ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277096)

FloridaMan88 10-06-2013 08:06 PM

All the talk about the offense struggling today... Tennessee came in to today's game with a defense ranked in the top 10 in both yards per game and points per game allowed.

I am not saying the offense doesn't have room for improvement, it obviously does, but we shouldn't overlook the fact the Chiefs played against a pretty good defense today.

Fairplay 10-06-2013 08:19 PM

gblowfish add a pic of one of your cool pets please only thing that was missing.

Best poster of CP by far.

O.city 10-06-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10057404)
All the talk about the offense struggling today... Tennessee came in to today's game with a defense ranked in the top 10 in both yards per game and points per game allowed.

I am not saying the offense doesn't have room for improvement, it obviously does, but we shouldn't overlook the fact the Chiefs played against a pretty good defense today.

Yeah, I was surprised. Their d was better than I thought

Saleenman607 10-06-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10057380)
Um, no. Our secondary has been a real bright spot, and Thomas has been given quite a few duds to work with. Smith is playing his best football and Berry has been a revelation, especially in his cover skills. You have Safeties playing actually somewhat decent in practically a nickel corner role and you have Cooper come out of nowhere to play outstanding football.

Kendrick Lewis' problem is he doesn't have talent. It's not Emmitt Thomas. Lewis doesn't have speed and isn't a big enough hitter. More often than not, I think he overcompensates, which is why you see him try to take shortcuts.

True enough, but as much man coverage KC plays, you gotta tackle tough. Just think Emmitt is not emphasizing enough is all. How long has he been secondary coach?
OK, now I'll get off his back

Mr. Flopnuts 10-06-2013 08:26 PM

Bowe getting called out of bounds with out so much as a look just felt like home cookin. Great read as always Georgie.

gblowfish 10-06-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10057450)
gblowfish add a pic of one of your cool pets please only thing that was missing.

Best poster of CP by far.

How bout Mama Cat hiding out on the back porch? This was last spring:
http://i43.tinypic.com/ehafk3.jpg

ThaVirus 10-06-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10057376)
Yep, once they blow the whistle, there's nothing you can do. That's why I think they gave us a break on the roughing call later on Alex Smith to keep our 4th quarter TD drive alive.

Was pretty weird that they blew that play dead so quickly when they were giving Battle 4 and 5 chances to punch it in on the other side.

CaliforniaChief 10-06-2013 08:31 PM

After week 6, Sanders Commings is eligible to come off IR. I'll be interested to see if he can take Lewis' job.

Fairplay 10-06-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10057492)
How bout Mama Cat hiding out on the back porch? This was last spring:
http://i43.tinypic.com/ehafk3.jpg

:)

journeyscarab 10-06-2013 08:35 PM

Great read George. And I hate Fitzpatrick too!

ThaVirus 10-06-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10057498)
After week 6, Sanders Commings is eligible to come off IR. I'll be interested to see if he can take Lewis' job.

I think we look for Demps and Abdullah to steal a lot of reps over the coming weeks then eventually take his starting spot later in the season.

Sanders could compete for the spot next season.

rico 10-06-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10055931)
Ten Things About Today's Game

2. I hate Ryan Fitzpatrick. I mean I hate his guts. He's one of those players that inexplicably plays his best football against us, and only us. He's like that .200 hitter that just hammers your Ace pitcher. There's no rhyme nor reason for it, he just has the knack. This guy is short. He's slow. He's lily white. He looks like a freakin' Wall Street Day Trader. And against us he looked like the second coming of Fran Tarkenton. Watch Justin Houston just flat miss pulling him down on this TD run:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-touchdown-run
The good news is, there's a reason why Buffalo let this guy go. He has a nasty habit of pooping his parts in crunch time, and today, the poop was slow in coming. But like the aftermath of a big mexican dinner, it was sure to show up eventually. Titans had two picks and a lost fumble. Charles fumbled once for KC, and Alex had a pick on a ball that flat out sailed on him in the rain. That's going to happen. The difference was, KC sucked it up in the fourth quarter again, as they have all year. Fitz threw for 247 yards, Smith for 245, so that evens out in the wash.

I know what you mean. My opinion of him is the same as your opinion. And to add to the points you made about him, he's a Harvard guy...which automatically makes me associate him with those d-bags in the movie, "Trading Places" and those twins/other various d-bags in "The Social Network." I have no idea if those films accurately depicted Harvard people or not, for I've never met a Harvard student or grad. However, for whatever reason, I can't help myself from associating anything Harvard with the pricks in those movies. Fitzpatrick included. When I see his face, I envision him being gay and douchey, rowing crew and singing in an acapella group with a smug expression on his face.

Mr. Laz 10-06-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10057498)

Demps should take it right now.

This year Lewis has a grand total of 8 tackles,1 assist, 1 pass defense, 0 ints and 0 FF, 0 sacks as a starter.

what are we going to miss?

keg in kc 10-06-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10057672)
I know what you mean. My opinion of him is the same as your opinion. And to add to the points you made about him, he's a Harvard guy...which automatically makes me associate him with those d-bags in the movie, "Trading Places" and those twins/other various d-bags in "The Social Network." I have no idea if those films accurately depicted Harvard people or not, for I've never met a Harvard student or grad. However, for whatever reason, I can't help myself from associating anything Harvard with the pricks in those movies. Fitzpatrick included. When I see his face, I envision him being gay and douchey, rowing crew and singing in an acapella group with a smug expression on his face.

My sister's a harvard grad. She's about as far from that as you can get. Hell, we're from a small town in West Virginia.

Hoover 10-06-2013 09:26 PM

When Fitzpatrick ran that TD I couldn't help but think of that GIF of him screaming like a little girl.