ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Other Games Pokemon Go: Augmented Reality (AR) Game For Your Smart Phone (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300650)

alnorth 07-12-2016 02:40 PM

This thing has just freaking exploded in Des Moines. I never heard about it till yesterday, now its all over the news. Really weird yesterday to see well-dressed professionals during the lunch hour walking around downtown with their phones out looking for pokemon. So, today I decided to download it to see what the fuss was about.

I don't know if I'll stick with it or not, but I don't think I can say anything bad about a game that forces people to go outside, walk around, and get some fresh air and exercise.

BleedingRed 07-12-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 12312559)
This thing has just freaking exploded in Des Moines. I never heard about it till yesterday, now its all over the news. Really weird yesterday to see well-dressed professionals during the lunch hour walking around downtown with their phones out looking for pokemon. So, today I decided to download it to see what the fuss was about.

I don't know if I'll stick with it or not, but I don't think I can say anything bad about a game that forces people to go outside, walk around, and get some fresh air and exercise.

Mother ****ing game wants me to run 5KM to hatch a ****ing egg SOB

DC.chief 07-12-2016 03:22 PM

I got it just for the hell of it to see what the fuss was all about and it's kind of fun and i've never played or watched pokemon.

how do you get more pokemon balls!? i tossed like 50 at a ****ing bat and now i'm out.

I just got a galaxy s7 edge 2 weeks back and i've already exceeded my monthly data. I'm not sure if it's because this game or some other bloatware apps running it all up. I mean i've only had pokemon go on my phone for 2 days and i've been working so I haven't used it much.

Feel like I can't play it anymore unless I pay for more data which isn't worth it to me.

Sully 07-12-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 12312600)
I got it just for the hell of it to see what the fuss was all about and it's kind of fun and i've never played or watched pokemon.

how do you get more pokemon balls!? i tossed like 50 at a ****ing bat and now i'm out.

I just got a galaxy s7 edge 2 weeks back and i've already exceeded my monthly data. I'm not sure if it's because this game or some other bloatware apps running it all up. I mean i've only had pokemon go on my phone for 2 days and i've been working so I haven't used it much.

Feel like I can't play it anymore unless I pay for more data which isn't worth it to me.

Pokestops, which are everywhere. Go to them, click on them, and spin the disc.

alnorth 07-12-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 12312600)

The documentation for this game is not great. From what I can see on the internet, you are supposed to go to one of those big blue things on the map. When you are close enough you can tap it to go to another screen, then spin something by swiping on your phone to get it to spit out rewards which always include pokemon balls. I dunno precisely if thats how it works, but I'll try it out.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-12-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12306249)
There are about 15 gyms I can walk to and my Pidgeot is one of the highest levels possible and I've taken every single gym I've come across. I don't leave the Pidgeot at the gyms so I don't hold onto them, but I gain a shit lid of level stealing gyms from other teams. I went out at 6 am this morning and got back at 8 am and took 4 gyms along the way.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7a56195724.jpg

What happens when you walk into the ghey bar ?

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-12-2016 04:42 PM

Did I hear right that it made Nintendo $9 Billion this last week !

The Franchise 07-12-2016 05:03 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnE5yTbXYAAsoPF.jpg

Sully 07-12-2016 05:28 PM

Downtown Lee's Summit is crazy with the Pokemon Go right now...

mr. tegu 07-12-2016 06:19 PM

I have no idea what's going on. So your Pokémon fight and then you take other person's character? What is the ultimate goal of Pokemon? To just collect them and get higher levels?

Fish 07-12-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12312803)
I have no idea what's going on. So your Pokémon fight and then you take other person's character? What is the ultimate goal of Pokemon? To just collect them and get higher levels?

Evolution bro.. Evolution.......

alnorth 07-12-2016 10:49 PM

quick tip: when you throw a pokeball at something and miss, sometimes instead of vanishing, the ball will roll on the ground for a bit. If you touch it, you get that pokeball back.

edit: another tip: At level 5 you are asked to pick a team. I don't know how relevant this choice is, but it is not reversible so you may want to read what the obsessive people on the internet may have written on it. They are Valor (red), Mystic (blue), and Instinct (Yellow). Once you pick a team, you are (currently) with that team forever for that account.

On an unrelated note, I found this amusing for some reason.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/.../4f1.jpg_large

Beef Supreme 07-13-2016 11:31 AM

The zombie apocalypse is here, and they are staring at their phones.

luv 07-13-2016 12:24 PM

I gave in and downloaded it Monday evening. Just now reaching level 3. Only places I've been are work and home. I did walk to a nearby church which is a pokestop. Oh, and I got some 2-headed thing while I was at the convenience store on my lunch hour today.

BWillie 07-13-2016 02:55 PM

This is super ghey. All of you. Super duper gheys.