ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals St. Louis mayor gets blasted in Deadspin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287169)

Eleazar 10-04-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10980319)
Ta Dah

That's pretty obvious

Eleazar 10-04-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10980292)
This!

Its just butthurt jealousy. The Royals are winnning. They are winning in the playoffs. Get over the asshole Cardinal fans in college. Concentrate on the Royals. Your winning, why should you give a **** about another teams stupid ass mayor?

Maybe if you weren't douching in a royals thread just the other day this would mean more

Discuss Thrower 10-04-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10980319)
Ta Dah

AWhattup Rams Fan? How dem Bilikens look? Are they ready to take the A-10 by the opposite of surprise?

Rams Fan 10-04-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10980355)
AWhattup Rams Fan? How dem Bilikens look? Are they ready to take the A-10 by the opposite of surprise?

Losing 4 starters. Bunch of FR coming. I don't think they'll win the A10 but they still could be a low seeded tourney team.

Discuss Thrower 10-04-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10980400)
Losing 4 starters. Bunch of FR coming. I don't think they'll win the A10 but they still could be a low seeded tourney team.

Okay my comment is less funny considering I thought SLU was in the Big East.

Al Bundy 10-04-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10980080)
Disclaimer: I prefer Kansas City to St. Louis. I would rather live there if given the choice.

However, Kansas City has always had an inferiority complex regarding St. Louis, which makes no real sense. Nevertheless, it exists.

Everyone I know here is VERY thankful Kansas City isn't St. Louis.

RedandGold 10-04-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10980310)
OMG thank you for stating the obvious!!111!1!

No ****ing shit. The residents who suffer the inferiority complex don't want St. Louis to be considered a Midwestern/Southern city. They want to portray St. Louis like Chicago, which it clearly isn't. Additionally, said residents want St. Louis to be considered an Eastern city, which it ****ing isn't.

It's not an accident that STL is considered the westernmost Eastern city. There's absolutely nothing Southern about the STL vibe.

Marcellus 10-04-2014 08:31 PM

The fact this thread exists tells you all you need to know about what fans have what complex.

GloryDayz 10-04-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10979530)
Why are the Cardinals considered "loathsome"?

Because the team and their city suck hairy goat balls.

Reaper16 10-04-2014 09:02 PM

Yes, Kansas City has an inferiority complex towards St. Louis. It's a better city than St. Louis is, but this complex is about sports. KC so very badly wants to be better than STL because who doesn't want to be better than the person who is bullying you? That isn't hyperbole; all of us Royals fans have seen abuse directed at us by Cards fans. It's pathetic and it is ugly. Everyone in the nation sees through the self-superiority of the Cardinals fanbase, but only Royals fans see the worst of it. KC can't get its head out of its own ass when it comes to the constant comparisons to St. Louis. But it is St. Louis' fault that KC's head got stuck there in the first place.

Yes, St. Louis has an inferiority complex towards Chicago & major East Coast cities. They want so bad to be considered with the same weight as Chicago. Places like Washington University want so badly to be considered an Ivy League school. The city wants so badly to be looked at as a cultural powerhouse. This need stems from the false prophecy of the St. Louis Hegelians. They had many important things to say about the confluence of German Idealism and education, admittedly, but what sticks out to me is their shoddy interpretation of certain Hegelian dialectics to mean that St. Louis, Missouri would become the great cultural center of the world; the next Paris, a future-Prague. This was deeply held belief and it didn't happen, and the scars still show on St. Louis' psyche. So they take it out on their little brother/cousin/neighbor/whatever KC is. Because instead of great success in the areas that the city has always truly wanted, all they have is success in baseball. So, desperately, they cling to that.

eDave 10-04-2014 09:03 PM

LOL. Dude got butt-hurt.

POND_OF_RED 10-04-2014 09:06 PM

Bout time someone apologized for Budweiser.

Prison Bitch 10-04-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10980342)
Maybe if you weren't douching in a royals thread just the other day this would mean more

Thank you. I respect the Cards but it was BRCs dud about the Royals "modeling themselves after STL" that started my jihad about their struggles vs the AL. If you swapped them with Oak/Ana/Tex/Det the past 15 years their tune would be soooooo different.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-04-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10980595)

Yes, St. Louis has an inferiority complex towards Chicago & major East Coast cities. They want so bad to be considered with the same weight as Chicago. Places like Washington University want so badly to be considered an Ivy League school. The city wants so badly to be looked at as a cultural powerhouse. This need stems from the false prophecy of the St. Louis Hegelians. They had many important things to say about the confluence of German Idealism and education, admittedly, but what sticks out to me is their shoddy interpretation of certain Hegelian dialectics to mean that St. Louis, Missouri would become the great cultural center of the world; the next Paris, a future-Prague. This was deeply held belief and it didn't happen, and the scars still show on St. Louis' psyche. So they take it out on their little brother/cousin/neighbor/whatever KC is. Because instead of great success in the areas that the city has always truly wanted, all they have is success in baseball. So, desperately, they cling to that.

That is complete horseshit. In effect, you attribute the thoughts of a small cadre of academics as a dispositive effect on the entire region.

St. Louis was once the third largest city in the country. As the nation moved away from the river and to the rail as a form of transportation, Chicago supplanted it. It happens. But to think that the entire region holds some type of scar over something they've never read about and occurred over a century ago is the worst kind of tripe.

Baby Lee 10-04-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10980726)
That is complete horseshit. In effect, you attribute the thoughts of a small cadre of academics as a dispositive effect on the entire region.

St. Louis was once the third largest city in the country. As the nation moved away from the river and to the rail as a form of transportation, Chicago supplanted it. It happens. But to think that the entire region holds some type of scar over something they've never read about and occurred over a century ago is the worst kind of tripe.

Didn't help when they turned E.St.L. into . . . E.St.L. over darkie hatred right when St. Louis should have been becoming the rail transportation hub it was situated to be.