!

as others have stated....I almost never have 1 or 3...UNLESS they are of very high ABV. to me it seem a waste of calories if you ain't gonna get that little buzz. and really....why do you drink? for the buzz...right? so I'm an all or nothing. gimmee 0 or gimme 6.

24 days. I don't know man. I like me some beer. **** I don't do drugs (anymore :D)...so can't a brutha get some booze buzz every once in a while?

man I'm tripping on 24 days....you're gong for life.....maybe I DO have a problem....

How are you cleansing?

BigRedChief 07-10-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 9803206)
I am convinced that I am an alcoholic. My Grandmother was, my Mother is, my brother is, a couple of my cousins are. It's gotta be all or nothing for me.

My Dad was an alcholic. Drank a case of beer a day for 25+ years. I drank like a fish for 10 years. I stopped getting drunk all the time. Drink when I want to drink. Don't get drunk now. I don't understand this one drink and your a drunk again all the time.

BigRedChief 07-10-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9803567)
Maybe this will inspire me to stop banging hot Korean hookers? LOL

You need to save your money for housing in California anyway.

Brock 07-10-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9803846)
My Dad was an alcholic. Drank a case of beer a day for 25+ years. I drank like a fish for 10 years. I stopped getting drunk all the time. Drink when I want to drink. Don't get drunk now. I don't understand this one drink and your a drunk again all the time.

What? A subject you're not an expert in?

bogey 07-10-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9803846)

I'm just speaking for myself. I'm not very good at disciplining myself. I need to stop completely or I won't be able to have control. Goofy as that sounds.

Psyko Tek 07-10-2013 05:24 PM

some how I read that as secretly internet battle

was hoping for a styore of humiliation and cold, cold revenge served up onna message board

but congrats anyway, great accomplishments

Deberg_1990 07-10-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9803546)

Is it a problem if your able to control it?

bogey 07-10-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9803864)
some how I read that as secretly internet battle

was hoping for a styore of humiliation and cold, cold revenge served up onna message board

but congrats anyway, great accomplishments

Ha! No I look at this demon face to face in the every morning.

Phobia 07-10-2013 05:27 PM

Congrats. Very impressive. I've never struggled with drinking. I used to play softball completely sober. I couldn't understand how people could compete while drinking. Then I got on a team of drinkers and I'm finding that I drink heavily when I go to the park even when I play with other teams. I need to remedy this before it becomes a problem.

Brock 07-10-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9803870)

Why would a non-problem need controlled?

Fish 07-10-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9803870)

Yes. When control necessitates avoiding certain situations because of it. I'm limiting what I do because some things I can't do without overdoing it.