ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Riskiest Things You've Ever Said to a Cop? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282904)

Lzen 04-10-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10552511)
I was on my way to work at about 0415 and stopped at the local 7/11. I work out of town and I have to take the highway or freeway to get there. When I got to the door I saw two local cops and two sheriffs waiting outside. The floor of the place had been buffed and the register guy was doing transactions at the door, collecting the money and returning with the products. As I walked up the sheriffs were telling the guy what they wanted. I interrupted with, "GIMME A LITER OF COLA." The local cops giggled. The sheriffs gave me a really, really shitty look and one said (deadpan), "That wasn't funny." I said, "Oh, I think it was. But you bet your ass I''ll be staying under the speed limit all the way to work this time, officer."

I don't get it.

Lzen 04-10-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10552537)
"I'm going to ****ing kill you," as I tried to open the door to his cruiser.

"Taze me, mother****er! Go on, do it." Same encounter.

"Go **** yourself and get off my porch, you one who sucks the penis." different encounter.

I ****ing hate cops.

Is it safe to assume that you got tazed?

ChiTown 04-10-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10552537)
"I'm going to ****ing kill you," as I tried to open the door to his cruiser.

"Taze me, mother****er! Go on, do it." Same encounter.

"Go **** yourself and get off my porch, you one who sucks the penis." different encounter.

I ****ing hate cops.

It also makes you a dumbass.

Lzen 04-10-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10552641)
About 6 months ago, there was this cop who kept following my wife home from work...which was 20 miles away. He'd tail her all the way home. It would happen literally every time she went to work for like a 4 week span. Used to piss me off because according to the license plate number, it was the same cop every single time. I was starting to get the impression that he was creeping on her. My wife is hot.

One night he did it for like...the 3rd time in a week. 20 freaking miles. She called me on the way home and I was waiting for her with a cut-off t-shirt (I was planning on lifting weights at our 24 hour facility when she got home) and my arms crossed, with a stern expression on my face. I was pissed. I stared the dude down the entire time he slowly crept by our house.

So a few minutes pass when I decided to drive to the workout facility in town. Instead of hopping in the car I usually drive, I hopped in my wife's car. I did this on purpose to see if I would get tailed or followed by this cop if he was still in town. He was still in town and when he saw me, he followed me all the way to the workout facility. This was late at night. When he followed me into the parking lot of this 24 hour facility, I was livid. I hopped out of my car immediately and approached the guy, who kind of seemed taken aback and timid...not a real assertive dude. I maintained a safe distance from him, but wanted to let it be known that I was not happy. I looked at him and my first comment was, "I'm just going to assume that you are real upset that I am not my wife right now." I followed this with, "do you mind telling me why you've been following her home from work every night? It's becoming pretty stressful for her and DON'T EVEN try telling me you haven't been doing it. We have tracked your ID number through your license plate." The guy was stand-offish and was like, "uhh sir, I don't know what you are referring to. I'm just wanting to know what you are doing at this facility so late." I replied, "this is a 24 hour workout facility and I have a membership. Wanna see?" I plugged in my password and opened the door to the facility. Then I said, "and you DO know what I'm talking about...I already indicated to you that we know that it's been you the entire time." This cop responded with, "well, I don't believe there is any merit to that claim." I responded, "you bet your ass there is. And for your information, my wife's best friend is the county sheriff...your boss. If you don't leave us the hell alone, I will feel compelled to reporting to him that you have been harassing her. His own daughter has been in the car with her while you've done this, so he WILL see the merit in our story. You going to piss off and leave her alone?" The guy responded with something along the lines of, "Sir, I'd prefer it if you spoke to me on a professional level. Have a good workout and go on with your night." As I began walking into the facility, I said to him, "don't advise me to speak to you on a professional level when you don't act the part...as you obviously should."

Haven't seen or heard from him since, but I would be a blithering liar if I were to say that in the back of my mind, I'm not creeped out or wonder if he still feels the need to stalk my wife.

You should still report him. If not your wife he could be doing this to someone else. And who knows if he may be some kind of psychopath with a badge.

Radar Chief 04-10-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10552859)
I have always been respectful for the most part.

It’s amazing the number of tickets, amount of trouble in general, I’ve gotten out of simply by being polite, answering any questions directly and following each reply with “sir”. It doesn’t always do the trick, but it goes a hell of lot further than acting the ass.

Lzen 04-10-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10552702)
Holy man-boobs, there are some DUMB ASS MOFOS on CP!!!!!!!!

