ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Covitz: Eric Fisher still not cleared for full practice sessions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283957)

Pablo 05-28-2014 08:50 AM

Soft and oft-injured at 1.1.

Sounds like the Chiefs luck.

LOCOChief 05-28-2014 08:51 AM

The big issue is a shoulder injury, can't strength train with it and it will make putting good weight on difficult. He needs both to have a chance.

htismaqe 05-28-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10655277)
Shoulda picked that Geno Smith guy huh?ROFL

Literally nobody saying that except the Geno haters...

Pablo 05-28-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10655286)
Literally nobody saying that except the Geno haters...

There were obviously no other options at 1.1.

Geno or Eric Fisher. That's it.

We had our choice of any player. And we chose Eric Fisher.

Lucky us.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 08:58 AM

The Chiefs could have chosen any player in that draft last year and it wouldn't have made them any worse than picking Eric Fisher. He had no positive impact on the team. Drafting a QB and stowing him, or picking a fifth WR leaves the 2013 Chiefs just the same.

Obviously, you hope he improves, but to act like there was a worse pick out there for year one is just ****ing moronic

In58men 05-28-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

We don't draft 1st round QBs idiot

IamBATMAN 05-28-2014 09:04 AM

IIRC didn't albert sit a few games last year with a sprained knee in the second half of the season last year? And during that time the offensive line did fairly well in keeping up the avg points of 35+. All the drama about this line I think is a little overrated. If fisher fails at LT early on Andy will make the change. Stephenson at left and fisher back at right is very similar to the same line we used last year to cover for albert. I'm not going to put the white flag up on Fisher just yet, but I am confident that if Alex starts taking repitive beatings back there Andy will shift things around.

Big Tedd 05-28-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10655275)
That is exactly the kind of draft that you take a risk.

You don't have a clear cut #1 overall, you take a guy that has big time playmaker potential, and big time bust potential.

I think Fisher was a bit of a risk/reward type of pick. Most people thought that Joeckel was the safe pick IIRC.

Here are the non O line or D line picks in the top 20 of the 2013 draft.

Tavon Austin (WR), Dee Milner (CB), DJ Hayden (CB), Kenny Vaccaro (S), EJ Manuel (QB), Jarvis Jones (LB), and Eric Reid (S)

Do you see a #1 overall type of talent there? The draft class sucked and there is nothing we can do about it.

the Talking Can 05-28-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

a much better pick than fisher

but then not using the pick would have had at least the same impact as drafting fisher

or we could have drafted your boy Tyler Wilson...ouch

milkman 05-28-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Tedd (Post 10655318)
I think Fisher was a bit of a risk/reward type of pick. Most people thought that Joeckel was the safe pick IIRC.

Here are the non O line or D line picks in the top 20 of the 2013 draft.

Tavon Austin (WR), Dee Milner (CB), DJ Hayden (CB), Kenny Vaccaro (S), EJ Manuel (QB), Jarvis Jones (LB), and Eric Reid (S)

Do you see a #1 overall type of talent there? The draft class sucked and there is nothing we can do about it.

You missed a few.

You take a Ziggy Ansah or a Bark Mingo, who have playmaker potential as pass rushers.

You take a Tavon Austin, who has playmaker, gamebreaker potential in the slot.

Or a Kenny Vaccaro, who could have combined with Berry to give us playmakers at safety?

In a draft that has no clear #1, you throw out traditional thinking and take a risk.

Eric Fisher was a safe pick.

Luke Joekel would have been the only selection that would have been safer.

In58men 05-28-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10655327)
a much better pick than fisher

but then not using the pick would have had at least the same impact as drafting fisher

or we could have drafted your boy Tyler Wilson...ouch

This

the Talking Can 05-28-2014 09:26 AM

the only benefit we've derived from drafting fisher with the #1 pick in the draft (....sorry....still get sick at the thought...just a sec)

...is that we have forever ended the stupid argument about QBs being 'risky' and OL being 'safe'

every pick is a risk, the idea of a safe pick is a lie

by 'safe' people have always just been saying they want to draft of a position of less importance than QB (True Fans)...which is, of course, absurd

tecumseh 05-28-2014 09:31 AM

Hopefully, Chiefs staff are holding him back abit so there are no medical excuses come spring training. That being said , I can't see how he owns the LT spot without serious improvement. Reid's gotta know this and is maybe "baby stepping" him along to avoid the egg.

ChiefsLV 05-28-2014 09:42 AM

I have never believed in the idea of a safe pick. Looking back over the past twenty years of drafts and seeing all the 1.1's who were busts or left after their first contract is mind bottling :p. Hell look at all the first round busts. It's a crap shoot.

Rausch 05-28-2014 09:43 AM

I'm shocked...