ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Xs and Os: The Denver Pick Plays (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278478)

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2013 10:16 PM

Nobody runs it near as much as those clowns. Sure everyone does it occasionally but they abuse it.

WhiteWhale 11-10-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10176874)
Has Denver? I'd be interested to see the numbers.

Look man, I know. It's more of a Manning thing though. His WR's get away with more contact and DB's against him get away with less. That's how it's been for a decade now.

I just don't see the point bitching about it. It's not a new thing to deal with regarding manning. Press the WR's hard and screw up the timing. We should be able to do that.

I'll bet on at least one of Avery's long YAC plays there was a questionable pick involved... probably by Bowe or a TE (cos avery couldn't pick his nose)

I always think back to Freddie Mitchell destroying Randall Gay in the SB on an obvious pick play and Owens got a huge gain. Afterwards T.O. is all "Freddie threw a nice pick".

It was before the ball was thrown. They know what they're doing.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2013 10:17 PM

**** off bronco nuthugger!

Silock 11-10-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10176877)
Anytime two routes are designed to cross each other as close as possible aka "rubbing" so that their trailing defenders would either run into each other or the receiver to clear out is a "rub route." Almost every single play ran out of a bunched formation does this. This is how you manufacture someone open versus man coverage. Come on, Madden-brainwashed kids these days know this.

That's true. However, this is NOT AT ALL what happens in the second play. Look at him. He takes two steps, then turns sideways, and tracks the CB laterally in order to hit him with his shoulder. That's NOT route running and is a clear violation of the rules.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2013 10:18 PM

Don't test my patience during donk week n00bs

Strongside 11-10-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10176882)
Look man, I know. It's more of a Manning thing though. His WR's get away with more contact and DB's against him get away with less. That's how it's been for a decade now.

I just don't see the point bitching about it. It's not a new thing to deal with regarding manning. Press the WR's hard and screw up the timing. We should be able to do that.

Agreed. I was seriously wondering, though, if they'd been called for picks yet this year?

TEX 11-10-2013 10:20 PM

The CHEATING DONX run illegal picks as much as Indy used to when BIG HEAD played there. Now add a little Crisco to the OL and chop blocks & they'll be just as bad as the HORSE FACE CHEATING DONX were. **** EVERYTHING Denver!

WhiteWhale 11-10-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10176876)
White Whale, are you actually a Mastodon fan, or just using the image?

Leviathan is one of the greatest albums of the 00's. I've seen them live 3X. I'm kinda fading after the recent album, but that takes nothing way from the masterpiece in my avatar.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10176898)
The CHEATING DONX run illegal picks as much as Indy ysed to when NIG HEAD played there. Now add a little Crisco to the OL and chop blocks & they'll be just as bad as the HORSE FACE CHEATING DONX were. **** EVERYTHING Denver!

That is the spirit!!! :)

Mother****erJones 11-10-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10176898)
The CHEATING DONX run illegal picks as much as Indy ysed to when NIG HEAD played there. Now add a little Crisco to the OL and chop blocks & they'll be just as bad as the HORSE FACE CHEATING DONX were. **** EVERYTHING Denver!

Wut?

WhiteWhale 11-10-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10176893)
Agreed. I was seriously wondering, though, if they'd been called for picks yet this year?

I have no idea. They probably get away with it like Favre's packers did in the day.

Silock 11-10-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10176908)
Wut?

I think he typo'd. He's edited it to BIG HEAD.

Strongside 11-10-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10176900)
Leviathan is one of the greatest albums of the 00's. I've seen them live 3X. I'm kinda fading after the recent album, but that takes nothing way from the masterpiece in my avatar.

REP for knowing good music.

Goldmember 11-10-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10176911)
I think he typo'd. He's edited it to BIG HEAD.

or NAG head :)

notorious 11-10-2013 10:27 PM

Don't piss me off this early in the week. I need a slow build until my distain explodes with the power of a Tsar bomb during the game.