ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Put Dorsey's Head On The Chopping Block (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286391)

Mr. Flopnuts 09-09-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10897127)
Never too early!

Cut the head off before Arrowhead goes black again!

I agree with that. You have to be proactive running a team this bad. There isn't time for errors. I think I would put him on the hotseat now, but would probably give him one more draft and off season before pulling the trigger. 3 years is reasonable. That's just me.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2014 12:37 PM

Uh, can we put Reid's fat ****ing neck on the block too? You DO KNOW that his man-love of fatties was the cause for Fissure, yes? YES?

chuxtrux 09-09-2014 12:52 PM

1. Team makes one of the biggest season to season improvements in franchise history. 2. Loses first game of the following season. 3. FIRE THE GM!!!! DAMMIT CARL!!! :cuss:

Discuss Thrower 09-09-2014 12:53 PM

The Hunt family is the root of the problem.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-09-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuxtrux (Post 10897162)
1. Team makes one of the biggest season to season improvements in franchise history. 2. Loses first game of the following season. 3. FIRE THE GM!!!! DAMMIT CARL!!! :cuss:

ROFL

jd1020 09-09-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Teams make improvements in their W-L record all the time. That doesn't mean they are actually an improved team.

warrior 09-09-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10897120)
I've already chopped it off.

Dorsey is worse than Pioli, imo.

They are/were both horrible at evaluating talent. They both draft like shit. They both threw some mediocre QB on the pedestal and paid him a ridiculous amount of money. But Pioli was actually decent with the money side of the operation, Dorsey is just a complete moron. He has yet to sign anyone to a contract where you can sit back and say "well that makes sense!"

May be the first time I've agreed with you little tractor but your spot on with Dorkey he's terriable at evaluating talent.

saphojunkie 09-09-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10897120)
I've already chopped it off.

Dorsey is worse than Pioli, imo.

They are/were both horrible at evaluating talent. They both draft like shit. They both threw some mediocre QB on the pedestal and paid him a ridiculous amount of money. But Pioli was actually decent with the money side of the operation, Dorsey is just a complete moron. He has yet to sign anyone to a contract where you can sit back and say "well that makes sense!"

Jamaal Charles.

And they aren't paying Alex Smith a ridiculous amount of money.

InChiefsHeaven 09-09-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

It's not that we lost...it's that we looked inept as hell.

The QB we just signed looked terrible.

The offensive line we just patched together looked terrible.

The idiot #1 wideout got busted and had to sit the game.

The DB's were underwhelming to say the least.

The Best RB in the league may as well have been eating friggin' nachos

The coach admits to "negligence" when it came to the idiotic gameplan. The same coach who has years of experience in the league and is going to save us from embarassing losses.

I could have lived with a last minute field goal loss, one where Alex had thrown for 220 yards and 1 td, since we were missing Bowe and our OLine is suspect. But THIS??

I'm not saying throw out the baby with the bathwater. But that baby is looking less and less like me...I think I might have been fooled somewhere along the line...

jd1020 09-09-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10897172)
And they aren't paying Alex Smith a ridiculous amount of money.

The **** they aren't.

Red Dawg 09-09-2014 01:07 PM

Personally we should hope to have the same coach and manager for many years and let them build. All the teams that have long standing success in the league stick to the men they hire and let them work instead of turning over their staff and roster every few years. I am no lover of what has been so far with the exception of a few moves but by no means is dumping them a good idea yet. That would a Raider, Brown or Jax type move. This is the sacrifice season that normally would have been done in year one. Money and all our picks should make a large difference in 2015. Just so its not a shock. Hali will be dumped to pay Houston.

Let them assemble their roster.

Chief Roundup 09-09-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10897176)
The **** they aren't.

You think that 4.6 mil this year, 15.6 mil next year, and 17.8 mil in 2016 after which we could release him and save money is paying too much for Smith?

Let me guess you think the 4.6 mil this year is too much. :rolleyes:

Discuss Thrower 09-09-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10897186)
You think that 4.6 mil this year, 15.6 mil next year, and 17.8 mil in 2016 after which we could release him and save money is paying too much for Smith?

For a guy that needs pro bowlers at receiver for him to be effective, abso-****ing-lutely KC overpaid for the guy.

saphojunkie 09-09-2014 01:10 PM

They can cut Smith after this year and while it costs 14.4 million in cash, it actually saves money on the cap.

Your argument is invalid. Alex Smith's contract is not preventing the Chiefs from making roster moves nor have they shown an unwillingness to give him competition. That alone distinguishes Dorsey from Pioli.

Eleazar 09-09-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10897187)
For a guy that needs pro bowlers at receiver for him to be effective, abso-****ing-lutely KC overpaid for the guy.

He was effective last season with the same group.