ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Possible to wire a bathroom exhaust fan to a ceiling light? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276660)

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-25-2013 04:24 PM

If I could get my old lady to get in the closet for a smoke. I'd throw a padlock on the door and move the **** away leaving a for sale by owner sign in the window .

Bugeater 09-25-2013 04:32 PM

I have seen plenty of exhaust fans that are simply vented into the attic. Not sayin' it's the right or wrong thing to do, just sayin' that a lot of builders seem do it that way.

And I too, like others, have doubts that this would be an effective solution. So here are my thoughts on the matter:

1. If it's a girlfriend/wife, just let her smoke in the house. Lord know she's putting up with your shit so you may as well put up with hers.

2. If it's a roommate, tell them to GTFO and go find someplace of her own where she can smoke indoors all she wants. Smokers and non-smokers will never comfortably co-exist.

ChiefGator 09-25-2013 04:55 PM

If she was IN the attic when she smoked, you wouldn't need exhaust fans! Problem solved!

MTG#10 09-25-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10019205)

1. If it's a girlfriend/wife, just let her smoke in the house. Lord know she's putting up with your shit so you may as well put up with hers.

I have kids at home, dont want them breathing that shit. Based on the replies I'm doubting this will be very effective though. Kind of glad, this is starting to sound like more trouble than its worth.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-25-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10019277)
I have kids at home, dont want them breathing that shit. Based on the replies I'm doubting this will be very effective though. Kind of glad, this is starting to sound like more trouble than its worth.

Dude, installing an exhaust fan in the closet and making your mom stand in there and smoke is just goddamn dumb.

TinyEvel 09-25-2013 05:51 PM

@MTG#10 Mercury Vapor lamp is a type of bright blue-ish light used to be common in outdoor dusk-to-dawn security lights. They provided a light on the bluer end of the spectrum and had a higher UV output, so indoor growers would seek them out, but they were much more expensive and gave off much more heat than fluorescent grow lamps.

BTW: I am not a grower nor cannabis advocate. I was a lighting salesman.

MeatRock 09-25-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10019285)
Dude, installing an exhaust fan in the closet and making your mom stand in there and smoke is just goddamn dumb.

LMAO

TribalElder 09-25-2013 06:35 PM

Sure, just make sure to ground the black wire

ROFL

MeatRock 09-25-2013 06:35 PM

An exhaust fan in a closet is not going to make a difference. The smoke will still spill out from the closet, unless it's a ****ing negative pressure vacuum exhaust or some shit.

TribalElder 09-25-2013 06:36 PM

your clothes will all smell like death from the cigarette smoke

jspchief 09-25-2013 06:58 PM

Total white trash idea.

mlyonsd 09-25-2013 07:03 PM

Build her a shed with a heater.

Eureka 09-25-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10019033)
Yeah Ive been up there and you can see light coming in. I really dont want to cut a hole in my roof to vent it out, if its going to require that much work she can freeze her ass off.

A vent is fairly easy to put in! Here is what I would do!

Buy a high powered 4" fan can and a separate fan speed control switch. Prob easiest to plug the control switch into the wall. Buy a roof jack and some volcom. Also some 4" flex duct. Heck you could even send the flex duct to an opening you can see so it blows it outside and there's no need for a roof vent. 25ft of 4" flex duct is 30$. With variable speed you can clear that room of smoke in seconds!

I also recommend looking at some YouTube how to videos. Homedepot has some videos. With a little research you'll find this is a very simple task. Many options so make a plan and execute.

Cephalic Trauma 09-25-2013 07:13 PM

Well, if she was thinking about quitting, winter would be the time to do it. Just another thing (besides minor reasons like lung cancer and premature death) that can push her toward a healthier lifestyle.

SAUTO 09-25-2013 07:28 PM

Just cut a hole to the outside and put a box fan in that ****er.

Done.
Posted via Mobile Device