ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs USA Today predicts Chiefs at 4-12 for 2014 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284220)

TEX 06-09-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10679510)
They will have a similar record this year so deal with it. This coach, QB, and defensive talent isn't losing more than 8 games.

Maybe you're right but then I look at the O-line and WR's, both of which could easily be one of the worst in the league, and doubt creeps in. Then I remember the collapse of the defense at the end of last season and more doubt creeps in. Last year I was telling everyone that they'd go 10-6 and contend for a WC. This season, I'm nowhere near as confident and it feels like a 7-9 type of year.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-09-2014 07:00 AM

Abdullah was a rock solid player before he took that time off. I think he makes a difference this year. Improved pass rush with Walker and Ford. Added depth to the corners. I see improvements to a huge weakness there. Same WR as last year when they scored 35 PPG the 2nd half minus Dex who everyone here said sucks. OL is a huge question mark.

TEX 06-09-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10679483)
It's no worse than people who suck off an offensive line so constantly.

A QB can never be measured by a mediocre offensive line according to some around here. Until you surround him with the 2003 Chiefs line, the QB needs a chance.

The 2003 Chiefs offensive line isn't happening to us. Ever again. So get used to it and hope that Alex Smith is good enough to work with the guys he's got.

I hear ya, but I'd settle for a 2013 Chiefs O-line at this point. The 2014 version could be one the worst Chiefs O-line ever. If it's that bad, it would be Kryptonite to even the likes of Brady, Manning, Rogers & Brees...

TEX 06-09-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10679518)
Abdullah was a rock solid player before he took that time off. I think he makes a difference this year. Improved pass rush with Walker and Ford. Added depth to the secondary. I see improvements to a huge weakness there. Same WR as last year when they scored 35 PPG the 2nd half minus Dex who everyone here said sucks.

Im NOT one of the one's who said that Dex sucked. In fact, I've maintained just the opposite. People point to his numbers and say they can be "easily replaced." I don't agree with that because of the lack of play makers on offense. When Dex got the call last season, he answered it more times than not. Not to mention the field position he provided. Most who say he sucks, can't get over where he was drafted. I agree, that for what we got, he was drafted too early BUT he was an ascending player and greatly improved in year-1 under Reid. He's going to be missed - especially on a team with few options.

TEX 06-09-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10679480)
If we go 4-12, what regime is up next? Reid and Dorsey wouldn't be immediately fired, but how many ultimately successful regimes backslide to 4-12 in their second season? Probably none.

I'd be shocked if we go 4-12. 4-12 teams have bad QBs who throw a lot of interceptions.

Worse happened to Atlanta and Houston last season...I'd be shocked too if the Chiefs were 4-12 bad, but horrible OL's also contribute to 4-12 seasons. (and 7-9 one's) In fact, they can make bad QB's out of decent one's.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-09-2014 07:12 AM

There is a lot of potential talent on the OL too though. Doesn't mean they will be good, but they should be.

As for Dex...I am with ya. The guy was a whipping boy for no reason other than draft masturbaters not getting the draft busts they wanted. Comical seeing them claim the PR yards didn't count....well they counted on the scoreboard.

Rausch 06-09-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10679439)
At offensive line, sure.

But it's ****ing offensive line. Who cares?

The QB?

The RB?...

Rausch 06-09-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10679528)
There is a lot of potential talent on the OL too though. Doesn't mean they will be good, but they should be.

As for Dex...I am with ya. The guy was a whipping boy for no reason other than draft masturbaters not getting the draft busts they wanted. Comical seeing them claim the PR yards didn't count....well they counted on the scoreboard.

You could argue there's potential in Fisher and Hudson. Hudson looks like he'll be a damned fine C.

Nowhere else has potential...

Jimmya 06-09-2014 07:17 AM

Hoping for 10-6.

Dayze 06-09-2014 07:17 AM

I have them at 7-9.
most peoplel I work with think I'm a moran for predicting this.

then I ask them to tell me which teams they will beat, and they don't even know the friggin' schedule. after you throw down that we play championship teams, Pats; oh yeah, and the Boncos etc, you can see the looks on their faces go from full-homer to "oh shit...."

Pasta Little Brioni 06-09-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10679531)
You could argue there's potential in Fisher and Hudson. Hudson looks like he'll be a damned fine C.

Nowhere else has potential...

Stephenson showed flashes and Allen shouldn't be this bad at this point.

Chief_For_Life58 06-09-2014 07:18 AM

I would love if we only won like 1 game next year because you all know what that would mean? jameis time

Pasta Little Brioni 06-09-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10679533)
I have them at 7-9.
most peoplel I work with think I'm a moran for predicting this.

then I ask them to tell me which teams they will beat, and they don't even know the friggin' schedule. after you throw down that we play championship teams, Pats; oh yeah, and the Boncos etc, you can see the looks on their faces go from full-homer to "oh shit...."

I say this every year. Worrying about the schedule now is pointless. Said it last year when it was OMFG the NFC EAST 0 AND 4 START.

TEX 06-09-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10679532)
Hoping for 10-6.

I think 10-6 is the MAX win potential.

TEX 06-09-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10679534)
Stephenson showed flashes and Allen shouldn't be this bad at this point.

Glad you brought Allen up - with all the changes on the OL, lost in the mix is the fact that Allen was terrible last season...again. That should be a big concern, especially playing next to a new LT. REAL SCARY STUFF!