ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Seattle getting another attempt at beating KC's noise record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277466)

Lzen 10-15-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10087871)
Come on guys do we really give a shit about some lame ass Guiness record?

What we care about is that Arrowhead is loud and proud again, right?

That the crowd can truly effect the game again, right?

Right on! :thumb:

While cheering my butt off on Sunday, I said to my people that I didn't care about the record so much as I cared about the crowd being loud and making it difficult for opponents. It was really cool to see Arrowhead rocking again. Haven't seen it like this for many, many years.

While they showed that decibel level on the scoreboard to be at most 110-111, I have a feeling it was actually getting up around the record at that point. IMO, they did that just to make the crowd louder. Kinda lame but whatever works. It's a cool thing to brag about but not the be all, end all. I want a SB. All that other stuff is secondary.

Nirvana58 10-15-2013 11:15 AM

I don't care if we attempt to break the record every home game. Whatever it takes for the average fan to get fired up and make noise for your team. We proved Arrowhead still can be a force and the fans can make a difference. I want our fans to be that fired up every home game and bring back our dominance we had in the 90's. Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that it wasn't uncommon to have people complaining and telling other fans to sit down so they could see the game. So if this record helps them get into the game so be it.....

Lzen 10-15-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087922)
Well, as stupid as it is, at least it woke up the fans at Arrowhead again and reminded them what they can accomplish. Shouldn't have needed that reminder but whatever gets them going....

Herm, Haley, Crennel. Need I say more? :doh!:

Raiderhater 10-15-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10088665)
Who cares who holds the friggin record? The point is the team, not the fans. As long as we're doing our part to intimidate the opposition's offense and have life and excitement in Arrowhead, then the record could belong to the Raiders for all I care.

Let's not get carried away here. As stupid as I think all of this is, there still has to be a line.

luv 10-15-2013 11:21 AM

Seattle getting another attempt at beating KC's noise record

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 10088706)
Let's not get carried away here. As stupid as I think all of this is, there still has to be a line.

LMAO

:p

Lzen 10-15-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10088656)
We got a long road to that game.

Might not be this year but I'll still look forward to it...

We play them next year. Don't know yet whether it will be in Seattle or KC.

Dave Lane 10-15-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10087899)
As long as there are homerific people who are more concerned with attending games with their friends, kissing mediocre player's asses, and blindly supporting the team there will be people who take a lot of personal pride in things like "loudest stadium", "dancing around opposing fans", and "plays tom-toms at the pre-game ritual". These people don't care about the product on the field. They care about the spectacle of it all and "belonging" to something - anything. That's why they threw an ever-loving fit over SOC last year. We were disparaging the thing to which they belonged and they didn't like it one bit. Now there's a certificate from Guiness and it means more to them than a SuperBowl because they belonged to the effort to get it. They'll do everything they can to keep that $3500 certificate in KC. That's fine with me. Knock yourselves out. I care about what happens between the lines. I want to win. Period. Certainly noise contributes to that. Make all the noise you want to make. I'll be there with you making it. But I do not care one bit about Pro-Bowlers, Walter Payton Man-of-the-Year awards, sell-out streaks, STH waiting lists, Guiness, or any other piece of crap award other than a Hunt and then a Lombardi. Bring those to me.

Quality posting right there. Personally that was more effort than I would take to explain it to true fans.

Phobia 10-15-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 10088706)

I don't think you have to worry about the Raiders breaking that record. There are very specific disqualification rules about artificial noise of shanks plunging into human flesh, gunshots, and banging your shackles on seat backs.

Raiderhater 10-15-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10088716)
I don't think you have to worry about the Raiders breaking that record. There are very specific disqualification rules about artificial noise of shanks plunging into human flesh, gunshots, and banging your shackles on seat backs.

Im not worried about it in the least. I still do not condone a hypothetical situation where it could happen and we would be accepting of it.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-15-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10087899)
As long as there are homerific people who are more concerned with attending games with their friends, kissing mediocre player's asses, and blindly supporting the team there will be people who take a lot of personal pride in things like "loudest stadium", "dancing around opposing fans", and "plays tom-toms at the pre-game ritual". These people don't care about the product on the field. They care about the spectacle of it all and "belonging" to something - anything. That's why they threw an ever-loving fit over SOC last year. We were disparaging the thing to which they belonged and they didn't like it one bit. Now there's a certificate from Guiness and it means more to them than a SuperBowl because they belonged to the effort to get it. They'll do everything they can to keep that $3500 certificate in KC. That's fine with me. Knock yourselves out. I care about what happens between the lines. I want to win. Period. Certainly noise contributes to that. Make all the noise you want to make. I'll be there with you making it. But I do not care one bit about Pro-Bowlers, Walter Payton Man-of-the-Year awards, sell-out streaks, STH waiting lists, Guiness, or any other piece of crap award other than a Hunt and then a Lombardi. Bring those to me.

Pretty much. And how do these guys just have extra cash just laying around? Dang lol. "3500? Sure no prob when do we attempt to break it again?"

It's sad that we have come to having to break records to get the fans behind the team again. I know it's hard when they're losing but what little do those people know that they contributed greatly to us winning that game. We were flat. It felt like it was slipping away. But those people look more at a record than it actually helped the team out.

Halfcan 10-15-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10088742)
Pretty much. And how do these guys just have extra cash just laying around? Dang lol. "3500? Sure no prob when do we attempt to break it again?"

It's sad that we have come to having to break records to get the fans behind the team again. I know it's hard when they're losing but what little do those people know that they contributed greatly to us winning that game. We were flat. It felt like it was slipping away. But those people look more at a record than it actually helped the team out.

We were loud the entire game and consistently the Loudest stadium ever. It was about the game. We were gald we won-getting the record in the final seconds after a Big defensive play when all the Fair weather fans left was a bonus!

Dave Lane 10-15-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10088763)
We were loud the entire game and consistently the Loudest stadium ever. It was about the game. We were gald we won-getting the record in the final seconds after a Big defensive play when all the Fair weather fans left was a bonus!

God damn you are an insane homer.

BWillie 10-15-2013 11:59 AM

Hippies vs Rednecks.

Rednecks will be drunker and burping up ribs louder. Good luck.

DaFace 10-15-2013 12:02 PM

If they do, I'd really hope the Chiefs would give it up. The point is proven: Arrowhead can be ****ing loud when it needs to be. Who cares if it's 136db vs. 140db?

wazu 10-15-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10088802)
If they do, I'd really hope the Chiefs would give it up. The point is proven: Arrowhead can be ****ing loud when it needs to be. Who cares if it's 136db vs. 140db?

The most interesting thing we learned on Sunday was that all of the screaming and banging on seats isn't nearly as loud as one big roar of celebration after a Pick-6.

You could probably bring in Guinness for any given game and not even tell the fans, and if there is a monster play like that one we'd hit the mark again.