ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Worst to First? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274496)

Sandy Vagina 07-13-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9808900)
If Alex Smith continues to improve from where he left off at SF, and maybe adds a little bit of distance in his passing game, then we can most certainly challenge Denver for the division title or perhaps a WC spot.

But honestly I don't expect that. I expect for us to be much better offensively because Smith will have all the tools in the world to play/benefit with and the only way is to go up considering how ****ing terrible we were esp in the passing game. But he's never been a stud QB that makes others better. He's a game managing QB who doesn't take chances downfield. But he will have a good solid Oline, superstar runningback, a pro-bowl caliber WR in Bowe, plus a couple other former first round WR picks that have talent, but haven't reached full potential, and a rookie TE that seems like he can make a little noise this season. Not sure if Moeaki even makes the team. If he's fully healthy and does, great! - We'll have a double TE set that can create matchup problems and is also something AS exceeds at.

With the new coaches, I think this season will be an adjustment period as everyone gets a feel for eachother, it will just look a lot better because Reid's a much better coach and brings a lot more to the table than Haley or Crennel. But this season? Anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 and at best we sneak into a WC spot. It's next season 2014 is when I think we can knock Denver off for division champ, get a 1-2 seed in the playoffs w/ HF advantage and will make a deep run, hopefully a SB. Also next season we draft a QB in the first rd and don't pay AS until the season's end, if he's worth being resigned.

Good post. I believe Alex is a little better than you think, but still, at least you are not crying or jumping off a cliff already.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-13-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9808666)
Manning's arm was a noodle by the end of the season and they had the best/most winnable schedule in the NFL last year.

And I'd like to know who, other than Von Miller, is going to show up on their defense.

Denver doesn't have a very sexy roster and the only reason people think that they are going to amount to jack squat is the Peyton Manning they remember three/four years ago prior to the neck injuries/surgeries. He ain't that guy anymore.

Applaud this man. I said it before the Ravens game. They had a losing record against quality opponents. Hilarious how that soft bitch team and QB were going to waltz over the battle tested Ravens...still funny LMAOLMAO

BlackHelicopters 07-13-2013 01:59 PM

Peter King approves this thread.

Mav 07-13-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9808806)
Name any 3-4 defense that has more than 3 pro bowlers at LB.

I'll wait...

the 49ers had 3....

the chiefs had three. considering that your other middle linebacker isn't known, and ahmad brooks is damn good. 49ers lbs > chiefs.

Mav 07-13-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9808817)
Aldon Smith is nothing without Justin Smith. He got his ass raped and exposed when Justin Smith got hurt last year.

that's a fallacy. Aldon Smith, himself was hurt. His shoulder was so messed up. He had surgery on it. Of course having J smith hurt doesn't help, but our front 7 was pretty darn banged up at the end of the season.

BlackHelicopters 07-13-2013 02:07 PM

PM finally gets arrested in public park. Chiefs win the division.

Imon Yourside 07-13-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9808764)
You're talking about the defense that finished #2 last season? The defense that was better than the 49ers against the run and the pass?

That defense?

You played the Cassel lead Chiefs twice and one of the easiest schedules in football. Welcome to next year.

Mile High Mania 07-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9809136)
You played the Cassel lead Chiefs twice and one of the easiest schedules in football. Welcome to next year.

:LOL:

Geez, we'll, you can tell the season is getting closer.

O.city 07-13-2013 02:38 PM

It depends how the year goes early. If we play ok early and can stay in the hunt, IIRC, we have the Broncos late both times.

If Arrowhead could be what it was, for that home game in December, we could beat them at home.

Discuss Thrower 07-13-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9809169)
It depends how the year goes early. If we play ok early and can stay in the hunt, IIRC, we have the Broncos late both times.

If Arrowhead could be what it was, for that home game in December, we could beat them at home.

KC's most likely playoff scenario hinges on winning at least 10 games and hoping that no Wild Cards come out of the North and East divisions. There are scenarios where KC can go 9-7 while getting swept by Denver but that requires a lot of losing from good teams.

Arrowhead's magic is gone to the point I don't think they can beat a PM lead Donk team so thr wins have to come from elsewhere..

BlackHelicopters 07-13-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9809238)
KC's most likely playoff scenario hinges on winning at least 10 games and hoping that no Wild Cards come out of the North and East divisions. There are scenarios where KC can go 9-7 while getting swept by Denver but that requires a lot of losing from good teams.

Arrowhead's magic is gone to the point I don't think they can beat a PM lead Donk team so thr wins have to come from elsewhere..

PM can't beat us from prison. We sweep the Donks.

TEX 07-13-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9809136)

The Cheating Donx STILL have one of the easiest schedules in football...

O.city 07-13-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9809238)

I think the north will be down this year, I actually think the Bengals will win that division. I don't think the Steelers got any better and I'm just not sure about the Ravens.

The South is somewhat the same story. The Titans and jags are potential top 5 picking teams.

So it just depends. I think 10 wins is the number though.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-13-2013 07:57 PM

Losing record against quality opponents. No one fears Denver but scrubs.

MagicHef 07-13-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9809792)
Losing record against quality opponents. No one fears Houston, Green Bay or Baltimore but scrubs.

FYP