ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Sporting Park beats arrowhead. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275381)

jspchief 08-17-2013 04:51 PM

I played soccer all the way through high school.

I still don't understand it's appeal as a spectator sport.

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9894506)
I challenge you to name a sport that requires more skill...

Basketball, baseball, tennis, lacrosse, gymnastics, wrestling. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more.

mr. tegu 08-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9893654)
Are you really so dense as to suggest this?

You are free to explain how soccer requires more creative than football. I will wait.

aturnis 08-17-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9894900)
Basketball, baseball, tennis, lacrosse, gymnastics, wrestling. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Gymnastics and wrestling might have an argument. Baseball? ROFL Baseball takes little skill.

ChiefsCountry 08-17-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9895360)
Gymnastics and wrestling might have an argument. Baseball? ROFL Baseball takes little skill.

Hitting a pitch is one of the hardest things in sports.

aturnis 08-17-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9894961)
You are free to explain how soccer requires more creative than football. I will wait.

Well feel free to explain any sort of individual creativity in football outside of jukes and spin moves.

In football you work within a system. You have an assignment. You execute that assignment. The only person in the field able to be creative is the guy who has the ball in his hands at any given time.

Of mainstream sports in America, the only one with an abundance of creativity Is basketball.

aturnis 08-17-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9895376)
Hitting a pitch is one of the hardest things in sports.

Ok. Never been impressed.

Chief Roundup 08-17-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9894506)
I challenge you to name a sport that requires more skill...

Golf.

Chief Roundup 08-17-2013 08:10 PM

Nothing in KC will ever be better than Arrowhead. **** soccer. Go back to Europe

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9895360)

Fair enough, that is your opinion. What, in your opinion, is so skillful about soccer.

Titty Meat 08-17-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9894718)
The link between homosexuality and soccer is so strange. It is a pervasive association, and people end up refusing to see any merits in the game because their own hatred of homosexuality gets in the way. They lash out at anyone that even reminds them of the existence of soccer, as if mentioning soccer is equivalent to a guy hitting on them at a bar. It is plainly obvious from posts like this that soccer makes some men feel afraid that it will turn them gay, or at least that others will perceive them as gay.

It's pretty much the stupidest shit in the world, this ****ed-up mindset, but it is psychologically interesting.

I just watched a soccer game now I wanna suck your cawk

BillSelfsTrophycase 08-17-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9895523)
Ok. Never been impressed.

Face down a 95 mph fastball without shitting your pants let alone hitting it Then get back to us

Brock 08-17-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9894457)
Soccer is like Bowling.

It doesn't require any real skill.

Ha ha what

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9895803)
Fair enough, that is your opinion. What, in your opinion, is so skillful about soccer.

Well. Hitting a baseball is more about reflexes. So like athletic ability, it's not a skill. Is an attribute you're born with. It can be honed, and improved, but the ceiling isn't much higher than what you're born with.

Soccer skills are developed over time. It's like playing guitar, it takes way more commitment and time than anyone will ever see.

Thing about soccer is, more people play it than any sort in the world. Do the amount of work you need to put in to succeed is amazing. Most start as soon as they can walk. I also don't think most understand how skilled the average foreign schoolboy is in a soccer rich country. To become a pro in the global stage takes a lot. To become a star even more.

The things a skilled soccer player can do with his feet, are amazing. Especially considering what little American sports stars can do with Inge in their hands.

They are manipulating an object with ridiculous precision. As accurate, if not moreso, as a QB, but with their feet. Bending the ball in the air more dramatically than most curveballs, with their foot. More control and speed/agility than a basketball player, with their feet, which they happened to be using to run on also.

Then of course all of the geometry and physics involved. Angles, centrifugal force, yada yada. When they make their decision as to proper angle and centrifugal force (of any is needed), them you transferring your choice to the ball with kinetic energy, you don't get to hold it, it's momentary contact, so you have to be precise.

Most American sports are richer on athletic ability than they are skill, and require practice and training, but not on the level of soccer.

Soccer is a way of life, most sports say that, but most don't have near the right to say it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wa9fGGbSefc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase (Post 9895985)
Face down a 95 mph fastball without shitting your pants let alone hitting it Then get back to us

ROFL