ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Von Miller closing in a deal reportedly worth 6yr/114m w 70+g (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300860)

Pasta Little Brioni 07-15-2016 10:11 AM

Lol at the bravado of a gifted superbowl thanks to the league marketing tool. Mule and Hef probably wear John Cena jerseys and strut around in those.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-15-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12316781)
Elway is still trying to figure out that damn fax machine.

Put it on a tee;:)

Hammock Parties 07-15-2016 10:13 AM

I hate Von Miller, for unrelated reasons. In my Madden franchise, at the age of 34, I brought him to KC as a FA on an expensive 2 year, $23 million deal. Most of it was guaranteed money.

He got 14 sacks and helped me field the deadliest pass rush in the league, then promptly retired.

After one year in retirement he shows back up in FA and signs with someone else.

GIMME BACK MY $10 MILLION.

Mr. Laz 07-15-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12316527)
True - but they did just fine when handing out that kind of jack to Manning, which was supposed to put them in "cap hell." They'll find a way.

yep, whether they are cheating or not the broncos are talented at maneuvering the cap.

maybe they are better because they cheat
maybe they are better because their owner is more willing to spend

they are still better than we are at it

They are better at 'moving and shaking' than we are too.

We are slow,methodical ... Dorsey has the better eye for talent

Denver has the better DC
we have a better OC

It will be interesting to see how Denver's QB situation works out. Sadly i imagine they will find some way to make it work. Just like we've spent every year under Reid/Dorsey trying to build an elite defense. Denver spent 19 million per year on Manning and still built a top 5 defense in half the time.

It's time for our coaching staff to make it happen, no more excuses.

Time for Reid to manage the clock and the playcalling
Time for sutton to finally rotate the DL and keep Hali/Houston healthy for the end of season.

Mile High Mania 07-15-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12316783)
Lol at the bravado of a gifted superbowl thanks to the league marketing tool. Mule and Hef probably wear John Cena jerseys and strut around in those.

Ha... ok.

Have some fun with this one. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16...vision-winners

Of the AFCW beat writers, only the guy from San Diego chose a team not from Denver to win the division, and he picked KC. In the results, KC finishes in 3rd behind Denver and then Oakland.

Lots of doubts in Denver for sure, but doesn't look like too many believers with KC yet. That should change though, I think KC will finish first or second in the division this year.

I think we'll have one of the tightest division races in a long time...

Pasta Little Brioni 07-15-2016 10:46 AM

ROFL a bunch of tripe? You aren't winning 11 by less than 7 again. Once that flips expect a basement finish for a less talented team.

TEX 07-15-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12316862)
ROFL a bunch of tripe? You aren't winning 11 by less than 7 again. Once that flips expect a basement finish for a less talented team.

Especially the "weird" ways they won them. In any given week a play here / there can influence the outcome of a game. It usually evens out over the course of the season. That never happened for Denver last season. They were on the plus side of weird game altering plays / circumstances way too often for it to have been simply coincidence IMO.

New World Order 07-15-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12316826)
Ha... ok.

Have some fun with this one. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16...vision-winners

Of the AFCW beat writers, only the guy from San Diego chose a team not from Denver to win the division, and he picked KC. In the results, KC finishes in 3rd behind Denver and then Oakland.

Lots of doubts in Denver for sure, but doesn't look like too many believers with KC yet. That should change though, I think KC will finish first or second in the division this year.

KC isn't doing anything without a healthy Houston.

New World Order 07-15-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12316787)
I hate Von Miller, for unrelated reasons. In my Madden franchise, at the age of 34, I brought him to KC as a FA on an expensive 2 year, $23 million deal. Most of it was guaranteed money.

He got 14 sacks and helped me field the deadliest pass rush in the league, then promptly retired.

After one year in retirement he shows back up in FA and signs with someone else.

GIMME BACK MY $10 MILLION.

I think it's free with EA Access now.

What do you play on?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-15-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12316880)
KC isn't doing anything without a healthy Houston.

Vons too busy posing nude and probably gets hurt this year 3 to 4 win team without him in pile high.

Hammock Parties 07-15-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12316881)
I think it's free with EA Access now.

What do you play on?

ps4

just moved the Chiefs to London :evil:

Mile High Mania 07-15-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12316875)
Especially the "weird" ways they won them. In any given week a play here / there can influence the outcome of a game. It usually evens out over the course of the season. That never happened for Denver last season. They were on the plus side of weird game altering plays / circumstances way too often for it to have been simply coincidence IMO.

Weird like Reid deciding not to play for OT and Charles fumbling (again) weird...

Pasta Little Brioni 07-15-2016 12:11 PM

2 bogus PIs to extend the tying drive sure is though

MMXcalibur 07-15-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12316826)
Ha... ok.

5-11

Mile High Mania 07-15-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12317063)
2 bogus PIs to extend the tying drive sure is though

I don't recall the plays to say whether it's sour grapes or legit. I do know that per this site, Denver gets away with 3-4 of those a game.