ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is there really a top 10 QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295626)

Chiefs4TheWin 10-25-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11836804)
Hackenberg has a lot of tools.

When I've seen him on the field, he has shown a lot of poise and he really stood in against a hard Buckeye defense that absolutely pounded him.

He's been in the wrong system and getting the shit kicked out of him, but he's still gaming.

If you can get that freshman guy back, which is a possibility if he comes out this year, and let him sit and learn the position again you might really have something with him.

He doesn't strike me as a flake or a flash in the pan (which his freshman year might suggest). Just a dude in a really bad situation that's trying to tough it out the best he can.

Local media fears that opinion every day.

RunKC 10-25-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 11836496)
Let's be honest. This class sucks. If Christian Hackenturd is in the conversation for the first round, we may as well win.

Yes because we could definitely do worse than Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Jonathan Baldwin and Dee Ford who have obviously been great first round picks for us..

oaklandhater 10-25-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11836806)
Irsay is already chewing out his GM.

Perhaps we'll soon see which approach is better.

The colts will go to the playoffs with a losing record maybe 7-9

And they will clean house

We will Miss the playoffs with a losing record for the 2nd times in a row and nothing will change it isn't fair

http://i58.tinypic.com/20t13l1.gif

GloucesterChief 10-25-2015 10:40 PM

Goff, Lynch, and Cook all have first round talent and upside.

Hogan, Hackenberg, and Kessler will probably go late first to second.

Cardale Jones might come out and will be a late 2nd to 3rd. He is playing in the wrong system at Ohio State and it is hurting him. He is not a read-option guy.

MMXcalibur 10-25-2015 10:45 PM

Connor Cook is my pick o' the litter.

oaklandhater 10-25-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11836829)
Connor Cook is my pick o' the litter.

This if we are keeping reid cook is his type of QB

Chiefs4TheWin 10-25-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11836817)
Yes because we could definitely do worse than Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Jonathan Baldwin and Dee Ford who have obviously been great first round picks for us..

Not against drafting a QB. Just questioning the talent at QB vs our draft position.

Edit: I know we have have to take a chance at some point. More along the lines of "do we have to tank" to get what we need in this particular draft.

Chiefs4TheWin 10-25-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 11836728)
Yeah, he hasn't been that great since losing Bill O'Brien and he's a pro style QB that had to convert to a spread with bad OL and WR support. Totally admit I'm a homer and it would just be really cool to have a QB from from favorite college team drafted by favorite NFL team but I also think he has all the tools both mentally and physically and given time will be a Big Ben type QB.</br></br>But again, homer and all. I can dream! :D

Out of state fan? I'm 30 min drive from state college, but just a hockey fan of Penn State.

Local media dreads that the national media will give him a pass cuz of the "system", and as a result will deter any good QB from coming here.

RunKC 10-25-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 11836833)
Not against drafting a QB. Just questioning the talent at QB vs our draft position.

Edit: I know we have have to take a chance at some point. More along the lines of "do we have to tank" to get what we need in this particular draft.

The 2004 kind of QB draft isn't something that happens often. 1983 was the last time a QB draft like that happened.

The college game is ruining QB's so it's far more rare to see multiple options on a consistent basis.

We need to try

Dave Lane 10-25-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 11836617)
We only beat a 3rd string QB wait till the lions game before making such a claim

It's a must lose game next week. Otherwise we are ****ed.

Otter 10-25-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 11836846)
Out of state fan? I'm 30 min drive from state college, but just a hockey fan of Penn State.

Local media dreads that the national media will give him a pass cuz of the "system", and as a result will deter any good QB from coming here.

Born and raised in PA with ties to Penn State. Moved to CO for a better job opportunity and the Rocky Mountains give me a woody. Check your rep.

oaklandhater 10-25-2015 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11836854)

Yep Lions game is either a Tank for the season and all the homers go quite or 8-8 waste of a season

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2015 06:08 AM

https://readreactreview.files.wordpr...5/08/giphy.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11836854)

I could literally kick Big Ben in his balls for this atrocity.

BigCatDaddy 10-26-2015 06:22 AM

At the very least Id like that to think you could get ASS11 type production out of a pick at 15% of the cost. Thus allowing you to allocate resources elsewhere for a few years.