ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Murder or Castle Doctrine? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275863)

listopencil 09-04-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9937771)
Castle Doctrine....as opposed to the Cassel Doctrine, in which goofy dudes pick up rocks and throw them, but overthrow the target by 10 feet every time.

When I saw the thread title I assumed that Rain Man was referring to the fact that even though they attempted to pelt the homeowner with rocks, none of them threw accurately enough, far enough, or with great enough force to injure him. Or perhaps they just folded under the pressure of the pistol formation.

Iowanian 09-04-2013 02:32 PM

I'm all for property rights for the land owner, but you can't shoot someone for taking a piss.

The behavior of too many floaters is ruining it for most, especially families. We used to go every year as a kid, but I'm not interested in subjecting my kids to the behavior on those rivers the past several years.

Earthling 09-04-2013 02:34 PM

In a way the rafters might have been lucky. I mean Crocker could have grabbed his brother-in-law, followed them for a ways, and made a couple of them squeal like a pig...

Dayze 09-04-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9937768)
u
g
l
y
you aint got no alibi
you ugly, uh uh you ugly

Wildcats Rep

Radar Chief 09-04-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9937951)
The property issue is actually interesting too...

Here's my (very basic) take on it...

You would be better off NOT owning to the middle of the river...for it doesnt do you any good other than placing you at a greater risk of liability and need of insurance.

You cant build or control anything in the middle of the river anyway, because of the easement laws, so "owning" to the middle of the river is basically meaningless......Unless I am not thinking of something...like maybe if the river dries up? I dunno....but just looking at the river itself, theres almost no reason to 'want' to be the owner of the middle of the river in my mind.

I know this is a total tangent, but my mind wanders....

LOL

Oh I agree. In my experience it’s just an excuse for grouchy old assholes to act like an asshole, which I assume gives them some weird pleasure.

Radar Chief 09-04-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9937953)
Yeah, but does that mean there is right to exclude all use of the water flowing through? I don't think so. I can't recall the term, but it is similar to an easement, where the pubic can't be excluded from utilizing the water flowing through.

I was once shot at while float fishing on the Neosho river for this very reason. When I complained to police I was told that I should stay away from that guys section of the river in the future.

tooge 09-04-2013 02:39 PM

Like I said, in 30 years of floating several of the rivers of Missouri, including the Meremac, I've only been aproached by a landowner once, and the guy was totally cool because we were just standing there fishing. Often times, the floaters have very loud music, are swearing like sailors, and are drunk as shit. I'm not saying what the guy did was right, but I'm sort of surprised it took this long for it to happen.

Dayze 09-04-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9937743)

A 2012 Texas A&M University study found that homicides ruled justifiable rose by 8 percent in states with "stand-your-ground laws.

:doh!: well, duh. I'm not saying the guy in case was in the right, but I'm sure the rise in homicides was due to scumbags being in a place where they shouldn't have been, or were intentionally aggressive towards the person with the firearm.

Dayze 09-04-2013 02:41 PM

if it were on the Niangua, it would've been categorized as a Walk Trip, seeing how the water is an inch deep

Rain Man 09-04-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9938018)
I was once shot at while float fishing on the Neosho river for this very reason. When I complained to police I was told that I should stay away from that guys section of the river in the future.

"That guy shot me in three places."

"Well, don't go back to those places next time."

threebag 09-04-2013 02:52 PM

Fry this ****er

Radar Chief 09-04-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9938048)
"That guy shot me in three places."

"Well, don't go back to those places next time."

37* 43.153’N
95* 27.345’W

Just FYI. ;)

Easy 6 09-04-2013 02:55 PM

Dude was only on his third beer during a canoe trip? that's a lie.

Back to reading...

saphojunkie 09-04-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9937775)
I've learned not to believe shit I read in the paper or see on the news at this point.

Yeah I bet there isn't even a river to "canoe" on.

Buncha bullshit.

Radar Chief 09-04-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9938006)
I'm all for property rights for the land owner, but you can't shoot someone for taking a piss.

The behavior of too many floaters is ruining it for most, especially families. We used to go every year as a kid, but I'm not interested in subjecting my kids to the behavior on those rivers the past several years.

Last time we floated the Elk River near Noel, MO they were trying to clean that up, handing out hefty fines for drug use, exposing yourself.