ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Official Chiefs OTA's Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283829)

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-26-2014 08:38 PM

Didn't we set an NFL record last year for avg Kickoff return yardage ??

Thomas is gonna nail some TDs this year . I think he'll get 9.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-26-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10652383)
The Browns had an awful draft

And will be a playoff team this year. Ray Farmer will turn that ship around. If Manziel pans out he will be genious.

RealSNR 05-26-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10652392)
remains to be seen. If they come away with a legit franchise QB then it's A+ draft for them.

Manziel was the only good pick, and that was more because they had nothing to lose by trading up and taking him.

The rest of their draft was a giant abortion. It reminded me of a Carl Peterson/Dick Vermeil draft. That bad.

mcaj22 05-26-2014 09:44 PM

we will have nothing to show for Jeff Allen/Rodney Hudson/Jon Asamoah because Reid is grooming his own late round picks to replace them

even more fat scott wasted picks

Discuss Thrower 05-26-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10652421)
And will be a playoff team this year. Ray Farmer will turn that ship around. If Manziel pans out he will be genious.

There's no way the other three teams in the North suck enough for the Browns to earn a title.

Further, either the Jets, Dolphins, Steelers/Ravens/Bengals will be WC contenders so that's not likely either.

staylor26 05-26-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10652191)
LOL! Good to hear that Harris bounced back big time today though.

I really hope he makes big strides. Would be huge to add him and Kelce to our TE group.

KChiefs1 05-26-2014 10:39 PM

Murray's brother is on the Bachelor? How many chicks is he banging?

silver5liter 05-27-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10652709)
Murray's brother is on the Bachelor? How many chicks is he banging?

Think he's on the bachelorette, so probably none

bevischief 05-27-2014 05:19 AM

That Mr Tomhawk.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-27-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 10652802)
That Mr Tomhawk.

WUT?

planetdoc 05-27-2014 10:35 AM

Chiefs shift gears to organized team activities
by Herbie Teope
(highlights)

Quote:

There were a number of bright spots from the weekend. Among the group included the speed of outside linebacker Dee Ford, the team’s first-round pick (23rd overall) and versatility of offensive tackle Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, one of two sixth-round picks (200th overall).

Still, both players were drafted for a reason. Rookie minicamp also gave undrafted free agent signings a chance to show what they had, notably wide receiver Albert Wilson and strong safety Daniel Sorensen.

With the weekend over, the Chiefs now shift attention to voluntary OTAs by bringing the rookies and veterans together.

The Chiefs hold OTAs on May 27-29, June 3-5 and June 10-13. The team’s mandatory minicamp is June 17-19.

Other observations from Monday’s final day of rookie minicamp:

Harris closes on high note. Tight end Demetrius Harris made quite a few nice catches, including a sliding grab. His play didn’t go unnoticed by Reid, whose version of the West Coast offense is made for a tight end to excel.

“I think this camp was great for him,” Reid said. “I thought he played exceptionally well.”

Daily Dressler catch. Three straight days with a Weston Dressler update, but it’s hard to ignore his play on the field.

Dressler once again continued to command attention during 11-on-11 drills, turning in yet strong performance with acrobatic catches.

OK, Dressler has six years experience in the Canadian Football League, so he should have his way facing rookies when considering his professional experience.

But even then, a nice catch is a nice catch.

Injury update. Defensive tackle Risean Broussard suffered a knee injury, but Reid said the injury is not considered serious.

“He’ll be back,” Reid said. “It’s not anything he needs surgically repaired or anything.”

Broussard, who participated on the first day of rookie minicamp, wasn’t on the field Sunday and Monday.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-27-2014 10:36 AM

Adam Teicher‏@adamteicherˇ3 mins
Justin Houston and Brandon Flowers are not at first off season Chiefs practice

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-27-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10653095)
Adam Teicher‏@adamteicherˇ3 mins
Justin Houston and Brandon Flowers are not at first off season Chiefs practice

I bet Houston wants a new deal.

RealSNR 05-27-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10653103)
I bet Houston wants a new deal.

They're voluntary, dipshit

Mr_Tomahawk 05-27-2014 11:07 AM

Evan Silva‏@evansilvaˇ3 mins
#Chiefs lucky Jamaal Charles is a good soldier. Has been one of NFL's most underpaid players for awhile & still reporting to voluntary OTAs.