ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Robert Mathis out 4 games PED's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283734)

milkman 05-18-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10636417)
As I've said before, you'd think a "doc," with the level of education required to attain that degree, would have a basic understanding of grammar and punctuation. You seem to lack it. And blatant mistake like band vs. banned should be pointed out. We have no way of knowing if you made a simple mistake or don't know the difference.

He also apparently doesn't know the difference between 'their' and 'there'.

ThaVirus 05-18-2014 11:41 AM

Robert Mathis out 4 games PED's

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10636435)
Why? How does is have any impact on you?

Well, I'm not a professional athlete so of course it doesn't. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

planetdoc 05-18-2014 12:31 PM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...ammar-nazi.jpg

Quote:

As I've said before, you'd think a "doc," with the level of education required to attain that degree, would have a basic understanding of grammar and punctuation. You seem to lack it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10636437)
He also apparently doesn't know the difference between 'their' and 'there'.

I dont care. it doesnt matter to me or affect what I need to do or say. If those in charge of this board deem it to be important, than they are welcome to implement a spellchecker (more advanced than underlining words in red) and grammar checking into the software.

I think it says more about those that are hung up by how something is said rather than the content or meaning behind what is said.

http://humoriq.files.wordpress.com/2...ammar-nazi.jpg
Quote:

And blatant mistake like band vs. banned should be pointed out. We have no way of knowing if you made a simple mistake or don't know the difference.

why does it matter?

J Diddy 05-18-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636269)
neither dumbass. you wouldnt happen to be an unemployed english major by any chance? They (of which their are many) are mainly the ones more focussed on grammar and spelling than the content of what is said. I guess that would require higher level thinking.

You call him a dumbass but yet you get all butt hurt over him playing out of spelling error in what was most likely a joke. Now you look like a dumb dumb

planetdoc 05-18-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10636636)
You call him a dumbass but yet you get all butt hurt over him playing out of spelling error in what was most likely a joke. Now you look like a dumb dumb

im not going to go through his post hx, but many of sorter's comments to me have had to do w/ grammar/spelling. Its seems like an OCD hang up.

LoneWolf 05-18-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636645)
I'm not going to go through his post history, but many of Sorter's comments to me have had to do with grammar/spelling. It seems like an OCD hang up.

FYP :D

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10636807)
FYP :D

ROFL

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636560)
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...ammar-nazi.jpg

I dont care. it doesnt matter to me or affect what I need to do or say. If those in charge of this board deem it to be important, than they are welcome to implement a spellchecker (more advanced than underlining words in red) and grammar checking into the software.

I think it says more about those that are hung up by how something is said rather than the content or meaning behind what is said.

http://humoriq.files.wordpress.com/2...ammar-nazi.jpg

why does it matter?

It matters because when someone presents himself as barely literate, it's difficult to take his opinion seriously.

planetdoc 05-18-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10636851)
It matters because when someone presents himself as barely literate, it's difficult to take his opinion seriously.

heh
Quote:

Originally Posted by definition of literate
able to read and write

I question your critical thinking skills.

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636873)
heh

I question your critical thinking skills.

You can barely write, dude. You regularly use the wrong word. I don't think I've ever see you use then/than correctly.

planetdoc 05-18-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

And blatant mistake like band vs. banned should be pointed out. We have no way of knowing if you made a simple mistake or don't know the difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636012)
He is guilty of using a specific band substance (clomid), but currently nothing more. Accusing him of anything else, without the facts, is defamation.

so, to be clear, were you unable to discern the meaning of the word "band" in the context of the above statement, and the context of the discussion? Did you think I didnt know the difference and was instead talking about a "woodwind or brass instrument" as Sorter put it?

planetdoc 05-18-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10636907)
You can barely write, dude.

I have over 1400 posts on this forum. Your definition of what is considered "barely [able to] write" is abnormal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10636907)
I don't think I've ever see you use then/than correctly.

once again, why does it matter? Havent you asked yourself why you are unable to get past spelling/grammar mistakes?

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636923)
I have over 1400 posts on this forum. Your definition of what is considered "barely [able to] write" is abnormal.

once again, why does it matter? Havent you asked yourself why you are unable to get past spelling/grammar mistakes?

I can, and often do, ignore it. I choose not to this time.

Have you asked yourself why you're incapable of using what is presumably your native language correctly?

planetdoc 05-18-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10637007)
Have you asked yourself why you're incapable of using what is presumably your native language correctly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636560)
I dont care. it doesnt matter to me or affect what I need to do or say.

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10637012)

See, I see using proper grammar, punctuation, and even the right words as a fundamental courtesy to others who choose to read my posts. Your apparent disregard for the language means you care not that others have to decipher what you meant, so in a way, it's disrespectful to others.