FYP

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-10-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10552888)
It also makes you a dumbass.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/447...erfinger-o.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10552883)
Is it safe to assume that you got tazed?

Nope, just a night in the drunk tank.

KC native 04-10-2014 08:51 AM

heh, I have a compulsion to find out the max speed on every car I've ever owned.

Well, I decided 2 AM on a Saturday night was a good time to experiment with a temporary Acura that I was in possession of.

Hit 120, exit the freeway by my house and decide to blow the light because "If a cop is following me, he might see me." I lived one block off the access road.

Pull in my driveway and I'm getting out of the car with my space case (weed container) when I see a cop haul balls around the corner. I knew he was coming for me despite not having lights or sirens on. Threw the space case back into the car and locked the doors.

Short, 5'3"-5'5", bald cop hops out of the car and charges towards me. I'm trying to contain my laughter because he was so short and trying to charge up to me hardcore.

In the sternest little man voice he could muster, "Why are you driving like a maniac?"

I respond with a deadpan, "Because I like to drive fast."

The look on his face was priceless. He didn't know what to say because I didn't try to deny it or make an excuse. He takes my license and goes to his car. I see him tell his partner about the interaction and I see his partner bust out laughing.

Mini-cop comes back with a ticket for 88 in a 65, running a red light, and no insurance (I had it but I wasn't opening my car back up).

Went to court for it, the prosecutor dismissed the insurance and red light ticket and let me do probation for the speeding ticket. Shit was cash.

KC native 04-10-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10552899)
It’s amazing the number of tickets, amount of trouble in general, I’ve gotten out of simply by being polite, answering any questions directly and following each reply with “sir”. It doesn’t always do the trick, but it goes a hell of lot further than acting the ass.

This. I've gotten off of a shit load of tickets for being polite, having my windows down, dome light on, and radio off by the time the cop gets to the car.

Lzen 04-10-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10552899)

When I was young and rebellious I might have a been a bit of a smart ass. But I was smart enough to know not to **** with cops. And I always had a respect for the difficult job they do. However, over the past several years my respect level has gone down quite a bit from seeing first hand the BS that some of them try to get away with. Also, I've heard and read many stories in recent years of local cops as well as other ones around the US abusing their authority. Actually, this has kind of been a big interest of mine as of late. I'll gladly share some stories if anyone is interested.

WilliamTheIrish 04-10-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10552641)
...Long Rico post about hot wife/ cop creeping...

Cops pull that shit all the time. There was a bit of a scandal in the local PD where I lived many years ago. A citizen wrote a letter to the newspaper about a cop who ran plates of hot looking women when he was out on patrol. His wife had been followed multiple times but never stopped or cited.

The newspaper went in depth and discovered that a large group of patrol officers ran plates on women at a rate of 15-1 vs men. The men were cited at a high rate and 80% of the women were never stopped at all but were followed. Leading to the conclusion That the cops were using their data base to get names/addresses/phone numbers of citizens.

It's the age old question: "Who is watching the watchers"?

WilliamTheIrish 04-10-2014 08:58 AM

LZEN

Share away...

Lzen 04-10-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10552928)
Cops pull that shit all the time. There was a bit of a scandal in the local PD where I lived many years ago. A citizen wrote a letter to the newspaper about a cop who ran plates of hot looking women when he was out on patrol. His wife had been followed multiple times but never stopped or cited.

The newspaper went in depth and discovered that a large group of patrol officers ran plates on women at a rate of 15-1 vs men. The men were cited at a high rate and 80% of the women were never stopped at all but were followed. Leading to the conclusion That the cops were using their data base to get names/addresses/phone numbers of citizens.

It's the age old question: "Who is watching the watchers"?

Damn, that's ****ed up. Where was this?

KC native 04-10-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10552927)
When I was young and rebellious I might have a been a bit of a smart ass. But I was smart enough to know not to **** with cops. And I always had a respect for the difficult job they do. However, over the past several years my respect level has gone down quite a bit from seeing first hand the BS that some of them try to get away with. Also, I've heard and read many stories in recent years of local cops as well as other ones around the US abusing their authority. Actually, this has kind of been a big interest of mine as of late. I'll gladly share some stories if anyone is interested.

With damn near half of my family being cops, I've always respected good cops.

I loathe bad cops. Unfortunately, there seems to be an increasing amount of bad ones.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-10-2014 09:01 AM

On an individual level, the quality of the cop depends on the quality of the person, but as an institution, cops are ****ing scum.