ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2014-2015 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282513)

Ceej 03-23-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512047)
He blocked shots at Arkansas. That's about all he did well, though.

That's fine. If he can do that at a high level I will be happy.

Pablo 03-23-2014 07:34 PM

Self is fantastic. I might trade him straight up for Izzo. That's about it.

We'll be a good, competitive team next year no matter what. Favorites to win our league and probably a four seed or better in the tourney. Life isn't that bad.

And this loss doesn't cut me deep. There is always hope for next year as a KU fan.

Prison Bitch 03-23-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512170)
We can't afford to miss out on losing to Robert Morris in the NIT either. ROFL

Since Cal got there he's easily outperformed Self. He's still going this year too, he might end up with his 3rd FF in 5 years there. Kentucky would've smoked us today.

But yeah, you can beat off to your 2014 NCAA Tourney participation ribbon.

NWTF 03-23-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10512076)
Wow. What a homer.

No. Im not a KU guy but Self is right there in the conversation with all those guys. You could make a case for any of them. Honestly Id probably take Self.

TLO 03-23-2014 07:39 PM

This message is hidden because Prison Bitch is on your ignore list.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10512206)
Self is fantastic. I might trade him straight up for Izzo. That's about it.

We'll be a good, competitive team next year no matter what. Favorites to win our league and probably a four seed or better in the tourney. Life isn't that bad.

Self's KU has been a 4 seed or better every year in the tournament since he arrived (with seven 1 or 2's). Care to take a guess how many other programs have done that?

Chiefs Pantalones 03-23-2014 08:15 PM

Why the F can't we lure a great point guard here these last few classes?

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10512292)
Why the F can't we lure a great point guard here these last few classes?

Ask Smart, he would have been great for this team but chose OSU instead.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-23-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512296)
Ask Smart, he would have been great for this team but chose OSU instead.

He would've been the missing link this year, IMO. Such a force driving and on defense.

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10512306)
He would've been the missing link this year, IMO. Such a force driving and on defense.

Last two years really.

Silock 03-23-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10512306)

You misspelled "diving."

Baby Lee 03-23-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10512210)
No. Im not a KU guy but Self is right there in the conversation with all those guys. You could make a case for any of them. Honestly Id probably take Self.

FTR, I take Self as well, I just abandon 1'n'dones from here on out.

If we're gonna excuse a 4 point tourney showing with 'aww, he's just a kid' let them be kids elsewhere and make their millions in the NBA.

Mr. Plow 03-23-2014 09:14 PM

lol @ PB

KC_Connection 03-23-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10512416)
FTR, I take Self as well, I just abandon 1'n'dones from here on out.

If we're gonna excuse a 4 point tourney showing with 'aww, he's just a kid' let them be kids elsewhere and make their millions in the NBA.

Yes, it's far more appropriate to rip these guys like you for supposedly not caring when they are crying their eyes out in the locker room. You're an absolute clown.

Baby Lee 03-23-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10512441)
Yes, it's far more appropriate to rip these guys like you for supposedly not caring when they are crying their eyes out in the locker room. You're an absolute clown.

If they care, they stick around and mature until they can win, that's not realistic with what the NBA offers. So if they're only gonna be here when they're not mature enough to carry a team, then get someone who's committed.

You can't have it every which way, he's a phenomenal talent, who isn't mature enough to contribute when it matters, and YES the NCAA tournament is when it matters, Self himself said and says so, but it's OK because he's a kid and he feels bad, but it's also OK that he's leaving before he matures because he's gonna get that NBA scrilla, yo.

Poor kids cryin' their eyes out are a little less sympathetic when they're moving on to MTV cribs and a Maybach with 22's and millions more in the bank tomorrow.

And though I stick with Self, I also put that failed 1'n'done gambit on him, not Wiggins. He picked a shitty approach for how he coaches. Learn, and move forward.