ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Tacos. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300782)

hometeam 07-09-2016 05:32 PM

carne asada, carne pollo, al pastor

corn tortilla with cilantro. Queso fresco if needed.

Only acceptable taco~

notorious 07-09-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12308718)
I love tacos.

We usually run Tones taco seasoning we get st Sams. (Don't judge me). I roll with flour tortillas but it doesn't matter. I always put too much on there and a bunch ends up on the plate to be eaten with chips.

I load mine up with veggies. Lettuce, onion, green and red bell peppers and a pile of cheese.

The key though is finding a salsa that makes it all work.

There is a salsa made in Plains that will knock your socks off. I think it's the same company that makes Pedro's Tortilla Chips.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-09-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12308729)
carne asada, carne pollo, al pastor

corn tortilla with cilantro. Queso fresco if needed.

Only acceptable taco~

ROFL Let me guess it also has to include the butt nuggets from the tanned dude makin them in a back alleyed van...err "truck"

LoneWolf 07-09-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12308718)
The key though is finding a salsa that makes it all work.

El Zarape from Garden City. You should be able to find it in your local supermarket. Best salsa I've ever found that wasn't homemade.

Tacoman 07-09-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12308131)
How do you do 'em? Beef, chicken, pork, fish? How do you season the protein? What kind of toppings? Crunchy or soft shells? Is there a difference between a soft taco and a small burrito?

I'm in

Hamwallet 07-09-2016 07:33 PM

If I am making them at home I absolutely love Spanish Gardens seasoning and there taco sauce, plus it's a KC company so it's helping keep $$$ in the community. When I lived in Florida every time my parents would visit they would have to bring me a dozen bottles of BBQ sauce and Spanish Gardens seasoning and sauce.

Buzz 07-09-2016 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12308131)
How do you do 'em? Beef, chicken, pork, fish? How do you season the protein? What kind of toppings? Crunchy or soft shells? Is there a difference between a soft taco and a small burrito?

:cuss: FMB! Today I picked up stuff to make French dip sammiches in the slow cooker or mole chicken enchiladas. Wife wants the French dip.

Katipan 07-09-2016 08:14 PM

Cecina is a staple here. Can't imagine ground beef tacos ever again.

DaKCMan AP 07-09-2016 08:36 PM

Love fish tacos, but I keep it very simple at home. It just works, very delicious. Black bean tacos where the black beans contain sweet onion, garlic, jalapeņo, and black pepper.

I typically use hard corn shells. Bottom layer of sharp cheddar, beans, spinach, tomatoes, top layer of sharp cheddar, hot sauce. Awesome.

Usually make them every other week.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-09-2016 09:11 PM

The perfect taco is a crunchy corn shell that has moistened due to the juices of the meat.

Fillings and extras are arbitrary.

Buehler445 07-09-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12308734)
There is a salsa made in Plains that will knock your socks off. I think it's the same company that makes Pedro's Tortilla Chips.

WTF? You tease me with this shit and don't give a link? Bad form :cuss: :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12308758)
El Zarape from Garden City. You should be able to find it in your local supermarket. Best salsa I've ever found that wasn't homemade.

El Zarape is decent. I prefer a little more body and thicker. Since you've brought it up, I need to go eat there.

I'm most fond of Jardines 7 J Ranch Chipotle.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.calo...dium-22664.jpg

I've been eating a lot of this. It's a good substitute since I can't get the Jardines stuff here.

http://www.salsaexpress.com/images/p.../icon/2046.jpg

Miles 07-09-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 12308296)
We have a place in Colorado Springs called Fuzzy's Tacos.
I almost always giggle whenever I drive by there.

That's all I have to contribute.

Had no idea they had expanded that far and so rapidly. I thought they were just around DFW and turns out they are all over now were recently purchased.

hometeam 07-09-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12308740)
ROFL Let me guess it also has to include the butt nuggets from the tanned dude makin them in a back alleyed van...err "truck"

of course.. thats the flavor man

Simply Red 07-09-2016 09:35 PM

I like cilantro - but I don't require it nor necessarily 'prefer' it. I think it works best in a fish taco situation. It's pretty good in Salsa - but again - I certainly can live without it.

Miles 07-09-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12309064)
I like cilantro - but I don't require it nor necessarily 'prefer' it. I think it works best in a fish taco situation. It's pretty good in Salsa - but again - I certainly can live without it.

Don't sell it short. Cilantro is good in any taco situation.