ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Charles and Houston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301466)

mcaj22 08-12-2016 05:48 PM

He can't just "come back" for the playoffs. He has to come back on the active roster by week 11 or get put on season ending IR.

So from Week 1 to Week 11 he has 11 weeks to get healthy. (I have no idea how far Houston is in being healthy I just wanted to clarify for people that think he can just show up Week 17 and party.)

ThaVirus 08-12-2016 05:50 PM

Andy Reid on Charles and Houston

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12365099)
He can't just "come back" for the playoffs. He has to come back on the active roster by week 11 or get put on season ending IR.

So from Week 1 to Week 11 he has 11 weeks to get healthy. (I have no idea how far Houston is in being healthy I just wanted to clarify for people that think he can just show up Week 17 and party.)

Would put him back around 9 months after surgery.

Knowing absolutely nothing about the progression of his recovery, I'd say that sounds reasonable.

cdcox 08-12-2016 05:53 PM

A year from now, Houston will be day-to-day.

Dunerdr 08-12-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

My names Houston and I like to party.

mcaj22 08-12-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12365101)
Would put him back around 9 months after surgery.

Knowing absolutely nothing about the progression of his recovery, I'd say that sounds reasonable.

I have no idea, I just know there will be a definitive end date to all this speculation on Houston well before the Chiefs get to the playoffs.

If Houston hits any snag I'd imagine the Chiefs have something up their sleeve at the trade deadline for any extra pass rush help.

Easy 6 08-12-2016 06:08 PM

I didnt know that, thanks for the info mcaj22... at least there is a firm date to mark down

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12365134)
I have no idea, I just know there will be a definitive end date to all this speculation on Houston well before the Chiefs get to the playoffs.

If Houston hits any snag I'd imagine the Chiefs have something up their sleeve at the trade deadline for any extra pass rush help.

What NFL team is going to trade a pass rusher?

Dunerdr 08-12-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12365143)

One that's basically systematically eliminated from playoff contention and facing a rebuild... Yano half the league will be teetering on eliminated and half of that needing draft pics.

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 12365145)
One that's basically systematically eliminated from playoff contention and facing a rebuild... Yano half the league will be teetering on eliminated and half of that needing draft pics.

Pass rushers are at a Premium, which is why the Chiefs selected Ford in the first round.

Every team thinks they're one offseason away from a Super Bowl and there isn't going to be a single team that's willing to trade away a game changing pass rusher.

Dunerdr 08-12-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12365152)
Pass rushers are at a Premium, which is why the Chiefs selected Ford in the first round.

Every team thinks they're one offseason away from a Super Bowl and there isn't going to be a single team that's willing to trade away a game changing pass rusher.

Yeah there's no way the Falcons would trade freeney in week 10 ��

mcaj22 08-12-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12365143)

I don't think it's going to be a good one.

But if Houston never comes back they're going to need more than Dee Ford. Hali will be well worn down by the playoffs.

HemiEd 08-12-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 12365110)
A year from now, Houston will be day-to-day.

You hate to think it, but hopefully it isn't the old got paid issue.

Chief Roundup 08-12-2016 07:04 PM

What is this????? I, as well as many others, was scoffed at for not believing that he would be back week 1 as a few on here were ADAMANT that he would be because a couple of other players had done it, so be damned if Houston should not be able to do the same. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz 08-12-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

He can be put on the active roster and then just be inactive each week.

It's not like it's full snaps or nothing.

The team just has to make a decision about full IR at that time.

It's a roster decision week 11 not necessarily a 'play' decision

RINGLEADER 08-12-2016 07:18 PM

I heard basically the same thing from Reid and Dorsey on the NFL Radio training camp stop with the Chiefs. Was pretty much "Tamba and Jamaal will be back soon...but who knows if Justin will be back this season - gee, we sure hope so..."

Reading between the lines it sounds like Houston is out for the year.

This combined with losing Sean Smith leads me to believe that the Chiefs defense will be middle-of-the-pack this year. Hopefully, the offense starts clicking.