ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Whitlock with a good article on the Riley Cooper situation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275008)

DaneMcCloud 08-02-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9853281)
Devil's advocate on this, but if he's too ****ing dumb to not keep his mouth shut as a high profile person, then he's too ****ing dumb to be playing professional football.

:facepalm:

Halfcan 08-02-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9853133)
I love how Darren Sharper said he couldn't be on the team with the guy. Really? So, you mean to tell me he was on teams that never used derogatory language towards anyone?? Riiiighhhttt....

I love how high and mighty these people (in media and NFL) who are offended are. If you are offended by that kind of language from boys in the locker room, then you are in the wrong profession.

I also love how the Eagles are going to send him to 'pray the racist away" camp. Sensitivity training??? LMAO. So are they doing that for every player who says '****er" or 'Cracker" or "pillowbitergot". Every player in tROFLhe league would be 'Sensitivity training".

Those players need to realize they **** up and say stupid racist, bigoted shit too, just like he did, and to give him some slack.

Darren Sharper was on the Internet minding his own business- looking up Christian sites and then BAM- he comes onto this video with the N word? :hmmm:

Or did he hear about it and just Knowing that the N word was used - was so Offended he just can't take it? He has Never used that word or Ever heard it before? All his friends, team mates and nobody he knows has never said it? :hmmm:

I feel better knowing the Darren Sharpton's in this world are here to protect us-lol

I can't wait until Obama steps in and files Federal Charges for violating the security guards Civil Rights. Maybe 20 years in Leavenworth having his mouth washed out with soap will do Coop some good.

ToxSocks 08-02-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9853271)
That's another interesting thing - you have guys that have slapped women around, guys with multiple felonies, there's been guys that have killed people in DUIs and a host of other stuff, and they stay on rosters. But apparently being racist is worse. You hear people say he should basically lose his job.

Riley Cooper isn't even a racist. I find it hard to believe that a guy who plays in a sport dominated by black men is a racist.

He got drunk and said something stupid out of anger. That's it. Nothing more.

ToxSocks 08-02-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9853281)
Devil's advocate on this, but if he's too ****ing dumb to not keep his mouth shut as a high profile person, then he's too ****ing dumb to be playing professional football.

Not sure if serious.

Marcellus 08-02-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9853288)
Riley Cooper isn't even a racist. I find it hard to believe that a guy who plays in a sport dominated by black men is a racist.

He got drunk and said something stupid out of anger. That's it. Nothing more.

That's entirely too simple and is not a news story though.

Halfcan 08-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9853271)
That's another interesting thing - you have guys that have slapped women around, guys with multiple felonies, there's been guys that have killed people in DUIs and a host of other stuff, and they stay on rosters. But apparently being racist is worse. You hear people say he should basically lose his job.

Excellent point considering there have been more offseason arrest in the NFL this year then ever before.

:thumb:

Ace Gunner 08-02-2013 02:22 PM

alcohol = superman drug

Tombstone RJ 08-02-2013 02:23 PM

I liked Whitlock's article up and to the point where he equates sexual preferance with race. You can't choose your race. You can absolutely choose who and how you have sex.

ThatRaceCardGuy 08-02-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9852650)
Defintely not what I expected. I considered that between Jemele Hill, and Whitlock, they would of been painting this guy as the Anti Christ.

Impressive article, is impressive JWhit. Myself, a Caucasian who grew up in the hood in North Carolina, who spent many days running home from the bus stop because I was white, especially during the Rodney King riots, I have very little understanding of this. One day when playing pick up football in my neighborhood, after being called a cracker, honky, whitey all day long, laid out a guy on a pass play, and said something to the affect of, "keep your black ass down." 7 boys none white, beat my ass down. After all day of being called every white derogatory name in the book, I was stunned by this, and then I realized that race, and using anything racial just isn't called for under any circumstance.

I fought in two deployments, with Mexicans, Whites, Blacks, Hmongs, Asians, and honestly, race doesn't bother me.

What does bother me though, is late at night, when I am watching tv, and I see an add for blackpeople.com

Can you imagine a web site if it was called White people.com? Could you imagine the BACKLASH that would cause? The god father of my son, and my best friend is black, the first girl I ever had sex with, black, I have dated Mexican, white, black, Asian, and I have made derogatory remarks towards a person and included a racial tone to it. I have used derogatory remarks, all the time on COD, it slips out like a second language. "you are such a f##," on more than one occasion.

Im not homophobic, as most of the time, with my group that I run with, we have a gay guy on our team. Doesn't bother me. just something to say.

One time when Vince Carter was playing against the Timberwolves, and Wally Szerbiack (sp) was guarding him. Vince looked at the Timberwolves bench, and said, "If you leave this white boy on me, ill score 40." Its all unneeded bullshit. And I hate it. I hate it that we hold on to these racial tensions relentlessly, and make national stories out of this.

On twitter yesterday, I said in Jest, "when are the pounceys gonna be seen with their Free Riley Cooper hats."

There are people, who actually would defend Aaron Hernandez, but we crucify a racial slur as if it was murder. We as a society, need to get our priorities in order.

8 agree with everything you said except the black website stuff..but good post and spot on.

DaneMcCloud 08-02-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9853310)
I liked Whitlock's article up and to the point where he equates sexual preferance with race. You can't choose your race. You can absolutely choose who and how you have sex.

How many lesbians have you banged?

TEX 08-02-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9853257)
I don't condone the use of that word, ever, but this shit has completely gotten out of hand.

Michael Vick killed dogs. Donte Stallworth killed a human being. Both played in the NFL afterward and neither were a distraction in the locker room.

Killers. Felons. Not a distraction.

But a drunk guy says the "N" word and he's on the verge of losing his job, forever, because he's now labeled a "distraction"? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

:rolleyes:

Riley's biggest mistake was saying "n****r" instead of "n***a". If he had said "n***a", it would have all been "okay", which makes this situation absolutely absurd.

Great take Dane - this racial sensitivity stuff is way out of hand these days especially if it's preceived white on black racism.

ToxSocks 08-02-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9853331)
8 agree with everything you said except the black website stuff..but good post and spot on.

What did he say that was wrong with the black website stuff? It's true.

Same goes for T.V. Totally acceptable for there to be a "BET", but imagine if some network tried to make a "WET"....all ****ing hell would break loose.

"White Entertainment Television? They only focus on white artists and white current events? RACIST"

ToxSocks 08-02-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9853336)
How many lesbians have you banged?

Do bisexuals count?

DaneMcCloud 08-02-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9853346)
Do bisexuals count?

Nope. :D

Marcellus 08-02-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9853344)
What did he say that was wrong with the black website stuff? It's true.

Same goes for T.V. Totally acceptable for there to be a "BET", but imagine if some network tried to make a "WET"....all ****ing hell would break loose.

"White Entertainment Television? They only focus on white artists and white current events? RACIST"

They already have White Entertainment television, its called CMT.