ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who do You Blame for the Chief's Mediocrity this Season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289357)

Discuss Thrower 12-21-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 11209605)
Right.

Quick question.

Who leads the NFL in QB efficiency, and what offensive system do they run?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11209578)
Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Russell Wilson and countless others disagree.

It's inefficient because the team has to burn at least one timeout PER GAME because the offense can't get set quick enough and because it focuses so much on the horizontal game that it can't move downfield quick enough in two-minute drill.

It took the Chiefs 2:27 off the game clock to go 50 yards when they absolutely needed two possessions to tie or win the game.

007 12-21-2014 06:31 PM

I want a real rebuild. no more of this limping along.

DaneMcCloud 12-21-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11209722)
It's inefficient because the team has to burn at least one timeout PER GAME because the offense can't get set quick enough and because it focuses so much on the horizontal game that it can't move downfield quick enough in two-minute drill.

It took the Chiefs 2:27 off the game clock to go 50 yards when they absolutely needed two possessions to tie or win the game.

Good grief, that's not the scheme, it's poor play calling and poor preparation by the head coach.

DaneMcCloud 12-21-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11209730)
I want a real rebuild. no more of this limping along.

The Chiefs had one in 2008 and had Herm been retained, he and Kuharich would have had a much better draft than Pioli and most likely would have selected a QB.

Herm's offenses with Huard and Thigpen were more effective than Reid's with Alex Smith.

Discuss Thrower 12-21-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11209769)
Good grief, that's not the scheme, it's poor play calling and poor preparation by the head coach.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Fine, I don't mean the WCO as a whole. I mean Reid's WCO.

It's ineffective because of the guy who's planning and executing it.

Mr. Laz 12-21-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11209769)

It's also a head coach that doesn't demand organization and excellence. Reid burns timeouts all the time, he really doesn't care. Reid also makes the same mistake over and over again, his player are just following suit.

carcosa 12-21-2014 06:43 PM

Which Chief's mediocrity?

Hammock Parties 12-21-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11209779)
Herm's offenses with Huard and Thigpen were more effective than Reid's with Alex Smith.

LMAO

It's criminal to think about that.

lcarus 12-21-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11209281)
The Hunts, it all starts from the top

The only reason I disagree with this is because Clark is an owner that believes in hiring the right guys and letting them do their job. He hired Pioli, who was a much coveted GM at the time. It was a massive fail so he canned him and cleaned house. Then he hired Reid, who for all of his faults, was a pretty coveted head coach. Then he hired Dorsey, a well respected GM with a good track record. And he shelled out a lot of money to those guys.

HonestChieffan 12-21-2014 06:45 PM

Injuries play a big part, no leader in lockrroom, players who dont care, bowe is top drawer lazy player. Lots of blame to go around but for sure the Chiefs never had that blood in the eye, go kick ass attitude. To many guarenteed contracts and no dedication to winning. No pride.

DaneMcCloud 12-21-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11209790)
It's also a head coach that doesn't demand organization and excellence. Reid burns timeouts all the time, he really doesn't care. Reid also makes the same mistake over and over again, his player are just following suit.

Yep. I'm done with King Andy. He'll have to win a Super Bowl before I give him the benefit of the doubt again.

GloryDayz 12-21-2014 06:59 PM

1- The Hunts... (for only "wanting" to win, but not doing much past a "want." Never became students of the game, or the parts above the players so the right 53 were coached and managed by the right people)

2- Dorsey.... (for last year's personnel moves and non-moves)

3- The Fat-Andy... (for being too slow for the modern game and not taking Dorsey to task for understanding, and building, a team ready to play in the NFL of 2014)

4- The O-Line (for being the fattest and ugliest women in KC. And being career failures in their chosen field)

5a- The WRs (for just sucking as a group. Wilson did well today, but I checked my watch and it's game 15 - too late. All the world needs to know is no TDs to WRs in a calendar year. But the O-line plays into their failure a little bit too)

5b- Alex Smiff (for having no touch. I can deal with him being scared, with this O-line it's a "water's wet" deal, but his lack of throwing accuracy has made the bad WRs job all the harder, and has ****ed this team in those few situations when it could have helped.)

Molitoth 12-21-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11209807)
Yep. I'm done with King Andy. He'll have to win a Super Bowl before I give him the benefit of the doubt again.

Wouldn't it have been nice to be able to cut ties with geno smith and be able to be in position to draft Mariota instead of trading 2 draft picks and millions on the alex smith experiment?

:p

suzzer99 12-21-2014 07:02 PM

Overall they did better than I expected at the beginning of the season and much better than after the Johnson and DeVito injuries. They just got our hopes up so much more when they got to 7-3.

notorious 12-21-2014 07:22 PM

Mariota is not the answer for any team.

He will be a huge bust.