ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Watching Kids (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276417)

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savchief (Post 9993704)
I'll be 52 in 2 months, my first child, a son, is 6 days old. They keep you young right? Right? Crap, I'm so screwed.

I've got a friend that's 53 who has a five year old and a one year old. I suppose it helps that his wife is 36 but he's loving it.

Enjoy!

It goes by way too fast.

jerryforeverrice80 09-19-2013 02:30 PM

sounds like a normal day in my household.

Prison Bitch 09-19-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9993740)
I've got a friend that's 53 who has a five year old and a one year old. I suppose it helps that his wife is 36 but he's loving it.

No he's not. He's just telling you that so you won't think less of him. He thinks that by lying about how wonderful little children are, you'll think he's a better person.

Men aren't wired to love and hug and cuddle small children or live in their imaginations or rock them to sleep. Women are. Men are built to explore and work and create things in the real world. Any man who pretends he loves spending time with little kids should immediately raise suspicion he's either lying, or a perv.

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9993779)
No he's not. He's just telling you that so you won't think less of him. He thinks that by lying about how wonderful little children are, you'll think he's a better person.

Men aren't wired to love and hug and cuddle small children or live in their imaginations or rock them to sleep. Women are. Men are built to explore and work and create things in the real world. Any man who pretends he loves spending time with little kids should immediately raise suspicion he's either lying, or a perv.

Good grief, you're a miserable human being.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

You were raised in solitary confinement by robots weren’t you?

Frosty 09-19-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

I'll have to admit that I have always been uncomfortable around little kids, even my own. However, this is over the top,

Prison Bitch 09-19-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9993784)
Good grief, you're a miserable human being.

But honest.

Fish 09-19-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Your parenting ideas are even more hilarious than your political ones....

You'd make a nice case study.

Prison Bitch 09-19-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9993798)
I'll have to admit that I have always been uncomfortable around little kids, even my own. However, this is over the top,

What part? I mean, I've never seen any daycare worker or elementary school teacher or Sunday school helper or whatever who wasn't a woman. Not one. Maybe my kids just never encountered them just as I didn't as a child. On the flip I've yet to see a female construction worker, roofer, deck builder, or car repair person. It's so weird you'd think they'd be everywhere.

ToxSocks 09-19-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9993821)
What part? I mean, I've never seen any daycare worker or elementary school teacher or Sunday school helper or whatever who wasn't a woman. Not one. Maybe my kids just never encountered them just as I didn't as a child. On the flip I've yet to see a female construction worker, roofer, deck builder, or car repair person. It's so weird you'd think they'd be everywhere.

I think you need to get out more.

I agree with Frosty though, im not a natural with kids either. I'm not really good at fake socializing though either.

Faking amusement/conversation for someone else has never been my strong suit, so when i have to engage in a conversation with a 5 year old that isn't mine....it's a little rough for me to say the least. I try though. I was an only child that was never around kids younger than myself, so at least i have somewhat of an excuse lol.

Frosty 09-19-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9993835)
Faking amusement/conversation for someone else has never been my strong suit, so when i have to engage in a conversation with a 5 year old that isn't mine....it's a little rough for me to say the least. I try though. I was an only child that was never around kids younger than myself, so at least i have somewhat of an excuse lol.

Very much this. All of my kids' friends were scared of me because I didn't talk when they were around. LMAO

Prison Bitch 09-19-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9993835)
I think you need to get out more.

I agree with Frosty though, im not a natural with kids either. I'm not really good at fake socializing though either.

So I need to get out more. To meet folks like you who basically agreed with my general premise anyway. Sweet.

Halfcan 09-19-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

You must not have kids. Nothing beats watching them grow up, tucking them in and rocking them to sleep. Just the fact that you say a guy has to be a perv to show their kids affection says you are deeply disturbed and have no clue what it takes to be a Real Father. :doh!:

ToxSocks 09-19-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9993856)
So I need to get out more. To meet folks like you who basically agreed with my general premise anyway. Sweet.

I said you need to get out more because there are plenty of women in construction and plenty of men teaching grade skill. My son's first teacher was a male.

Bugeater 09-19-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Not sure what you mean by this. Other people's kids...yeah...that is a bit weird. But I did enjoy spending time with my son before he became a creepy teenager.