ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Will never, EVER, use FedEx again... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282954)

TEX 04-13-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10558995)
The wife delivers and she isn't rough with my package...:D

Excellent! Can't beat that. So, WTF are you complaining about? ;)

NewChief 04-13-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10559084)
a ups & fdx driver normally has about 100 deliveries and 50 pickups a day give or take....

Just do the math on that for a second and divide it by 10 hours a day and you will understand why they can't take 10 mins to deliver every stop...

Carriers mess up from time to time and it takes a long time to dig out from bad weather .. We were shut down for 2 days down south here due to the ice, but those loads of freight from the parts of the country unaffected by the weather continues to pile up.. So take 2 days off and then you are 2 days behind on a dock that is already busting at the seams with capacity... It's organized kaos...

Most drivers don't want to take a box back they already carried to your porch because they have to bring it back tomorrow and it just makes more work for him.

The snow this winter made for tons of fun. I got to stand in line with about 50 other people at the UPS hub to get a package that they couldn't deliver so we could get it to a customer. It was insane there that day.

R8RFAN 04-13-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10559161)
The snow this winter made for tons of fun. I got to stand in line with about 50 other people at the UPS hub to get a package that they couldn't deliver so we could get it to a customer. It was insane there that day.

It's been a very challenging year for us as well... Where I live, we have ice storms and not that much snow... Combine that with the below normal temps and a state that does not have the equipment to move it quickly and it becomes a mess here.. Not as bad as they are in Atlanta but a mess still

Jerok 04-13-2014 09:57 AM

I work for USPS (probably deliver to some of you). Honestly the best deal is probably the priority shipping. We are getting disciplined if we even miss one scan, and whenever we have a ton of parcels and we have to cut some (because the clerks don't have enough time to sort) we always get the priority out first.

Which means around Christmas time we had hundreds amazon prime 2 day shipping sitting there for a week while our USPS 2 day priority were out immediately.

That said props to UPS because they take those heavy ass packages so I don't have to deliver them.

R8RFAN 04-13-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 10559172)
I work for USPS (probably deliver to some of you). Honestly the best deal is probably the priority shipping. We are getting disciplined if we even miss one scan, and whenever we have a ton of parcels and we have to cut some (because the clerks don't have enough time to sort) we always get the priority out first.

Which means around Christmas time we had hundreds amazon prime 2 day shipping sitting there for a week while our USPS 2 day priority were out immediately.

That said props to UPS because they take those heavy ass packages so I don't have to deliver them.

Wonder why USPS has to be subsidized by the Government to compete with UPS and Fedex , but UPS and Fedex operate in the black and USPS always operates in the red?

Chiefshrink 04-13-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10559177)
Wonder why USPS has to be subsidized by the Government to compete with UPS and Fedex , but UPS and Fedex operate in the black and USPS always operates in the red?

For the last 40 yrs on our tax dime operating at loss. What private sector company would survive that ? Not to mention the enormous bountiful pensions these guys get on our tax dime at a loss every year. Met a USPS courier that makes just under 100K a year plus his pension and has worked only 20yrs. He was telling me all the things he did one summer and I commented how in the world do you afford all that ? He said, "Dude" your generous tax dollar". Then I said to him with out missing a beat, "At a loss" !! His face frowned at that point. He started just out of high school. Think about that for someone out of high school at the age of 38 making over 100K a yr with an enormous pension already. Don't get me wrong here, I don't begrudge this guy personally but what I do begrudge is it is on our tax dime at a loss with no accountability because this is one of many DC's sacred entitlement COWs operating at loss on "We the People's Dime" they refuse to put down.

Wanna get rid of worthless mail in your mail box ? Privatize it !!;)

007 04-13-2014 12:15 PM

I haven't had any problems with USPS. The only thing that really drives me nuts about them is the fact they move in slow motion when you have to go to the post office. otherwise, my packages have always gotten to their destination exactly when expected.

GloryDayz 04-13-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10559390)
I haven't had any problems with USPS. The only thing that really drives me nuts about them is the fact they move in slow motion when you have to go to the post office. otherwise, my packages have always gotten to their destination exactly when expected.

As much as I'm starting to think USPS first these days, you are right.. I know the one in the City Center Square building almost NEVER opens their 2nd window, even with 5-6 people in line. And the man working is NEVER in a rush.

But the price is right compared to FedEx, so I'll deal with the line.

Bowser 04-13-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10558354)
Well when they can't even wait a full minute to deliver a signature required package that is kind of irritating. I've answered a door withing a minute of the doorbell and found a slip on my door the the truck about to leave. Had to run out to stop him. it's like they have the slip prefilled before they even ring the bell.

Nobody understands just how under the gun these delivery drivers are. They are seriously over dispatched every day, and their every movement is tracked. Drivers will get pulled into the office to answer questions like "why was your truck idle for these extra 45 seconds?", and that is no exaggeration.

The drivers get that the customer service is down, and most of them genuinely don't like it (interaction with people is one of the better parts of the job for the most part, and they understand that building relationships with the people you deliver to fosters a comfort that leads to more business), but none of that matters to the idiot bean counters that sit in corporate offices milling over the mean numbers in various districts. I'm speaking for UPS here, but I'm sure that R8ers would say much the same for Fed-Ex.

R8RFAN 04-13-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10559613)
Nobody understands just how under the gun these delivery drivers are. They are seriously over dispatched every day, and their every movement is tracked. Drivers will get pulled into the office to answer questions like "why was your truck idle for these extra 45 seconds?", and that is no exaggeration.

The drivers get that the customer service is down, and most of them genuinely don't like it (interaction with people is one of the better parts of the job for the most part, and they understand that building relationships with the people you deliver to fosters a comfort that leads to more business), but none of that matters to the idiot bean counters that sit in corporate offices milling over the mean numbers in various districts. I'm speaking for UPS here, but I'm sure that R8ers would say much the same for Fed-Ex.

STFU (We are non union) :D

Bowser 04-13-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10559622)
STFU (We are non union) :D

Heh. That certainly helps our guys to not get fired for having an extra 45 seconds of "unexplained activity".

Did you do the package car delivery thing, or did you go right to the big trucks? I delivered for 11 years until I blew my shoulder out and had to have surgery. It was about then I said piss on the delivery thing and moved to the feeder department.

KCBOSS1 04-13-2014 01:44 PM

First, I would call and chew out Fed Ex and get my way about something... some $ back or something. I'm talented that way.

Second, after reading some of the BS on this board as usual, I wonder what kind of loser I must be to be posting here.

R8RFAN 04-13-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10559648)
Heh. That certainly helps our guys to not get fired for having an extra 45 seconds of "unexplained activity".

Did you do the package car delivery thing, or did you go right to the big trucks? I delivered for 11 years until I blew my shoulder out and had to have surgery. It was about then I said piss on the delivery thing and moved to the feeder department.

I went to work for a company called American Freightways and they were bought out by Fedex in 2000

I work in the Freight division and never did any package stuff

GloryDayz 04-13-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 10559738)
First, I would call and chew out Fed Ex and get my way about something... some $ back or something. I'm talented that way.

Second, after reading some of the BS on this board as usual, I wonder what kind of loser I must be to be posting here.

I don't know, a "HUGE" loser maybe?

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

KCBOSS1 04-13-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10559751)
I don't know, a "HUGE" loser maybe?

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Apparently.